• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2015 Trans Am & GTO

outlaw okie

Racer X
Hoopla Cash
$ 436.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hated seeing Pontiac go under, given the long history of bad-ass cars they made, so it'd be awesome to see some of their bellcows resurrected.

However...

The proposed cars pictured fall short, IMO. I love almost all of the new versions of the classics that have come out with a retro look, paying homage to the legends of the past (e.g. T-Bird, Challenger, Camaro, Mustang) but the proposed Trans Am misses the mark for me because, as someone else said, it's basically the new Camaro, which is meant to be a new play on the first generation 67-69 Camaro. My big problem with that is that the iconic TA wasn't a Gen1 car. When people think TA, they think of the 2nd generation models from the 70's. So if you're going to re-introduce a retro Trans Am, it needs to remind people of the classic 2nd Gen cars, not the 1st Gen.

And I love GTOs, but I'm not sure what they're going for with the one proposed here. It's not quite the abomination they tried to introduce in the early 2000's that didn't resemble anything but a Cavalier, but it doesn't instantly remind me of a classic Goat, either. Personally, I wish they'd go for something based off the 64 & 65, but maybe something like that would be a little too straight/boxy to appeal to today's consumer. But it would still look a hell of lot better than the last attempt.

:agree:

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FSUManager. I agree with on the 2.0 Liter Neon but the SRT-4 was away better because of the Turbo and the ability to easily adapt it to NOS use. That engine with mods could easily generate 300 HP.

The new Charger is indeed a big Dart. They should have kept the 2012-14 nose and body style. But like I already stated, when Chrysler gets a hit, they find a way to eff it up. They are covering their mistake by sticking a hellcat in it but basically it is a Darger.