• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2012 Virginia Tech Commitment List

VT_Football_Fan

Be strong.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've actually heard that too... but obviously the only evidence would be in their possession.

Ballboy534

Resident Rehabilitator
Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've actually heard that too... but obviously the only evidence would be in their possession.

True or not (for both), I think we'll hold onto the 2011 ACC Trophy and take our lumps for the Orange Bowl Massacre :thumb:

Ballboy534

Resident Rehabilitator
Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do love a good conspiracy theory though; anybody have any concrete ties between the coaching staffs/grad assistants/equipment managers etc. of Clemson-VT and Clemson-WVU? :think:

VT_Football_Fan

Be strong.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep but you know no names will be thrown out willy nilly. But theres one in particular.

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
I do love a good conspiracy theory though; anybody have any concrete ties between the coaching staffs/grad assistants/equipment managers etc. of Clemson-VT and Clemson-WVU? :think:

I had a theory. Its aaround here somewhere :think:

MattB4VT

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not that wvu had clemsons play book. Clemson just went down there and didn't give a shit. Weren't ready to play a big game like that. In past years, I've felt like our players just got to the beach and the coaches didn't have them ready to play. And that's with our staff. Imagine dabo....

TagAndBrag

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
It's not that wvu had clemsons play book. Clemson just went down there and didn't give a shit. Weren't ready to play a big game like that. In past years, I've felt like our players just got to the beach and the coaches didn't have them ready to play. And that's with our staff. Imagine dabo....

I agree, with one big exception. I don't think the game was too big for them... I think the game wasn't big enough. They beat us twice, won the ACC, and we got a better bowl against a better opponent. I'd have been pissed, too.

MattB4VT

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Or dabo got all smug bc they hadnt won in 20 years, and wvu isnt very good, so they figured they would just smash them. We lost to Kansas in the OB a few years back bc we were just dicking around down there instead of preparing.

Ballboy534

Resident Rehabilitator
Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree, with one big exception. I don't think the game was too big for them... I think the game wasn't big enough. They beat us twice, won the ACC, and we got a better bowl against a better opponent. I'd have been pissed, too.

Or dabo got all smug bc they hadnt won in 20 years, and wvu isnt very good, so they figured they would just smash them. We lost to Kansas in the OB a few years back bc we were just dicking around down there instead of preparing.

If anything, it was a little of the former and a whole lot of "oh shit man, I thought Ellington broke the plane!" After the 99 yard strip and score, the team gave up. Talked to one of the senior OL the day after and he said that some of the guys just looked defeated after that play. Pretty obvious that the effort level was squat after that play too...

Ballboy534

Resident Rehabilitator
Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Regardless, the ACC has got to start winning high profile bowl games, end of story.

Ballboy534

Resident Rehabilitator
Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Smartest thing you've said in this discussion. On this we agree.

No sir, pretty sure you took the cake with this little gem right here:
Assuming VT changes their offensive playbook enough from the one that Clemson seems to be in possession of, and changes their signals, I'm sure they'll do just fine

Last edited by a moderator:

VTscores

Observer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Clemson seemed just a little too good at guessing what the VT offensive plays were, including which side they were going with the ball.

Maybe they were just really lucky, or maybe it was more than luck.

Ballboy534

Resident Rehabilitator
Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Clemson seemed just a little too good at guessing what the VT offensive plays were, including which side they were going with the ball.

Maybe they were just really lucky, or maybe it was more than luck.

... or you could be out of excuses and blatantly refusing to admit that your butts got absolutely handed to you. Twice. :rolleyes2:

VTscores

Observer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
... or you could be out of excuses and blatantly refusing to admit that your butts got absolutely handed to you. Twice. :rolleyes2:

Oh, I admit that. The only question is how.

I'll also admit Clemson go their butts handed to them by WVa, which supports this theory.

Ballboy534

Resident Rehabilitator
Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, I admit that. The only question is how.
Stagnant offensive play calling?

I'll also admit Clemson go their butts handed to them by WVa, which supports this theory.

That's even easier; after Ellington was stripped at the 1/2 inch line and the fumble was returned 99 yards, Clemson literally gave up... :tsk: