• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2014 Draft...

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who do you guys like? Here's the two guys I want...

1st round: Odell Beckham Jr WR

STRENGTHS: Smooth athlete with very good acceleration to get up to top speed quickly. Terrific shake and burst out of his cuts to beat press and do something after the catch - dangerous with the ball. Excellent vision with dynamic moves. Good footwork, timing and depth in his routes to create separation and catch the ball well in stride. Much improved hands, doing a nice job elevating and extending to snare the ball from the air - large catching radius and tracks well. Ball appears to slow down for him at the catch point, making fluid adjustments with natural body control.
Speedy and explosive return man on special teams with vision, awareness and toughness to create - two career punt returns for scores. Consistent production all three seasons at LSU with career-highs in 2013.
WEAKNESSES: Only average height and overall body strength - room to get stronger. Lacks elite speed and can be caught from behind by NFL DBs. Timid at times over the middle.
Has improved leaps and bounds catching the ball with his hands, but he will still have the occasional drop off his mitts. Missed blocking assignment and needs technique work in this area.
Room to improve his judgment and consistency fielding punts. Only 12 career receiving scores in 34 career starts.

2nd Round: Stanley Jean-Baptiste

STRENGTHS: Boasts excellent height and length for the position. Gets a strong initial jam to re-route receivers when playing press-man coverage. Often asked to play off-man principles, as well, showing the patience to allow receivers to get near him before beginning his turning motion. By doing so, Jean-Baptiste is able to sneak a peek toward the quarterback and break quickly on short and intermediate routes.

Uses his long arms and strong hands to bat away passes as they arrive, demonstrating good hand-eye coordination and leaping ability. Uses his long arms very effectively to rip free from blockers. Surprisingly fluid hips for a cornerback of his size. Capable of changing directions well to maintain close proximity to the receiver. Good ball skills, including the ability to extend and pluck outside of his frame.

WEAKNESSES: Not nearly as physical as his size would indicate, especially when tackling. Frequently relies on ducking his head and swiping at the legs of ballcarriers. Could be viewed by some as a potential safety convert but hasn't played this position before and will need to develop more physicality and reliability as an open-field tackler.

While fluid in changing directions, is susceptible to double-moves because he doesn't possess ideal initial burst and possesses just fair straight-line speed, overall.

COMPARES TO: Brandon Browner, Seattle Seahawks - Like Browner, Jean-Baptiste combines size, ball skills and surprising fluidity to intrigue as a super-sized cornerback. Browner only re-emerged as an NFL player in recent years, however, after languishing in the CFL in part due to a lack of straight-line speed inconsistent effectiveness as an open-field tackler. Should the light turn on for Jean-Baptiste, he could stick in the NFL. Without greater reliability as a tackler, however, his time in the league could be short.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just some Draft Ideas.

1) Trade up and grab WR Evans or CB Dennard.
2)Grab 2 CBs with in the 1st 4 picks.(One has to become a starter)
3)Grab best Talent on the board doesn't matter what position they are.
4)Trade up and grab another 1st rd pick. Try and get 2 1st rd picks.

BloodType49

FT Bragg NC, aka the center of the universe.
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,210.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've been thinking a lot about grabbing Austin Seferian Jenkins early in the second<granted he is still on the board> and trading our Pick we got from KC, before everyone freaks out there are 2 reasons I want him, He offers another legitimate TE threat opposite VD and since we love 2 run 2 TE sets all the fuckin time we might as well have 2 legitimate play makers out there.

Reason number 2 is to keep him out of the clutches of the Seahawks and man would it chap their asses if we grabbed a UW player and made him a 49er

I think he is a special player and eventually can replace Vernon Davis as our number 1 TE

Last edited by a moderator:

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I've been thinking a lot about grabbing Austin Seferian Jenkins early in the second<granted he is still on the board> and trading our Pick we got from KC, before everyone freaks out there are 2 reasons I want him, He offers another legitimate TE threat opposite VD and since we love 2 run 2 TE sets all the fuckin time we might as well have 2 legitimate play makers out there.

Reason number 2 is to keep him out of the clutches of the Seahawks and man would it chap their asses if we grabbed a UW player and made him a 49er

I think he is a special player and eventually can replace Vernon Davis as our number 1 TE

The Supreme Austin Seferian-Jenkins Highlights - YouTube

true, but this is where McDonald should come in. he was primarily a receiving TE in college, and should be able to catch the ball well. last year, reports are his blocking has improved from college. so in making the transition from his rookie to 2nd year, he's likely this guy already.

4lifer9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
true, but this is where McDonald should come in. he was primarily a receiving TE in college, and should be able to catch the ball well. last year, reports are his blocking has improved from college. so in making the transition from his rookie to 2nd year, he's likely this guy already.

I felt he blocked surprisingly well from the time he got here and showed improvement through the year. I really like him for our offensive system

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I felt he blocked surprisingly well from the time he got here and showed improvement through the year. I really like him for our offensive system

this is the year he'll show his potential in the receiving game. not expecting big stats, but by the end of the season, enough to prove his 2nd round pick.

a lot of attention is on Carradine (fellow 2nd rounder), but you'd think McDonald is in better position to "break out"?