• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2013 backup

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Sanchez will be a starter somewhere. If he played in SF, Harbaugh could get that guy to ball IMO. So if the Niners win the SB this year, I wouldn't want him as a backup (because he's worth starter money, and he'll get it somewhere). If they don't, I'd be open to taking Sanchez to compete for the starting jorb.

More realistically, I want Tyler Bray as the backup next year.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bray has the mind of Britney Spears.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Bray has the mind of Britney Spears.

I've heard, and that's why I like him. It'll push him further down the draft board. Plus the fact that he had a disappointing season will push him down ever further. I'm not talking about trading up into the top 10 for the guy...

I'm looking at him as a buy-low kind of pick who won't have to actually play for at least a couple of seasons. If Alex (when) Alex is gone next year, I want the Niners to draft another QB who has the POTENTIAL to be an elite guy in the NFL. Bray has that potential. Realistically, I see him being a Joe Flacco kind of QB. However, he could be a Peyton Manning / Eli Manning type of QB if he reaches his potential.

Dodub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed. I think Harbaugh/Roman and this supporting cast can turn Mark Sanchez into another Alex Smith.

I'm sure the Jets would love to have Alex Smith right now........

You are also acting as if Alex has made no progress under Harbaugh and Roman, the guy was a complete waste a couple years ago now he is a highly efficient QB. Sure he doesn't go downfield very often and that part of his game still needs work but he is twice the QB that he was only a couple years ago.

Dodub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You mean Tony Sparano wasn't the answer for Sanchez? Talk about a dude that keeps getting hired for I don't know what reason.

Agreed, I'm not a huge fan of this guy.

tallglassofwater007

Large Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am a bit bias, but I would like to see that. He is a California kid anyway, so bring him back. I think the change of place and not to mention the change of coach would be good for him. Since he got into the NFL, he has played like a kid trying not to get yelled at by his dad. Because his coach was always quick to put him down. You get a guy like Harbaugh to mentor him, and I think he would be a great fit. I think Harbaugh is so good with QB's because he was one himself. And not just a regular QB, he had the coach that did nothing but ride him (Ditka) and he was never a great one, just pretty good. He got replaced by the big time rookie and was soooo close to playing in that Superbowl.

I would be OK with the 2-3 per that you mentioned originally. The one thing he has shown is that when they were in the playoffs when the games counted the most, is when he played his best and made the best decisions. There were glimmers mixed in there with the running into your own guys ass and fumblings...

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nothing.

Hopefully the days of Harbaugh running a QB rescue program are over, now it's time to see if he can groom a Super Bowl winning QB and if so... how many SB's he can win.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sure the Jets would love to have Alex Smith right now........

You are also acting as if Alex has made no progress under Harbaugh and Roman, the guy was a complete waste a couple years ago now he is a highly efficient QB. Sure he doesn't go downfield very often and that part of his game still needs work but he is twice the QB that he was only a couple years ago.

Alex Smith behind the Jets' horrible OL, with no running game, and no WRs? Yhea, I'm sure they would.

And when did I said Smith made no improvements under Harbaugh/Roman? How did you even draw that conclusion from my post?

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sanchez will be a starter somewhere. If he played in SF, Harbaugh could get that guy to ball IMO. So if the Niners win the SB this year, I wouldn't want him as a backup (because he's worth starter money, and he'll get it somewhere). If they don't, I'd be open to taking Sanchez to compete for the starting jorb.

More realistically, I want Tyler Bray as the backup next year.

harbaugh isn't that good...

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
i just don't think dirty sanchez is all that good.

I do. He, like Jay Cutler, is screwed from the get go. No help on offense.

If either Cutler or Sanchez were in Atlanta, SF, New Orleans or Denver or Houston they would be playing near all-pro level IMO.