• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2016 Recruiting Class

WestEndVol

Rarest Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
VolQuest.com - George finds home on Rocky Top

"I love it and have ever since I came here last week. This week it was the same thing. I love it," George said. "My wide receiver coach from Dodge City came and worked the camp so I came down with him. I wanted to see how he felt about things too.

"Just seeing everything twice was good. We went up on top of the stadium which was really cool. It was just an awesome visit again. I knew this was probably where I wanted to be. I wasn't sure I was going to do it this soon. But I just decided it was the right thing to do."

George, who is a mid-term enrollee, said he has no plans to see any other schools.

"It's everything combined. I just can't see any other place being a better situation. Better coaches, players, just everything. I can't see any place being better than here.

"I always liked them a lot. Just coming and actually meeting everyone and seeing everything was icing on the cake."

The 6-6, 193-pound receiver also credited his relationship with receivers coach Zach Azzanni and some current players as big factors in becoming comfortable with all things orange the last couple of weeks.

"It's very important. He's been talking to me for a couple of months now. Meeting him and being around him the last couple of weeks has been good.

"It was real cool (to hang out with players) to make sure I was comfortable around them," George offered. "I talked to Marquez North a bunch and was around Neiko Creamer. Those were the two guys I was around the most."

George said in the end, two weeks on Rocky Top made it clear to him there was no better option to continue his college career.

"How the coaching staff treats me and how I will be cared about if I come here," George said of things that stood out. "Of course the stadium, you can't beat it. I hung out with the players. They were great. You just can't beat Tennessee."

WestEndVol

Rarest Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"It exceeded my expectations," Johnson admitted. "They have everything here. They have a barber shop in their athletic building. They have a restaurant. They have everything. They have cameras in the pools in the training room."

"I loved the visit. Everything was great. I'm still looking at schools, but I liked Tennessee hopefully I will be back. I'm going to say they are high on my list. I want to keep everyone in it, but I will say they are high on my list. "I go to NC State next week, then Louisville the week after. I have Baylor set up in July. I want to see those schools and everything then hopefully I will be back up to Tennessee."

"I spent time with everybody," Johnson said. "It was cool sitting in Butch Jones office. That something that just doesn't happen. That was cool. He was telling me how I would be a great fit here. "Me and coach Strip (Steve Stripling) sat down and went over football. We got on the board. We talked a lot of football and I talked a lot of football with coach (John) Jancek."

Johnson is a December graduate and an early enrollee and has three years to play two. He plans to announce his college choice on November 4th which is his brother's birthday.
-VQ

Alexis Johnson - Yahoo! Sports

WestEndVol

Rarest Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"I called coach (Butch) Jones and after a couple of minutes on the phone he threw me an offer," Pope told Volquest.com. "I'm completely overwhelmed right now with the Arkansas offer, the Mississippi State offer, the Ole Miss camp and now the Tennessee offer. I'm just flattered I have the opportunity to play at such prestigious school. "This week has been nuts. It has been unbelievable. I'm completely overwhelmed right now. This is my third SEC offer in three days.

"It means the world. Like I told coach Jones and like I told coach (Bret) Bielema, any SEC offer means the world to me. To be able to play in the SEC is a huge opportunity," Pope explained. "But, especially at Tennessee, the opportunity to play at a place like that with such prestige and tradition and it being my hometown is awesome. Everyone wants to get offered by the hometown team so that means a lot. I couldn't imagine a guy that it wouldn't. I honestly am stunned right now. I can't describe how I'm feeling right now."

"Recently, I heard the quote that it's not just about the next four years, it's about the next 40 years," Pope said. "So, I'm making this decision not based on the next four years but on the next 40. Because wherever I go will probably play out for the rest of my life and I just want to make the right decision. So, I guess you have to take it as a business trip, I don't think there's any other way you can. I'm going into it with an open mind

"UT's a great school and a great program and it has all the biggest and best of everything that's out there. But, if Tennessee's not the best fit for me I have to go somewhere else. I don't know where that fit is yet and that's why this summer has been good for me to camp around and going everywhere I possibly can to see these big-time schools."
-VQ

http://sports.yahoo.com/footballrecruiting/football/recruiting/player-Austin-Pope-172108

WestEndVol

Rarest Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bailey Phillips is no longer committed:

WestEndVol

Rarest Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

WestEndVol

Rarest Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2017 DB:

"Then, coach Martinez came out and saw me this past spring and that was big-time," Okudah said. "So, I told coach Gibson I would be coming out there to see him on June 17 or 18."
Quote:
"I'm intrigued about them because of everything I've heard about them from other recruits that have said they like it over there," Okudah explained. "I'm interested to see why Butch Jones lands those top recruits and what they like them.

"It tells me they are trying to build something and build something that's going to last, something that has longevity in the future."
-VQ

Jeffrey Okudah - Yahoo! Sports