• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2015 Stanley Cup Playoffs - Round 2 - Hawks vs Wild

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Borrowed this from another thread...

what frustrates me most is when the Hawks watch a guy carry the puck into their zone - instead of checking him, or at minimum, knocking him off his stride, they usually force him to the boards and will not make contact.

Thank you Antoine Vermette!! Twice last night, while the rest of the Hawks were watching the Wild skate into the zone - untouched - and started backing away, Vermette checked them, ending the rush. Thank you. Thank you. Thank you.

Honorable mention goes to Desjardins. He's hustling out there for the 4th line.

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Borrowed this from another thread...

Thank you Antoine Vermette!! Twice last night, while the rest of the Hawks were watching the Wild skate into the zone - untouched - and started backing away, Vermette checked them, ending the rush. Thank you. Thank you. Thank you.

Honorable mention goes to Desjardins. He's hustling out there for the 4th line.

absolutely.

Now we need Timonen to sit out a game and see if we can get someone back there that can keep up for 10 minutes a game. hawks are 15th in the playoffs giving up a whopping 37.1 shots per game (and dingers off the posts dont count) Still asking for Runblad which is scary, but someone able to skate with Rosie can get Keith and Seabs back together without double shifting.

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Such a pleasure to watch this Blackhawk team perform year in and year out.

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what a defensive gem. Kimo noticable, even on the offensive side. I guess I just worry one of the top 4 get a big hit and he has to play more, but Minny is deciding not to hit so far. Kane, Teuvo, Sharp, coming up big on the defensive side, Krueger was stellar, Hammer very very good, Crawford zoned back in. Nothing like getting outshined by a team mate and the opposing goaltender to get crow back on track.

Dubnik doing enough to win, hawks only had 21 shots, but that Minnesota team we were expecting only showed up in one period so far.

JBM73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Minny is deciding not to hit so far.

IF the Hawks can close out this series, they had better hope Calgary can come back and take theirs. Anaheim is big and physical and will absolutely punish the Hawks in that regards.

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see the Hawks winning game 3. I hope they do.

Glad I was wrong.

Minny is deciding not to hit so far.

I see Minny copying the Hawks' blueprint, which is puck control and less hitting. Edzo even mentioned on a broadcast not too long ago, "if you're team is hitting then you don't have the puck."

IF the Hawks can close out this series, they had better hope Calgary can come back and take theirs. Anaheim is big and physical and will absolutely punish the Hawks in that regards.

Part of me agrees. But last season we were all hoping for the Kings to win their series against Anaheim because the Kings looked to be the weaker (or more beatable) team coming in as the #3 seed in the Pacific. That backfired. And maybe the Ducks look good because - well, they are head-and-shoulders better than the other teams in the Pacific. The Central is a tougher division.

BTW: did they mention why Kenny Albert was paired up with Edzo instead of Doc? Thought that was out of the blue.

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah, I like Doc with Eddie, but last years Stanley cup final it was kenny and eddie, maybe they are trying to get them working together more so they sound better for the finals.

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry we haven't given you a better series... Good luck against the Ducks...

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry we haven't given you a better series... Good luck against the Ducks...

Its not done yet, Minny knows what it takes to beat the hawks, physical play at the blue line. I got a feeling we will see it tonight.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great job Hawks. Officially to the Wild what the Yanks are to the Twins.

You guys just simply make the little plays, don't panic and put pucks on the net.

Wild don't. It's really that simple a difference.

Winners win.

Vadered

Future Flyer Cup-Winner
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,135.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That Wild goal just brought the crowd back into it in a big way.

JBM73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And, that's a wrap on Round 2. The Hawks would destroy Calgary in a series. Not that I think Calgary is bad, I just think the Hawks match up perfectly against them. Hawks-Ducks could be an absolute war...

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2-1 against both Anaheim and Calgary this year. Rosie looks done so now Q needs to get Runblad or Cumiskey in the back end. Wonder if they take Johns away from the ice hogs.

Really dont know what the wild was going for in this series. When they were on they dominated play and clearly had the advantage. They just could not sustain it.

Win TWINS!!!

Least Racist Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2-1 against both Anaheim and Calgary this year. Rosie looks done so now Q needs to get Runblad or Cumiskey in the back end. Wonder if they take Johns away from the ice hogs.

Really dont know what the wild was going for in this series. When they were on they dominated play and clearly had the advantage. They just could not sustain it.

2 things... they couldn't get it past Crawford, and I think they just ran out of gas. It's not surprising considering the pace they'd played over the past 4 months just to get into the playoffs. It was my biggest fear.

Simply put, the Wild were outmatched and outplayed.

:suds: and good luck in your next round.

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You guys are welcome anytime to talk hockey. Was nice having you on the board.

It's interesting to hear your perspective, because I was on the edge of my seat this whole series. I never once thought that the Wild were out of it. That said, the one eye-popping stat (that they mentioned with a first period graphic) was that the Wild never had a lead in the series.

Hawks MVP of the series > I had Sharp penciled in the first two games, but Kane scored in each game. But in the end, I have to give it to Crow. He made some incredible saves.

Wild MVP would be Granlund. He never took a shift off and had some quality chances.

As for Rosie: it's being reported that he broke his ankle and needs surgery. Haven't heard yet who will get the call from Rockford to replace him.

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
a couple of friends drove up to St. Paul for game 4 and brought me back a souvenir.

11216590_926432247421389_1131250086730715692_n.jpg