• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2013 backup

imac_21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
How much would you be willing to pay Mark Sanchez to be our backup QB next year?

I ask this because it would be interesting to see what the Harbaugh/Roman/Crist trip could do with him, not because I think he's a quality QB.

I think I'd be willing to do something in the 2-3 year, 2-3M per range.

EKmane

Mr. Wit The $h!t
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd stick with Tolzien, I think he could bring (atleast) what Sanchez has shown over his career.

h0ckeysk83r

Haters gonna hate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Tolzien too.

Someone else brought it up and I like it too. But Josh Johnson would be another good guy to bring in again

imac_21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Guys, the question wasn't who do you want, it was how much would you pay Sanchez.

Kinzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even if he was paying us to let him sit on the bench it would still be overpaying.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My I take this opportunity to remind everyone that Mark Sanchez "led" the Jets to two AFCCG.

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My I take this opportunity to remind everyone that Mark Sanchez "led" the Jets to two AFCCG.

You're right! That is an excellent point and it should be considered - I'll up my offer to one egg roll.

1911Alaska

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Zero also. To big name of a QB and is kind of a joke around the league, would be a distraction for the team. Plus same situation with keeping Alex Smith. What if Kap is the starter and has a bad game? Do you really wanna be hearing about a "Sanchez vs Kap" controversy?

I am happy with Tolzien or Johnson as well.

imac_21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Zero also. To big name of a QB and is kind of a joke around the league, would be a distraction for the team. Plus same situation with keeping Alex Smith. What if Kap is the starter and has a bad game? Do you really wanna be hearing about a "Sanchez vs Kap" controversy?

I am happy with Tolzien or Johnson as well.

Nobody would be calling for Sanchez to start. Let's be real.

Johnson I'm not big on. He apparently wasn't all that close to making the cut this year.

Tolzien, meh, I'd like to have someone with a little more experience in case Kaep gets injured. Ideally I'd like Smith, but that's just not going to happen.

So the question becomes who? We have a QB "guru" for a HC and an offensive staff that is very good at maximizing QB's talents.

So, who is comfortable with Tolzien at QB for a few games? If you're not, who would you want at QB2 that is likely to be available?

shouldakepowens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Johnson I'm not big on. He apparently wasn't all that close to making the cut this year.

Tolzien, meh, I'd like to have someone with a little more experience in case Kaep gets injured. Ideally I'd like Smith, but that's just not going to happen.

So the question becomes who? We have a QB "guru" for a HC and an offensive staff that is very good at maximizing QB's talents.

So, who is comfortable with Tolzien at QB for a few games? If you're not, who would you want at QB2 that is likely to be available?

Tebow:tape2:

shouldakepowens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sorry for that now the thread will get all crazy

Dodub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually think Sanchez would have developed much better as a QB if he had someone like Harbaugh to tutor him. Not saying he would be Manning or anything but I certainly don't think he would be the guy he is today.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually think Sanchez would have developed much better as a QB if he had someone like Harbaugh to tutor him. Not saying he would be Manning or anything but I certainly don't think he would be the guy he is today.

Agreed. I think Harbaugh/Roman and this supporting cast can turn Mark Sanchez into another Alex Smith.

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

I've always been intrigued by Drew Stanton.

Matt Moore is a popular name I could get behind, but may be too much, among other things.

If Matt Leinart's background checks out ok, I've always wondered if a top shelf mind could help resurrect his career.

Pete Carroll has insisted that the Seahawks don't mind paying Matt Flynn that much to be a backup, but if they did decide to dump his salary, I'd be all over him above anybody else I've seen mentioned. I've seen a few people, like Chris Steuber, suggest they may not want to pay him next year so I thought I could add him.

I do like Tolzien, too, but it would be a little scary right now rolling with him for a period of time.

Kinzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed. I think Harbaugh/Roman and this supporting cast can turn Mark Sanchez into another Alex Smith.

One big problem with that statement though. Alex has shown progress in each season since being drafted. It might be minor improvements but still he has got a little better each year.

Sanchez on the other hand came into the league and led the Jets to 2 AFC Title games. What has he done since then? Decline, Decline, Decline.... He has shown next to no improvement every year he has been in the league.

That tells me Alex wanted to improve and was willing to work at it, and that is why he can be successful with someone like Harbaugh behind him. Does Sanchez have that same mentality though? I don't think he has shown it if he does.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You mean Tony Sparano wasn't the answer for Sanchez? Talk about a dude that keeps getting hired for I don't know what reason.