• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2013-2014 Emmys / 66th Primetime Emmy Awards

Tharvot

Crusader for Truthiness
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't see them last night. Browsed the winners and it looks like Breaking Bad won just about every possible award, to no one's surprise at all.

Who are the favorites going in to next season now that BB is done? Have to think 'Thrones is right up there in Best Drama category. Should that show win, I think it would be the first fantasy show to win a best drama series award.

{+}Mother-Marge{+}

Hoopla Cash
$ 50.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i never watch it,.....but i wished i saw the ~IN-MEMORIAM~ with robin Williams and others who've passed-away,...i did see it today on-line, along with that song ~Smile~,....*i can never smile when that song get's played*.

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought it was nice tribute for Williams having Billy Crystal do it.

Breaking Bad deserved everything it got IMO. One of the best shows ever.

I wonder if The Walking Dead will ever get some Emmy love. I believe it is the highest rated show on television, both network and cable.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Justified is the best series on television in my opinion. It deserves Emmy consideration.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Strain is the best new series on television.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't see them last night. Browsed the winners and it looks like Breaking Bad won just about every possible award, to no one's surprise at all.

Who are the favorites going in to next season now that BB is done? Have to think 'Thrones is right up there in Best Drama category. Should that show win, I think it would be the first fantasy show to win a best drama series award.

Breaking Bad deserved to win. It's final season was fantastic. With it out of the way, my guess is the awards will go to Mad Men, which will also be in its last season. All I know is they damn well better give Jon Hamm an Emmy for leading actor. It is absolutely criminal he's never won for playing Don Draper.

They really need to stop giving awards to Jim Parsons and Modern Family though. Parsons is not great, certainly not worth the awards he has. And Modern Family has slipped. There's a lot more comedy shows that deserve recognition but the Emmys are really lazy when it comes to these types of categories. They pick one show or person they like and just keep giving them the awards no matter what.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought it was nice tribute for Williams having Billy Crystal do it.

Breaking Bad deserved everything it got IMO. One of the best shows ever.

I wonder if The Walking Dead will ever get some Emmy love. I believe it is the highest rated show on television, both network and cable.

No chance the walking dead ever gets a nomination lol.

I think game of thrones and mad men look to reap the benefits of no BB next year.

Hamm should be a lock and the dwarf on games is sitting pretty.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I liked Breaking Bad and I like Aaron Paul but he's not on the same level as Peter Dinklage. My problem with these award shows are, the mindset was "let's give this one to Aaron, we can always give Peter the Emmy next season". People that did very well should still lose if they were not the best.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I liked Breaking Bad and I like Aaron Paul but he's not on the same level as Peter Dinklage. My problem with these award shows are, the mindset was "let's give this one to Aaron, we can always give Peter the Emmy next season". People that did very well should still lose if they were not the best.

You are right. Paul is at least 1 level up, maybe two.