• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2013 NHL Draft - Sunday June 30th @ 12:00 Noon

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Sharks Picks
Round 1:
20th overall (SJ)

Round 2: 49th overall (NYR), 50th overall (SJ), 58th overall (Pit)

Round 3: None

Round 4: 111th overall (SJ)

Round 5: 141th overall (SJ)

Round 6: None

Round 7: 187th overall (CGY), 201th overall (SJ)

Traded Picks
3rd round 81th overall (SJ) to the Wild for James Sheppard

3rd round 63nd overall (Fla) to the Coyotes for Raffi Torres

6th round 171th overall (SJ) to the Preds for Scott Hannan

Button's top 75 draft eligible players

ISS top 30

Last edited by a moderator:

sjrules99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Somehow I doubt these will be the picks we end up with... The one downside to the solid effort the sharks made in these PO's is that dougie is far less likely to make sweeping moves. Boyle, Jumbo, Patty, pavs, and nemo are all far more likely sharks next year.

The question is will they resign torres (I hope so) and will they try to/be able to move havlat and demers. I really hope dougie decides to trade some of the grizzled vets for picks... If dougie can stockpile a few more picks, then it could make the inevitable transition much quicker and smoother. If he rides the jumbo-patty-boyle train into the ground, then it we a loooong climb back...

SJVP408

Shark Attack!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Possibly 4 of the top 60 picks. Hope the scouts have been doing their jobs. This is a huge draft for the future of this franchise. Can really stock up the prospect pool quickly with that kind of ammo.

snowsurfer13sss

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
What do you think the Sharks will target in the first round? Im hoping for a speedy winger like maybe Andre Burakowsky? Or Hunter Shinkaruk? I think id be really pumped with Hunter.

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Going off of player tweets the Sharks have had combine interviews with Bo Horvat, Nick Petan, Hunter Shinkaruk, Ryan Hartman, Josh Morrissey, and Jason Dickinson.

Strength and endurance testing starts tomorrow.

snowsurfer13sss

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Hunter please! Hopefully he falls to us, from what I have seen he is projected from the 12-20th picks. Might have to trade up a few spots.

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Hunter please! Hopefully he falls to us, from what I have seen he is projected from the 12-20th picks. Might have to trade up a few spots.

Hunter would be nice but I think the Sharks would have to trade up for him also. If they keep the 20th pick really there's only 3 or 4 players in the top 45 I'd be disappointed to see them pick.

snowsurfer13sss

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Im just tired of seeing "hes got decent speed for his size" haha I want to see "hes blazing fast and has soft hands." Its about time we draft a future winger with speed and skill to play on LoCo's wing. Its much easier said then done, I know. But once Patty and Havlat are gone theres really no guy on the team that can stretch the ice.

MrChangoT97

Dr. Pepper is the bomb
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I want a goal scorer who KNOWS how to elevate the puck when the goalie is down!

:burt: still have nightmares about Pavelski's missed oppertunity! Ugh!?!?!!? :doh:

snowsurfer13sss

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
I have watched Nick Petan play a couple times... he's tiny! Hope hes not on the radar haha 5'9 150 no thank you.

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I have watched Nick Petan play a couple times... he's tiny! Hope hes not on the radar haha 5'9 150 no thank you.

Weight is a little off. His official WHL weigh in was 167lbs. I'll be interested to see what his combine weigh in will be. He's a player I like a lot and picking him at 20 wouldn't be a stretch.

snowsurfer13sss

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Weight is a little off. His official WHL weigh in was 167lbs. I'll be interested to see what his combine weigh in will be. He's a player I like a lot and picking him at 20 wouldn't be a stretch.

Thats a bit better he would still have a ways to go with weight. You're not worried about his size then?

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Thats a bit better he would still have a ways to go with weight. You're not worried about his size then?

Not really. His elite level skating and puck skills combined with very good hockey sense and vision cancel out any concerns over his size. I would like to see him add some muscle and have a playing weight in the 180lbs range though.

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Hockey's Future has the Sharks taking Anthony Mantha with the 20th overall.

TSN Scouting Report said:
Anthony is a very gifted scorer. Excellent hands and he is able to handle the puck in traffic and in tight spots and get his shot to the net in a manner that makes it difficult for goaltenders. Can attack in multiple ways, skating and shooting in stride, in traffic around the net and in a 'post-up' position. He has goal scoring instincts and is very quick to recognize them and take advantage. Gets himself open at the right times and is a hard player to keep in check. He is smart and recognizes where the opportunities may present themselves and is capable of making plays which allows him to impact the game in multiple ways from an offensive standpoint. He has continually progressed and he is the type of player who can make a significant offensive contribution at the NHL level.

FTF has the Sharks taking Andre Burakowsky. I Believe FTF has picked both the Sharks last two 1st round pick correctly in Hertl and Coyle.

TSN Scouting Report said:
Andre is explosive and powerful. His skating is excellent and he has the ability to challenge defenders and put them on their heels. He is the type of player who makes defencemen nervous because he is not only fast but determined as well and he will not back down from the competitive areas and is very difficult to deter. Good puck skills and can make plays at high speed and he is capable of beating you with a drive to the net or with a pass given the opportunity. His natural scoring abilities may not be high but he gets chances and will produce offence because of the skating but perhaps not as much as some would expect with his skating ability. Overall, a player who will be able to find his way because he has multiple dimensions to his game.

snowsurfer13sss

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Andre Burakowsky was a guy I really liked for a while. Sharks need a true winger with speed to play with Logan or Pavs in the future. Hes quick and has an awesome wrist shot. Guess hes a little skinny but hes got a 6'1 frame so putting weight on shouldnt be to hard. Excited for draft day theres so many good choices this year.

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Andre Burakowsky was a guy I really liked for a while. Sharks need a true winger with speed to play with Logan or Pavs in the future. Hes quick and has an awesome wrist shot. Guess hes a little skinny but hes got a 6'1 frame so putting weight on shouldnt be to hard. Excited for draft day theres so many good choices this year.

Yeah, there are maybe 5 or 6 players in the top 45 that I wouldn't want to see the Sharks take with the 20th pick.

I'd love to see them move Boyle at the draft for a 10-15 overall pick and take a forward there then take a dman with the 20th overall. Josh Morrissey, Ryan Pulock, or Robert Hagg would be my preferances in that order.

snowsurfer13sss

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Yeah, there are maybe 5 or 6 players in the top 45 that I wouldn't want to see the Sharks take with the 20th pick.

I'd love to see them move Boyle at the draft for a 10-15 overall pick and take a forward there then take a dman with the 20th overall. Josh Morrissey, Ryan Pulock, or Robert Hagg would be my preferances in that order.

It would be a dream if the Sharks traded Boyle to move up and grab Hunter Shinkaruk with the 10-15 then took Morrissey at 20. That would be tooo damn perfect haha

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
NHL Network's mock draft has the Sharks taking Kerby Rychel at 20. One of the few players I don't want to see the Sharks pick.

Also, there is a pic of the main draft board in New Jersey that shows the Sharks having 3 first round picks. Their pick at 20 then the 17th from Ottawa and the 30th from Chicago. I would assume, since we haven't heard about any actual trades, that they are just system testing the board to make sure everything works in case there are trades made but the pic is causing quite a stir in some places.

draft.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Cbrower91

Donkey Bonker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Somehow I doubt these will be the picks we end up with... The one downside to the solid effort the sharks made in these PO's is that dougie is far less likely to make sweeping moves. Boyle, Jumbo, Patty, pavs, and nemo are all far more likely sharks next year.

The question is will they resign torres (I hope so) and will they try to/be able to move havlat and demers. I really hope dougie decides to trade some of the grizzled vets for picks... If dougie can stockpile a few more picks, then it could make the inevitable transition much quicker and smoother. If he rides the jumbo-patty-boyle train into the ground, then it we a loooong climb back...

Of all the old guard patty is the only one who should stay becAuse he actually has the skating ability to still play in this league speed wise the rest not so much