• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2014-15 starting lineup

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Scott came out with the starting 5 he expects to bring out: Lakers News: Byron Scott Shares Potential Starting Lineup | Lakers Nation

C - Jordan Hill
PF - Carlos Boozer
SF - Wesley Johnson
SG - Kobe Bryant
PG - Steve Nash

Now apparently he's not sure on Nash starting: Byron Scott Now Unsure If Steve Nash Will Start This Year | Lakers Nation

I'd personally swap Nash with Lin in the starting lineup, and even with Nash healthy I wouldn't want to see more than 15-20 min out of him.

Also, depending on how well Randle does, swap him with Boozer after a couple of months. Give Randle 30 minutes and he'll easily get us a double/double.

What do you guys think?

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Scott came out with the starting 5 he expects to bring out: Lakers News: Byron Scott Shares Potential Starting Lineup | Lakers Nation

C - Jordan Hill
PF - Carlos Boozer
SF - Wesley Johnson
SG - Kobe Bryant
PG - Steve Nash

Now apparently he's not sure on Nash starting: Byron Scott Now Unsure If Steve Nash Will Start This Year | Lakers Nation

I'd personally swap Nash with Lin in the starting lineup, and even with Nash healthy I wouldn't want to see more than 15-20 min out of him.

Also, depending on how well Randle does, swap him with Boozer after a couple of months. Give Randle 30 minutes and he'll easily get us a double/double.

What do you guys think?

agree 100% about Steve Nash. also don't wanna see a whole lotta minutes outta Booze either. imo his role is to groom the new kid Randle, then get HIM into the starting rotation. just my 2 cents though...

LALakersboy24.7

I am the Lizard King
Hoopla Cash
$ 206.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I also don't want to see Kobe playing more then 31 minutes a game, and he should get days off often.

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Glad we don't have to see Nick Young guarding guys like KD and LBJ in the starting SF role. Johnson plays defense pretty decently.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Scott likes Young off the bench for his scoring ability.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Scott likes Young off the bench for his scoring ability.

Nick "The Microwave" Young. :lol:

On Nash starting: Assuming he's healthy, I could see Nash starting, but not necessarily playing starters minutes. I think about 20 minutes or so (less in blowouts) would be just about right. Have him start the game to get the offense rolling, bring him for a couple of minutes here and there during the game (especially during stretches where the team needs to be "calmed down") and then have him out there to close games.

I think this would ensure the Lakers having their best/most experienced PG on the floor when needed most, but still preserve his energy if this team manages to make the playoffs or is in contention for a possible playoff spot in the latter part of the season.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nick "The Microwave" Young. :lol:

On Nash starting: Assuming he's healthy, I could see Nash starting, but not necessarily playing starters minutes. I think about 20 minutes or so (less in blowouts) would be just about right. Have him start the game to get the offense rolling, bring him for a couple of minutes here and there during the game (especially during stretches where the team needs to be "calmed down") and then have him out there to close games.

I think this would ensure the Lakers having their best/most experienced PG on the floor when needed most, but still preserve his energy if this team manages to make the playoffs or is in contention for a possible playoff spot in the latter part of the season.

It all depends on what position the Lakers find themselves during any given night.

If they're getting killed on D, it wouldn't make sense to keep Nash in the game. But if the scoring is a problem, they may have Nash (for his shooting ability), Kobe and Young on at the same time.

A lot of variables this year but I like where we're at right now.

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It all depends on what position the Lakers find themselves during any given night.

If they're getting killed on D, it wouldn't make sense to keep Nash in the game. But if the scoring is a problem, they may have Nash (for his shooting ability), Kobe and Young on at the same time.

A lot of variables this year but I like where we're at right now.

True, Scott will most likely mix and match depending on the opposition. The Lakers are looking quite flexible right now. We got a stretch 4 in Kelly as well, and even though I don't think he's that great of a player, he can switch it up against teams for us.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Scott will finally push the FO to end this Nash experiment and get on with the rebuild. The lakers let go of Gasol. They get it through their heads that it is time to re-tool as also Kobe's career comes to a close.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Scott will finally push the FO to end this Nash experiment and get on with the rebuild. The lakers let go of Gasol. They get it through their heads that it is time to re-tool as also Kobe's career comes to a close.

let's all hope Buss is that smart. but i agree that common sense should dictate that it's time to move on...

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

At this point, there's really no need to worry about ending it. It's the last year of the contract and unless he secretly had his legs and back replaced with bionic one's, this is the last season of his career.

They might be able to get his contract off the books near the trade deadline if they are in playoff contention and can make a trade for a player who could help with a team that is looking for expiring deals for cap space.

At this point, unless that, or some unlikely scenario presents itself, I say let the guy play as much as he can and then retire after the season.

Plus, letting him retire on his own terms as much as possible would be a class move that would go unnoticed by most, but would be noticed by players, imo.

Last edited by a moderator:

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still have hope for Johnson. There's no doubt the athleticism is top notch. The desire seems to be the lacking element. He's been working out all summer with Kobe. If there is any player to watch and learn from regarding desire, it's Kobe. This is the season for Johnson to fulfill his high draft pick potential. If Kobe can't light a fire under him, then he's a lost cause.

Commentary: Kobe conducting classes in physical education - The Orange County Register

I love that Kobe has been working out all summer with Johnson. Johnson's length and athleticism makes him a tough defender. He's taller and longer than Kobe. Working on his moves against the body-type of Johnson can only be a benefit once he's going against players more his size during the regular season.