• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2014 HHOF induction class

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you'll see Hasek, Foppa and Mike Modano for sure

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have said this the last few years, but can we get Pat Burns into the HHOF?

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have said this the last few years, but can we get Pat Burns into the HHOF?

its criminal that he was not put in before. just criminal

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What a class. Ha-suck, Ugly Drury, Dr Recchi and Beardano.

I know Hasek is in on the first ballot. But I am going to give the finger to his plaque when I go.

/Just like Belfour

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Think Barrasso ever makes the HoF? I tend to think he's not worthy myself, but can't say I really watched too much of him, certainly not him in his prime.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Think Barrasso ever makes the HoF? I tend to think he's not worthy myself, but can't say I really watched too much of him, certainly not him in his prime.

No.

Just... No.

The hall and the cup have been sullied enough. NO BARRASSO

DragonfromTO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you'll see Hasek, Foppa and Mike Modano for sure

If Forsberg's career is good enough not just to be in but to be a first ballot guy, what about Lindros? Incredibly similar careers.

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Forsberg's career is good enough not just to be in but to be a first ballot guy, what about Lindros? Incredibly similar careers.

Foppa won a few cups, Big E didn't, I think that could be a huge difference maker - Big E was the main guy on some of the teams people thought could win it all and they never did and he was a main culprit, as great of numbers he put up, he still didn't get it done

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BTW I lol'ed hard when I saw Patrick Lalime's name on that list

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Somewhat agreed here. I think Forsberg was the better player with the better career but is the difference enough to compensate for one being in the Hall and the other not? Tough to say.

What about Theo Fleury? Jeremy Roenick has to be knocking at the door. Better peak than Modano and similar numbers, IMO. Ditto for Pierre Turgeon; fantastic player.

Last edited by a moderator:

DragonfromTO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Foppa won a few cups, Big E didn't, I think that could be a huge difference maker - Big E was the main guy on some of the teams people thought could win it all and they never did and he was a main culprit, as great of numbers he put up, he still didn't get it done

And that's a thick enough line between them to say that one is in on the first ballot and the other one is completely out?

Foppa also played on better teams, teams with no-doubt first ballot Hall of Famers. Hextall and Brind'amour were nice little players, but they weren't Roy and Sakic. Rob Blake wasn't too bad either.

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And that's a thick enough line between them to say that one is in on the first ballot and the other one is completely out?

Foppa also played on better teams, teams with no-doubt first ballot Hall of Famers. Hextall and Brind'amour were nice little players, but they weren't Roy and Sakic. Rob Blake wasn't too bad either.

Look at what the Flyers faced in the East - their biggest competition was probably New Jersey and Pittsburgh(in a few of those years) - Colorado faced Detroit a ton and some really tough teams in the West - Flyers usually had an easier road and still couldn't win it all - and you saw what happened when the Flyers played Detroit in the Finals, they got swept(Detroit is much superior and it does prove your point to an extent that maybe Eric didn't have the pieces around him that Foppa had, but it also shows that Big E couldn't take over games enough when it mattered)

DragonfromTO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Except when you go to Lindros house you cant have a drink....he has no cups

If you go to Eric's house you get to do keg stands with second tier guys like Desjardins, Vanbiesbrouck and Brind'amour instead of sitting around with Hall of Famers like Sakic, Roy and Blake with your pinkies in the air. Then when you're done Eric goes KooKoo Bananas and dumps a beer on your head.

DragonfromTO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Look at what the Flyers faced in the East - their biggest competition was probably New Jersey and Pittsburgh(in a few of those years) - Colorado faced Detroit a ton and some really tough teams in the West - Flyers usually had an easier road and still couldn't win it all - and you saw what happened when the Flyers played Detroit in the Finals, they got swept(Detroit is much superior and it does prove your point to an extent that maybe Eric didn't have the pieces around him that Foppa had, but it also shows that Big E couldn't take over games enough when it mattered)

Playoff stats

Eric Lindros 0.48 GPG, 0.66 APG, 1.14 PPG

Peter Forsberg 0.42 GPG, 0.71 APG, 1.13 PPG

:think:

Also doesn't take into account that every time Lindros played a team they threw the kitchen sink at him, whereas teams playing Colorado had to worry about Sakic's line.

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Playoff stats

Eric Lindros 0.48 GPG, 0.66 APG, 1.14 PPG

Peter Forsberg 0.42 GPG, 0.71 APG, 1.13 PPG

:think:

Also doesn't take into account that every time Lindros played a team they threw the kitchen sink at him, whereas teams playing Colorado had to worry about Sakic's line.

Big E had Foppa on goals but Foppa has a better assist per game and just .01 PPG behind Big E, so to me, while Big E was the better goal scorer, Foppa was a better play maker and his play making ability just about exceeds Big E's ability to score goals

I know it's a close debate but I just feel like Foppa made the big plays when it really mattered - and Foppa was putting up those numbers as probably the second option, right? Since they would key on Joe Sakic's line? To me that's pretty impressive