• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2014 Flyers Olympic Thread

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The combination of seeing Mesz be a healthy scratch game after game combined with JvR (who would be tops on our team in goal scoring and second in points) producing at such a high level for the Leafs and Team USA is a bit sickening, you have to admit.

While I did like the addition of Schenn, we'd still at this point have six Nhl caliber defensemen without him and JvR would seemingly fit in nicely alongside Giroux and Voracek on that top line. I am of course showing some bias as I hated moving JvR all along, but the stats don't lie here and every time I turn on the tv to watch him, he is dazzling.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The point is that the two things people claim most (besides goaltending) that are the missing pieces for the Flyers to start winning Cups are a legitimate top pairing defenseman and a top line scoring winger. Luke Schenn is neither of those, while JvR is looking like that winger more and more with each passing day.

If the Leafs somehow end up making the playoffs over us via a wild card spot, this trade will go down as an epic fail. Fortunately, I expect us to lock up the second seed in the Metro and not have it come down to that. Either way, round one ought to be interesting. As of right now, we would play the Rags and Pittsburgh would host Detroit..as fucked up as it sounds.

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Michael Raffl scored a goal today in Austria's win against Norway!

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Latest news via tsn.

Sidney Crosby had some new linemates to start the game as Babcock broke up what was arguably one of Canada’s best trios against Austria. Benn and Bergeron flanked the Penguins sniper, after the pair skated alongside Islanders forward John Tavares on Friday.

So they screw up another solid line to find line mates for crosby after kunitz was demoted from his line. How's that chemistry working Doobs obviously in a tournament like this talent is key as they're still having problems. I'd like to hear your explanation as they could certainly use G at this point to spark the team....yet they still left St.Louis out? I just don't get team Canada management's rational....they are fucking up an unfuckable situation trying to baby crosby again. nuts just nuts....

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hear you Mav but remember at the time the Flyers had no trouble scoring Fwd was a position of strength D a serious weakness with lack of depth. I don't blame the move and if Luke continues to improve he could be that solid top 4 guy back there for years. He's also punishing which come playoffs is nice to have on your team. Just as long as guys continue to get better like Harts they should be fine heading into the playoffs... also remember that JVR wasn’t looking very good he was no sure thing and had many injuries.

The only guy I'm sorry to see leave was Richie but we can't complain with what came back in that trade...

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Austria is finished, so Michael Raffl will be back in Philadelphia pretty soon

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Austria is finished, so Michael Raffl will be back in Philadelphia pretty soon

great olympics for him though, no doubt. might've been austria's best player.

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
great olympics for him though, no doubt. might've been austria's best player.

Yeah he was pretty good the entire tournament - Grabner was pretty good too

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good game today USA fans hard fought! I thought for sure that kunitz would blow the game he tried his best took a stupid penalty and consistently shot the puck wide or right into Quick's chest. Crosby played better but it didn't matter as kunitz fucked up every opportunity wasting 1st line minutes. Hopefully this moron is benched for St.Louis and Canada can take out the Swedes for gold...piss off as it didn't need to be that difficult.

JBM73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm putting the cheese away. The Olympics are over.