• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2013 NFL Draft Baalke Bash quarto round attraverso sette

Hangman

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,152.62
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Positives

Patton has good height and a sturdy frame, which allows him to absorb punishment and fight through injuries to stay on the field. He displays the natural hands to snag balls outside of his frame and has a solid radius for a player his size. He is a savvy route runner that uses an excellent combination of foot quickness, explosion and physicality to run precise lines and consistently create separation. Against off coverage he eats up the gap quickly and does an excellent job of disguising his routes with subtle fakes before his cuts. He is an aggressive, instinctual runner after the catch and while not physically dominant, he is a competent blocker because of his consistent effort.
Negatives

Patton has good timed speed as well as short area quickness and burst, but he lacks the long speed to consistently separate or run away from defenders down-field. He lacks the length and strength to consistently win contested balls, as defenders are able to reach around an break up passes when able to stay on his hip. While he displays natural hands, at times he turns his focus upfield before securing the catch and drops easy balls.
Analysis

Quinton Patton was a fun receiver to evaluate because he is such a polished route runner with the burst and quickness needed to consistently create separation against all types of coverage. He makes very subtle fakes against man coverage, and commits to his pivot step on his break which allows him to explode into his route. He possesses quite hands and consistently catches the ball away from his frame, but will at times lose focus and drop easy balls and does not have the hand strength to consistently win 50/50 balls. His top end speed makes him a solid threat after the catch but he isn't a threat to simply run away from defenders down-field. While some teams will gamble early on with more dynamic homerun threats at the position, whichever team selects Patton will be getting a dependable #2 WR that is ready to step in and produce immediately at the NFL level.
Grading System

Read More: 2013 NFL Draft - SI.com

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Dude, if they don't do something to talk about the Niners' pick/s when they make their next one, I'm just going to turn off NFL network.

badazzk9

Key Master
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was Hoping it was Da'Rick Rodgers.. like his measurable and ability.

Yadahell

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Patton. Some of you guys love this guy, why?
I would of rather had Rogers

Just think he is solid all the way around and killed it during Senior Bowl practices.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Okay pick. Not ecstatic about it. Wish it were another receiver on the board. He's sneaky enough and can make the tough catches, so I'm okay with it to some extent:

Last edited by a moderator:

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
I'm not expecting much from Patton as a rookie; WR position is pretty crowded.

Hangman

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,152.62
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Quinton Patton

WR
Senior
6-0, 204 lbs
Louisiana Tech

Scouts Grade82
Position Rank7
Overall Rank57
Arm Length32-3/4"
Hand Size9-1/4"
40-YD Dash4.5
ConferenceWAC

1 = Exceptional2 = Above average3 = Average4 = Below average5 = Marginal

Production 2 2008: Coffeyville Community College redshirted Patton. 2009: (9)-23-309-13.4-3 *CCC2010: (10)-50-687-13.7- 4 *CCC 2011: (13/13) -79-1,202- 15.2-112012: (11/11)-104-1,392-13.4-13

Height-Weight-Speed 3 Above average blend of height and weight. Top-end speed is above-average but not in the upper echelon level. Average arm length (32.2) and hand size (9.1) for a receiver prospect.

Durability 2 Injured ankle in the second quarter of the 2011 New Mexico State but hasn't sustained any significant injuries to the best of our knowledge.

Intangibles 2 Son of Darlene Patton. Born August 9, 1990. 2012 team captain. Transferred from Coffeyville Community College to Louisiana Tech in 2011. Punted at the community college level. Made national news for giving one of his bowl gifts ($300 gift card to Best Buy) to one of the kids from the Make-A-Wish Foundation during the team's Make-A-Wish event in San Diego. Nicknamed the General.

Separation Skills 2 Not a quick twitch athlete but still quick and can shake corners at the top of stem. Fluid and sets up breaks well. Puts safeties in conflict with head fakes when lines up in slot and challenges downfield. Needs to get stronger and pushed around at times but above average hand fighter that makes it tough for defensive backs to grab him and can generate separation with subtle push offs. Zone buster that excels at exploiting pockets.

Ball Skills 2 Admittedly too many drops in the 2012 Utah State game and doesn't catch the ball in traffic well in that game but uncharacteristic performance. Showed above average ball skills overs the course of six-game evaluation. Catches the ball in stride. Extends arm and snatches ball out of the air on passes thrown above head. Tracks the ball and shows above average concentration looking it in. Above average body control and does a nice job of adjusting to back shoulder passes. Can get low and scoop shoe-top passes.

Big play ability 3 Has enough speed challenge and compete for 50-50 balls downfield but not going to run by NFL corners and doesn't have the second gear to take the top off the coverage when doesn't get a clean release. Above average instincts and vision after the catch. Can plant foot in the ground and make the first defender miss. Doesn't have the second gear to run away from NFL pursuit when gets a seam either.

Competitiveness 3 Flashes the ability to make plays over the middle but can take eyes off ball to locate safeties. Appears to struggle when corners get physical with him. Runs hard and flashes effective stiff arm after catch. Tries to do too much at times. Doesn't show great strength when blocking but works to sustain.

NinersFan80

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was Hoping it was Da'Rick Rodgers.. like his measurable and ability.

Same. But if guys on this board like Patton a lot I will have to trust them. They study this stuff way more then I do

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Good value pick, but I'm not crazy about it. Would rather bolster other spots than add another decent player to a position with lots of good but little great on our roster.

Hangman

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,152.62
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Patton was the best route runner in the draft. That will help him get open all the time.

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Ehhh, I don't really like it. ALOT of analysts are going to like that one. I hate wasted picks on running backs and wide receivers because it's so hard to do anything with them outside of special teams and that one is just blah to me!

High character kid (more on that later). He's another guy that needs to work on his hands. Doesn't separate off the line or down the field very well either.

Dodub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
McShay had Patton as a 2nd round grade.

Hangman

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,152.62
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
9ers on the clock again

Dodub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here is another pick for us

yehyeh

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I think McShay just gizzed his pants talking about the Niners draft so far! Love it!

Dodub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kiper also had a 2nd round grade on Patton. Sounds like everyone agrees that we just absolutely stole with this pick.

Yadahell

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude, if they don't do something to talk about the Niners' pick/s when they make their next one, I'm just going to turn off NFL network.

Yeah I just switched back to ESPN2 and they had a thing on Patton remarked how the Niners are killing this draft!!

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Speaking of high character guys CP, Urban Meyer said John Simon was the kind of character guy the likes of which he's only had like 2 or 3 in his entire career (I'm sure another one was Tim Tebow).

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
McShay had Patton as a 2nd round grade.

A lot of people had him in the 2nd-3rd. He'd have been a much better fit in Denver, New England, Atlanta, or St. Louis.