• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2013 First Round Mock w/ Trades 2.0

4lifer9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
NFL DRAFT 2013​

First round w/ trades--Have made some(many) adjustments since the last mock a cpl weeks ago, let me know what thoughts are. Thanks!

1. Kansas City Chiefs: Luke Joeckel, LT TX A&M
2. Jacksonville Jaguars: Dion Jordan, DE ORE
3. Oakland Raiders: Eric Fisher, LT CMU
4. Philadelphia Eagles: Geno Smith, QB WVU
5. Detroit Lions: Dee Milliner, CB ALA
6. San Diego Chargers: Lane Johnson, LT OK
7. Arizona Cardinals: Ezekial Ansah, DE/OLB BYU
8. Buffalo Bills: Cordarelle Patterson, WR TENN
9. New York Jets: Desmond Trufant, CB UW
10. Tennessee Titans: Star Lotulelei, DT Utah
11. Cleveland Browns: Shariff Floyd, DT FLA
12. Miami Dolphins: Johnathan Cooper, G UNC
13. New York Jets: Barkevous Mingo, DE/OLB LSU
14. Dallas Cowboys: Kenny Vaccaro, S Texas
15. New Orleans Saints: Jarvis Jones, OLB UGA
16. St. Louis Rams: Chance Warmack, G ALA
17. Pittsburgh Steelers: Tavon Austin, WR WVU
18. Carolina Panthers: Sheldon Richardson, DT Mizzou
19. Houston Texans: Justin Hunter, WR Tenn
20. Chicago Bears: Alec Ogletree, ILB UGA
21. Cincinnati Bengals: DJ Fluker, OT BAMA
22. St. Louis Rams: DeAndre Hopkins, WR Clem
23. Minnesota Vikings: Keenan Allen, WR Cal
24. Indianapolis Colts: Sylvester Williams, DT UNC
25. Atlanta Falcons: Tyler Eifert, TE ND
26. Buffalo Bills: EJ Manuel, QB FSU
27. New York Giants: Bjoern Warner, DE FSU
28. Denver Broncos: Tank Carradine, OLB FSU
29. San Francisco 49ers: Datone Jones, DE UCLA
30. Minnesota Vikings: Jamar Taylor, CB Boise St
31. New England Patriots: Jonathan Cyprien, S FIU
32. New York Jets: Eddie Lacy, RB ALA

Trades:
---NYJ trades Darrell Revis to Tampa Bay for the 13th ovr pick and a 2nd round pick in 2014
---San Diego trades 11th ovr, 45th ovr with Cleveland in exchange for 6th ovr, 104th ovr
---Buffalo trades 41st ovr and 1st round in 2014 to Green Bay in exchange for the 26th ovr and a 3rd round in 2014
---Dallas trades 18th ovr, 80th ovr, and a 2014 6th round pick with Carolina in exchange for 14th overall and 7th round pick in 2014
---Houston trades 27th ovr, 89th ovr, and a 2014 3rd round pick with New York Giants in exchange for 19th overall
---Atlanta trades 30th ovr pick, 92nd ovr with Minnesota in exchange for 25th ovr and a 4th round in 2014
---New York Jets trade 39th ovr and 2nd round in 2014 with Baltimore in exchange for the 32nd ovr
---San Francisco trades 31st ovr and 3rd round in 2014 with NE in exchange for the 29th ovr pick

Rathman44

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
a 3rd rounder to move up from 31 to 29? I don't like that at all. I do like Datone Jones, but I'd just stay put and take Cyprien if Jones was taken 1 or 2 picks ahead of us, rather than give up a 3rd.

You can get a pretty solid prospect in the 3rd in this draft and I wouldn't give that up to just move up 2 spots.

That being said, you never know with Baalke...his style is to target specific guys and trade to ensure that he gets his guy (Anthony Davis, Kaep, etc). I think he'll be especially aggressive in this draft because I've always had the feeling that he struck out on trading up to get his guy last year... then he failed to trade out of his first round spot thus forcing him to select his highest rated WR, who wasn't necessarily great value at that spot. Just a hunch based on the reactions on last year's draft room live stream...

4lifer9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
a 3rd rounder to move up from 31 to 29? I don't like that at all. I do like Datone Jones, but I'd just stay put and take Cyprien if Jones was taken 1 or 2 picks ahead of us, rather than give up a 3rd.

You can get a pretty solid prospect in the 3rd in this draft and I wouldn't give that up to just move up 2 spots.

That being said, you never know with Baalke...his style is to target specific guys and trade to ensure that he gets his guy (Anthony Davis, Kaep, etc). I think he'll be especially aggressive in this draft because I've always had the feeling that he struck out on trading up to get his guy last year... then he failed to trade out of his first round spot thus forcing him to select his highest rated WR, who wasn't necessarily great value at that spot. Just a hunch based on the reactions on last year's draft room live stream...

3rd rounder in 2014, not this year.. if it was this year, that'd put us near the early 20's

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Don't like the trade at all. Why give up 2014 picks when we've got so many this year? And why move up two spots for a guy who, if he makes it to 29, is very likely to make it to us? I'm ok with drafting Jones in the first or early second. Not ok with moving up for him.

USCDoom

Death On Black Wings
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont think the Bucs will trade their 1st for revis. Why?
Though I love giving up a 2014 2nd rather than 2013 3rd and 5th. IMO 2013 3rd is worth more than 2014 2nd.

If I was the Bucs I stand pat. We have the best young talent in the league and the best Salary Cap situation in the league. Why ruin that?

4lifer9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Don't like the trade at all. Why give up 2014 picks when we've got so many this year? And why move up two spots for a guy who, if he makes it to 29, is very likely to make it to us? I'm ok with drafting Jones in the first or early second. Not ok with moving up for him.

Well I would have loved to give up picks this year, but thought either of the 3rds would be too high and in the 4th I left them alone to give us the best chance to select Lattimore. Unless we go after him with our second pick in the 3rd which is 92 or something like that, which I would not be against at all.

in regards to moving two spots, I would be highly surprised to see Jones make it past Minny if they trade back to 30 and he is still there. I even had them taking Jones at 25 before the move back. My reasoning for the small trade up is that while it is a third round pick, I think they would clearly value a player that (imo) can be a dominant force at the DE position for the next ten years and take over for Justin Smith. Just to finish off the 9er mock, it would probably go something like:

29th-Datone Jones
34th-Darius Slay
61st-Eric Reid
74th-Brandon Williams
92(or whatever it is)-Marcus Lattimore
earlier 4th--Tyrann Mathieu
later 4th-BPA

4lifer9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Though I love giving up a 2014 2nd rather than 2013 3rd and 5th. IMO 2013 3rd is worth more than 2014 2nd.

If I was the Bucs I stand pat. We have the best young talent in the league and the best Salary Cap situation in the league. Why ruin that?

my first mock I had yall playing hardball and moving your 2nd rounder this year and first next year.. but over the last cpl weeks it looks like the first will be moved.

USCDoom

Death On Black Wings
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wait a Second, Where in the Heck is Xavier Rhodes?

Edit - I think Trufant is better, but Rhodes will be picked in the 1st. IMO no way he falls past Atlanta.

Last edited by a moderator:

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Well I would have loved to give up picks this year, but thought either of the 3rds would be too high and in the 4th I left them alone to give us the best chance to select Lattimore. Unless we go after him with our second pick in the 3rd which is 92 or something like that, which I would not be against at all.

in regards to moving two spots, I would be highly surprised to see Jones make it past Minny if they trade back to 30 and he is still there. I even had them taking Jones at 25 before the move back. My reasoning for the small trade up is that while it is a third round pick, I think they would clearly value a player that (imo) can be a dominant force at the DE position for the next ten years and take over for Justin Smith. Just to finish off the 9er mock, it would probably go something like:

29th-Datone Jones
34th-Darius Slay
61st-Eric Reid
74th-Brandon Williams
92(or whatever it is)-Marcus Lattimore
earlier 4th--Tyrann Mathieu
later 4th-BPA

I wouldn't hold off trading a 4th, and instead trading a pretty good pick next year, in the hope that a particular player will be there at that spot. Our priority in the first should be on making the best move we can, not planning for later picks. If we like a guy enough to move up, do it for as little as we can. Don't worry about who will be available in the 4th until we get into the late-3rd.

As far as the Vikes taking Jones, I think he profiles as a DE in a 4-3. I'd be surprised if that's their move given other glaring holes, but I suppose it's possible.

4lifer9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Wait a Second, Where in the Heck is Xavier Rhodes?

Edit - I think Trufant is better, but Rhodes will be picked in the 1st. IMO no way he falls past Atlanta.

ahh.. I knew there was someone missing.. Last time it was Shariff Floyd.. Always one.. damn, lol

yea he is a first rounder.. I will figure out a spot for him.

4lifer9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
I wouldn't hold off trading a 4th, and instead trading a pretty good pick next year, in the hope that a particular player will be there at that spot. Our priority in the first should be on making the best move we can, not planning for later picks. If we like a guy enough to move up, do it for as little as we can. Don't worry about who will be available in the 4th until we get into the late-3rd.

As far as the Vikes taking Jones, I think he profiles as a DE in a 4-3. I'd be surprised if that's their move given other glaring holes, but I suppose it's possible.

Well hopefully it's the last pick in the 3rd next year in a draft where the depth is unknown, versus a draft this year in which the middle rounds 2-4 are supposedly deep. Esp with us hopefully getting Tyrann Mathieu in the tradeable 4th round pick slot

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

Wait, what??? I admittedly didn't follow the Bucs all that closely last year, but the best young talent in the league? That seems like a tiny bit of a stretch. Hell, I'm not sure you have more young talent than the Niners, and the Niners aren't a particularly young team.

The Bucs' offense is not young. The OL has three 30-year-olds and a 28-year-old. Vincent Jackson is 30. Freeman bounced back a bit last year but still wouldn't be considered in the top-10 at QB, and very likely not in the top half. So Martin is basically the young talent on offense. The D is young, but they were also bad last year. The rushing D has some promise despite allowing quite a few rushing TDs, and the DBs are improved but still shaky. TB can get back in the mix, but at this point there are several other "young" teams I'd take ahead of them, starting with the Hawks.

4lifer9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
....and my thread has been hi-jacked.. lol j/k..

yea I don't know about that one there..