• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2015-2016 Emmys / 68th Primetime Emmy Awards

DragonfromTO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was just looking over the nominees and thought something was a little odd, although I usually don't pay much attention to the Emmys and it's probably not the first time something like this has happened.

In the "guest actress in a comedy series" category, one of the nominees is "Tina Fey AND Amy Poehler". They joined at the hip now or something? Has this happened before? I was thinking maybe small kids where they used twins and nominated both, but kids that young don't seem likely to be nominated.

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was just looking over the nominees and thought something was a little odd, although I usually don't pay much attention to the Emmys and it's probably not the first time something like this has happened.

In the "guest actress in a comedy series" category, one of the nominees is "Tina Fey AND Amy Poehler". They joined at the hip now or something? Has this happened before? I was thinking maybe small kids where they used twins and nominated both, but kids that young don't seem likely to be nominated.
I have never seen that. Maybe because they were both hosting SNL that night? I do not think we would have seen that if they were both guesting on "Hardcastle And McCormick" or something. I hope not.

DragonfromTO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have never seen that. Maybe because they were both hosting SNL that night? I do not think we would have seen that if they were both guesting on "Hardcastle And McCormick" or something. I hope not.

Oh that's absolutely the reasoning behind nominating them together. But it still seems like a ridiculous explanation, no? It seems to me that the category is clearly individual.

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh that's absolutely the reasoning behind nominating them together. But it still seems like a ridiculous explanation, no?
I don't know. I kind of see both sides. On one hand I agree with you. On the other, I am not sure I think just one person should be nominated when there were two co-hosts.
I wonder if they were ever nominated as a pair for any of the awards shows they hosted. (edit- doesn't look like it)

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Emmy's are just a half-step above the MTV Movie Awards. Ridiculous categories and ridiculous nominees.

DragonfromTO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know. I kind of see both sides. On one hand I agree with you. On the other, I am not sure I think just one person should be nominated when there were two co-hosts.
I wonder if they were ever nominated as a pair for any of the awards shows they hosted. (edit- doesn't look like it)

I think if you feel that you absolutely have to nominate both of them then they should be nominated separately and take up two spots.

DragonfromTO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Emmy's are just a half-step above the MTV Movie Awards. Ridiculous categories and ridiculous nominees.

Well yeah, I mean the "real" answer to my complaint is "It's an award show, they can do whatever the hell they want regarding nominations/awards and who really gives a shit anyway?" :wink:

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty good noms.

Fargo and OJ Simpson show got their representation big time.

Kit Harrington was pretty strange though

DragonfromTO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On another Emmy note, "The Americans" finally! Although I think that Dylan Baker and Alison Wright were snubbed it was nice to see this series get some real acknowledgement from the Academy.

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol, like any award show they do not mean much to me, but I kind of like the Emmys.

I like Malek*, Odenkirk, Rhys being nominated for best actor drama.
I like Maslany**, and Russell for best actress drama.
I like the Ansari, Kemper, and Metcalf, and Nash nominations.
I like the Master Of None and The Americans nominations.

They are not perfect awards. Like usual I think there are some nominees for shows that were much better years ago (Hi Modern Family and Homeland). I would have liked Patrick Wilson to get a nomination for Fargo, perhaps Ted Danson too. And I would have liked for Rachel Bloom to get a nomination.

* Don't watch it but he was great in The Pacific and I like how its kind of odd pick for the Emmys
**Gave up on the show but she is great

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Maslany**, and Russell for best actress drama.

**Gave up on the show but she is great
Tatiana Maslany is amazing. I have never seen an actor pull off what she does on that show. She has 5 "regular" characters that she plays along with about a dozen other bit parts, and she is completely convincing in all of them. I just hope that when the show ends, she does not have the "stink" of TV on her and can graduate to movies, because I think she can be very successful.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Americans SHOULD win all the awards they're nominated (FINALLY) for but they won't.

Also, Louie Anderson better win for supporting comedic actor. He blows everyone away in the role of Mama Baskets.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Hey, I have an Emmy! (albeit just a regional)

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey, I have an Emmy! (albeit just a regional)
Well, uh...

YOURS is CLEARLY legit. I was talking about the, uh, OTHER Emmy's...

:bolt:

seriosly, though, that is awesome. I don't have anything remotely to the level, so any jabs I make can and should be taken with the authority that comes with it.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, uh...

YOURS is CLEARLY legit. I was talking about the, uh, OTHER Emmy's...

:bolt:

seriosly, though, that is awesome. I don't have anything remotely to the level, so any jabs I make can and should be taken with the authority that comes with it.

Heh. Sometimes when you work with great people, it's kinda' hard not to win stuff.

Kinda funny really. The year I did win, it was unexpected, and I wasn't even at the awards. The next year, I had a pretty prolific year, and things I'd cut were up for EIGHT frickin awards. So I got all dressed up and went... 0 for 8.

Gave me a new appreciation when they cut away to the losers on Oscar night. :)

I did get to hear Cronkite speak though, so that was pretty fucking cool.

johnson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why does Vikings get so little love from the Emmys? There are three actors on that show far superior to Kyle Chandler in Bloodline (a show I like well enough), who is nominated.

At least they finally grasped Tatainy Maslany from Orphan Black should at a minimum be nominated (someone who competently plays like 7 different roles in a show should have been a no-brainer since Season 1)