• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2012 Opening Day Lineup

uclabruin094

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
In no way am I giving up on the season. But just thinking about everyone on the DL, it is kind of exciting to think about what we could do at full strength. The way I see it (with a couple good breaks in FA), this is how it will pan out.

1- CF Ross (Maybe even Brown if we feel he is ready)
2- 2B Sanchez
3- LF Beltran (Hope we can treat him how Cardinals treated Holliday)
4- 3B Panda
5- C Posey
6- SS Keppinger
7- 1B Belt
8- RF Nate
9- P

If we had this lineup this year, I can't imagine how much better we could be. But we still have a playoff run to make. Can't wait to see what the future holds for us.

SFAnthem

Brain dead Hacker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In no way am I giving up on the season. But just thinking about everyone on the DL, it is kind of exciting to think about what we could do at full strength. The way I see it (with a couple good breaks in FA), this is how it will pan out.

2- 2B Sanchez
4- 3B Panda
5- C Posey
6- SS Keppinger
7- 1B Belt
8- RF Nate
9- P

If we had this lineup this year, I can't imagine how much better we could be. But we still have a playoff run to make. Can't wait to see what the future holds for us.

I wouldn't mind seeing Stamos in there at SS if he's hitting out of spring. Haven't seen Kepp at SS to see if he has the range. Kepp's a solid contact hitter, though

ColinCoby

"Duff Man…Oh Yeah!"
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,351.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we'll see Craw at SS to start the year, assuming he makes progress in Fresno. I would love to see Kepp around to be the supersub.

Gotta get a leadoff hitter. Unfortunately, the only free agent choices are: Furcal, Jose Reyes, and Crisp.

It will be interesting to see what happens with Beltran. Certainly doesn't help him (or Reyes) to get a big contract when they can't stay healthy down the stretch.

TKellion

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
1-CF-Brown
2-2b-Sanchez
3-3B-Sandoval
4-C-Posey
5-RF-Schierholtz
6-1B-Huff
7-LF-Belt
8-SS-Crawford
We bring in no FAs they replace ours with rookies and spend the money on Lincecum,Cain and Vogelsong.Rowand,Derosa,Fontenot,Burrell,Torres and Ross are all gone.More rookies brought up to fill out bench.Ford,Gillaspie,Pill,Sanchez and Peguero.:doh:

the_broom

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

2- 2B Sanchez
4- 3B Panda
5- C Posey
6- SS Keppinger
7- 1B Belt
8- RF Nate
9- P

I don't see the Giants bringing back Ross unless he is on fire the rest of the year. I doubt Beltran will be here unless he takes a huge discount or a short contract. Keppinger has little range at 2nd...he is an backup SS at best. Huff will be at 1st...Belt in LF. I'd love to see Brown make the club but I think he's another year away. Crawford will be given the chance to be the regular SS if he can hit Sandoval's weight...

mistgl

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Guys, one season of A ball does not make one a ML ready player, you know this.

Brown will not be our starting center fielder next year, period. He wont even be a September call up this year.

That being said,

CF-Coco
2B-Franchez
3B-Panda
C-Posey
1B-Huff
RF-Nate
LF-Belt if he continues to develop.
SS- Scutaro/Crawford/AGon/ who/e they can get to sign a 1 year deal.

CameronFrye

Certifiable A-hole
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

Brown will not be our starting center fielder next year, period. He wont even be a September call up this year.

That being said,

CF-Coco
2B-Franchez
3B-Panda
C-Posey
1B-Huff
RF-Nate

+1 on the whole post, but especially the bolded section.

The only thing that lineup lacks is a legit 25-hr guy. But if Panda stays healthy and if Posey comes back at 100% and if Huff has a season that is even halfway between 2010 and the stinker he's pulled this year, that lineup will be plenty good enough to get the Giants back to the post-season.

I really like Coco in CF and batting leadoff.

Last edited by a moderator:

gp956

The Hammer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Here's my stab at it.

SS B. Crawford
2B F. Sanchez
RF C. Beltran
3B P. Sandoval
C. B. Posey
1B A. Huff
CF N. Schierholtz
LF. B. Belt

SFGRTB

Superstitious Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That being said,

CF-Coco
2B-Franchez
3B-Panda
C-Posey
1B-Huff
RF-Nate

+2 No way in hell Brown is starting by next year. He may be lucky to be called up in September next year. He's a college bat that has not advanced through the minors like our other college bats (Posey, Belt, Crawford), which worries me a bit. He needs something to work on obviously.

Ross is gone after this year, unless he takes a decent pay cut (which I doubt). But I do think Beltran will return.

Stamos should get the chance to be the starter, Tejada and O-Crap wont return. Kepp will be a utility player and very valuable if (when) Sanchez hurt himself.

Burrell, DeRosa, Tejada, Cabrera, Whiteside, Ross, Mota, Fontenot all gone.

CF- I really want Span, but possibly Nate or Torres.
2B- Sanchez
3B-Sandoval
RF-Beltran
C-Posey
1B-Huff
LF-Belt
SS-Crawford
P-Lincecum

Badger8843

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's my stab at it.

SS B. Crawford
2B F. Sanchez
RF C. Beltran
3B P. Sandoval
C. B. Posey
1B A. Huff
CF N. Schierholtz
LF. B. Belt

Like this one but I think Kepp starts over Crawford at SS

mistgl

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
+2 No way in hell Brown is starting by next year. He may be lucky to be called up in September next year. He's a college bat that has not advanced through the minors like our other college bats (Posey, Belt, Crawford), which worries me a bit. He needs something to work on obviously.

Ross is gone after this year, unless he takes a decent pay cut (which I doubt). But I do think Beltran will return.

Stamos should get the chance to be the starter, Tejada and O-Crap wont return. Kepp will be a utility player and very valuable if (when) Sanchez hurt himself.

Burrell, DeRosa, Tejada, Cabrera, Whiteside, Ross, Mota, Fontenot all gone.

CF- I really want Span, but possibly Nate or Torres.
2B- Sanchez
3B-Sandoval
RF-Beltran
C-Posey
1B-Huff
LF-Belt
SS-Crawford
P-Lincecum

Brown has not advanced because of his D. It's not awful, but he needs to take better routes to the ball, especially in CF.

Belt/Posey flew through the minors because their D was ML the second they set foot on a pro field.

Browns Bat is solid enough, and if he hit his ceiling, Bourn is an accurate comparison.

gp956

The Hammer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Like this one but I think Kepp starts over Crawford at SS

I haven't been impressed with Keppy's range or arm at 2B. Can't see him holding down a starting SS job. That would be like entering a season with Tejada as your starting SS.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I haven't been impressed with Keppy's range or arm at 2B. Can't see him holding down a starting SS job. That would be like entering a season with Tejada as your starting SS.

As if any team would do that...

:wacko:

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1-CF-Brown
2-2b-Sanchez
3-3B-Sandoval
4-C-Posey
5-RF-Schierholtz
6-1B-Huff
7-LF-Belt
8-SS-Crawford
We bring in no FAs they replace ours with rookies and spend the money on Lincecum,Cain and Vogelsong.Rowand,Derosa,Fontenot,Burrell,Torres and Ross are all gone.More rookies brought up to fill out bench.Ford,Gillaspie,Pill,Sanchez and Peguero.:doh:

This is a realistic lineup, but RoRo will still be a giant, as will Towers. Vogs won't cost that much, and I agree with the rest of the cuts. With Kepp on the bench, we won't need Fonty. DeRo, PTB, Ross all gone.

Ford, Gillapsie and Pill won't make the team. Sanchez and Peguero might. My guess as to next year -- we get JJ Hardy:

C: Posey, HSanchez
1b: Huff, Belt
2b: FSanchez, Keppinger
3b: Panda, Keppinger
SS: Hardy, Crawford
LF: Belt, RoRo
CF: Brown, Towers
RF: Nate, Peguero

SP: Tim, Cain, Bum, Song, JChez
RP: Wilson, Romo, Lopez, Runzler, RamRam, Casilla

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That being said,

CF-Coco
2B-Franchez
3B-Panda
C-Posey
1B-Huff
RF-Nate

I'll bet a nickel you're wrong.

mistgl

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
This is a realistic lineup, but RoRo will still be a giant, as will Towers. Vogs won't cost that much, and I agree with the rest of the cuts. With Kepp on the bench, we won't need Fonty. DeRo, PTB, Ross all gone.

Ford, Gillapsie and Pill won't make the team. Sanchez and Peguero might. My guess as to next year -- we get JJ Hardy:

Hardy inked a 3 year extension with a team option for a 4th, with the O's. He's not going anywhere. Sad too, because the contract was very team friendly.

Vogelsong still has arb years to work through, so he isn't due a contract just yet.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I just do not see Pegs AND Brown making the team on opening day. MAYBE one of them will, but ONLY if they win the starting job out of camp.

I think the Giants make a run at Coco, but I am not sure that one works out. Not sure there are anyone else out there worthy of a starting gig. This may lead the Gs to keep Ross, but ONLY at a pay cut.

I also think Burriss makes the team as an additional util guy and I think Craw and Kepp battle for SS playing time.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hardy inked a 3 year extension with a team option for a 4th, with the O's. He's not going anywhere. Sad too, because the contract was very team friendly.

Vogelsong still has arb years to work through, so he isn't due a contract just yet.

As I was posting this, I thought he had signed an extension, but BR has him down as a FA this year.

Stupid BR....no other SS out there that I'd want (Reyes is too expensive)

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe Gillaspie is DFA'd and it will be his choice on whether or not he wants to stay as a non-40 guy.

Ford has a better than decent shot at making the team out of camp as well. His speed and D will give him a spot and he actually has a somewhat decent AAAA bat.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just do not see Pegs AND Brown making the team on opening day. MAYBE one of them will, but ONLY if they win the starting job out of camp.

I think the Giants make a run at Coco, but I am not sure that one works out. Not sure there are anyone else out there worthy of a starting gig. This may lead the Gs to keep Ross, but ONLY at a pay cut.

I also think Burriss makes the team as an additional util guy and I think Craw and Kepp battle for SS playing time.

Agreed on the OF -- they'll likely pick up a veteran FA on a short deal. Man Reyes makes a lot of sense, but not at the money he'll command.