• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2013 NFL Draft Baalke Bash quarto round attraverso sette

AU_Fever

The secret of getting ahead is getting started.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why has Jesse Williams dropped all the way to the 3rd day? Does he has some sort of injury that teams are aware of? Can he play NT?

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Why has Jesse Williams dropped all the way to the 3rd day? Does he has some sort of injury that teams are aware of? Can he play NT?

His knee, I am assuming. If you watched a lot of Alabama games this past season, you'd see him on the sidelines a lot favoring his knee. He would start games, but never finish them. When he starts the games he seems like a one man wrecking crew (top 10 type prospect), but then he gets worn out by the 3rd quarter and you hardly see him return back in the field. Not sure if it was always a knee related issue or simply a lack of conditioning issue.

AU_Fever

The secret of getting ahead is getting started.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His knee, I am assuming. If you watched a lot of Alabama games this past season, you'd see him on the sidelines a lot favoring his knee. He would start games, but never finish them. When he starts the games he seems like a one man wrecking crew (top 10 type prospect), but then he gets worn out by the 3rd quarter and you hardly see him return back in the field. Not sure if it was always a knee related issue or simply a lack of conditioning issue.

Thanks Bingo. Yesterday was certainly a great day for the Niners. Hope they can replicate it today.

Hangman

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,152.62
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

In the bowl game this year he hyper-extended his knee and looked weak and pitiful out there trying to play on it. I am sure that has a lot to do with it

JMedlock5186

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The lack of interest in NT by the 49ers, to me, says alot about how much they value that position

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I'm conflicted. I liked this draft's depth and thought there'd be more intriguing options at all levels of the draft than there usually is so it wouldn't have been bad to have many picks this year. However, since the end of yesterday I've become increasingly worried that we'll see too many players selected from this class and have to end up cutting some just because of a numbers game.

There are going to be guys throughout the WHOLE day today that I'm really going to want. Although, yesterday was one of the most brutal draft days I can ever remember of contenders adding a WHOLE lot of very good prospects to improve their teams. Still, there's a lot of great names out there but I don't want to see too many guys added who get caught up in a numbers game.

I really should do a roster breakdown real quick just so I have a number in mind that I can throw out there. They have the 3 compensatory picks they HAVE to make and can't trade (a 4, two 7s) so that's three and then 4 regular picks (a 4, a 5, a 6, and a 7).

Now obviously if they hit home runs at every pick possible that'll affect who gets booted or who might get booted from the roster so it's hard to do a roster breakdown, but regardless it's becoming more and more of a numbers game and I fear they'll wind up with more names (more average ones?) where we run the risk of cutting them like last year.

--------------------------

Daniel Jeremiah "hears" that the Packers are actively shopping Desmond Bishop. I know the guy had the injury but when healthy he's one of their scarier players on offense OR defense in my opinion. I HOPE they get rid of him (to a non-contender, please) whether he's healthy or not. I don't want to see him on that team anymore.

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Elway said the decision to take Montee Ball over Eddie Lacy "came down to the medical report." I usually don't believe personnel people or coaches when they say ONE thing ALONE specifically, even sometimes big things, is the thing that ticked it in favor of one guy over another, but I wanted to pass that along because I thought some might find it interesting for historical purposes.

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Ravens fill pressing need at ILB, select KSU's Brown in second round - Carroll County Times: Ravens

Baltimore director of college scouting Joe Hortiz said Brown’s skill set is comparable to San Francisco 49ers Pro Bowler Navorro Bowman.

“He’s just a really instinctive player that plays hard every snap,” Hortiz said of Brown. “He finds his way to the ball and shows very good speed. … He can really run. He’s got great lateral range. And he’s just a leader, a great kid and he’s passed every test along the way.”

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Ravens fill pressing need at ILB, select KSU's Brown in second round - Carroll County Times: Ravens

Baltimore director of college scouting Joe Hortiz said Brown’s skill set is comparable to San Francisco 49ers Pro Bowler Navorro Bowman.

“He’s just a really instinctive player that plays hard every snap,” Hortiz said of Brown. “He finds his way to the ball and shows very good speed. … He can really run. He’s got great lateral range. And he’s just a leader, a great kid and he’s passed every test along the way.”

They got themselves a steal there. Great gamble by them not addressing their ILB position (a major need) with a first round pick. We on the other hand, had a similar crisis but at another position (FS), yet we panicked and selected a player too early at pick #18. It's frustrating to see how the elite GMs handle the draft year after year.

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Jeremiah has also heard that the Steelers are trying to trade Jonathan Dwyer. I like him better than LMJ as an overall back and he'd beat the you know what out of Dixon for sure (and Hampton), outside of maybe STs which is a factor, but I don't see it being in the universe of a possible addition.

Hangman

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,152.62
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They got themselves a steal there. Great gamble by them not addressing their ILB position (a major need) with a first round pick. We on the other hand, had a similar crisis but at another position (FS), yet we panicked and selected a player too early at pick #18. It's frustrating to see how the elite GMs handle the draft year after year.

How do you know that is what happened? Maybe the evaluated all the safeties and had Reid ranked in the top 10 of all players and found it a great value to move up for him? How do you know that he would have been there at 31? How do you know that Cyprien or Elam would be as good or fit in the scheme the 49ers run.

It is clear to me that they made a calculated decision to move up and take him before Elam and Cyprien. They really wanted Reid and they moved up and got him. They did not panic, it was a cool and rational decision.

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Roman is the ONLY reason why I'm mildly optimistic about VM, so when he departs, probably this next offseason, I could see myself not liking it even more because it's going to be very difficult to get someone like a Roman back in my opinion.

Roman Sees McDonald in Multiple Roles

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Cardinals are trying to trade Brian Hoyer, too, according to Ian Rapoport.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Roman is the ONLY reason why I'm mildly optimistic about VM, so when he departs, probably this next offseason, I could see myself not liking it even more because it's going to be very difficult to get someone like a Roman back in my opinion.

Roman Sees McDonald in Multiple Roles

Good stuff! Again, Vernon's presence makes this kid a nightmarish situation for a defense to contend with. He's not as fast as Delanie, but he is fast enough. He's our Jason Whitten without the soft hands. Watching Delanie these past couple years, it's hard for me to imagine that there's a player out there with equally bad hands. I'm not totally buying into that. At least not yet. Vernon was labeled to have bad hands when he entered the league, but he worked at it. Hopefully Vance can learn how to execute the Vernon Davis trademark "jump-catch" so that he would not end up dropping passes.

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Jeremiah Daniel hears there will be a run on safeties in the 4th round.

Hangman

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,152.62
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lets goooo!!!! Continue the good work Baalke

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Trade!!! Philly's pick now

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Good stuff! Again, Vernon's presence makes this kid a nightmarish situation for a defense to contend with. He's not as fast as Delanie, but he is fast enough. He's our Jason Whitten without the soft hands. Watching Delanie these past couple years, it's hard for me to imagine that there's a player out there with equally bad hands. I'm not totally buying into that. At least not yet. Vernon was labeled to have bad hands when he entered the league, but he worked at it. Hopefully Vance can learn how to execute the Vernon Davis trademark "jump-catch" so that he would not end up dropping passes.

I don't think he'll immediately be close to Jason Witten in the run or pass blocking game that Witten was a few years ago before he started to fall off. MAYBE in time with some physical and mental development, but we'll see. I'm not incredibly optimistic.

shouldakepowens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Four tradable picks I expect more movement