• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2011 Mock Draft thread

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
The Nation's Capital (where the news comes from)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With the 32nd pick in the SportsHooplaSports NFL Mock Draft,

the Green Bay Packers select....

jonathan-baldwin.jpg

Jonathan Baldwin, wide receiver, University of Pittsburgh

goDAWGSsicem

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I noticed some of the comments about Green's apparent strength, and I think it really shows why UGA made serious changes to it's S&C program this offseason.

Jones & Green have been battling for the #1 & 2 spots since their HS recruitment. Their college stats were very similar, with AJ having a slight edge. AJ is taller with longer arms, but Julio has bigger hands and is slightly faster. It really goes back & forth with those two.

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I noticed some of the comments about Green's apparent strength, and I think it really shows why UGA made serious changes to it's S&C program this offseason.

Jones & Green have been battling for the #1 & 2 spots since their HS recruitment. Their college stats were very similar, with AJ having a slight edge. AJ is taller with longer arms, but Julio has bigger hands and is slightly faster. It really goes back & forth with those two.

They are both excellent and will likely be game changers.

I will say that although listed at the same height, Jones looks taller and is certainly a bit bigger and that factored in as well. The skins need a bruising receiver to play in the red zone and on the boundary side. They have good slashers to pick up the slot and field side in Shannys offense. Now they just need someone to throw the ball to them. (as is obvious from my last pick) i am also very high on Jonathan Baldwin. He is a physical freak and Pitt has a tendency to make good receivers.

goDAWGSsicem

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I will say that although listed at the same height, Jones looks taller and is certainly a bit bigger and that factored in as well. The skins need a bruising receiver to play in the red zone and on the boundary side. They have good slashers to pick up the slot and field side in Shannys offense. Now they just need someone to throw the ball to them. (as is obvious from my last pick) i am also very high on Jonathan Baldwin. He is a physical freak and Pitt has a tendency to make good receivers.

Jones definitely is looks stronger (and I'm sure he is, he has some guns), and although on ESPN's college site has them both listed as 6'4" (as listed by their schools), measurements from the combine show that Green is actually taller.

A.J. Green 2011 NFL Draft Profile - ESPN

Julio Jones 2011 NFL Draft Profile - ESPN

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With the 34th pick of the NFL draft

Buffalo Bills select

SCREW YOU DISNEY WE'RE NOT PICKING A QB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Muhammad Wilkerson DE/DT Temple

I was going to pick Aldon Smith because I have no clue how he fell this far but then I saw that he got injured last year so it's not a good idea for the Bills to draft him :L

Wilkerson can also play both 3-4 and 4-3 schemes since we're planning on running both next year it appears.

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Agreed 46---
As bad as I think the Skins need help on D, I have seen several mocks of them taking Jones at 10. I honestly would be good with this. If they could get Jones or Green at 10 they should do it, otherwise they need to go D. I think Jones and Green will be studs. I will be PISSED if they go QB at 10. I think with all of the talk of Newton and Gabbert going top 5 they could wait (thank goodness) they may noyt be available at 10. They could get roll the dice on a QB in the later rounds. I would rather them draft Mcelroy or someone 5-7 than waste their first or second on one. Maybe Locker or Mallett in 2, but even I think that is a reach. Wish they had more picks 1-3 for D Line..

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed 46---
As bad as I think the Skins need help on D, I have seen several mocks of them taking Jones at 10. I honestly would be good with this. If they could get Jones or Green at 10 they should do it, otherwise they need to go D. I think Jones and Green will be studs. I will be PISSED if they go QB at 10. I think with all of the talk of Newton and Gabbert going top 5 they could wait (thank goodness) they may noyt be available at 10. They could get roll the dice on a QB in the later rounds. I would rather them draft Mcelroy or someone 5-7 than waste their first or second on one. Maybe Locker or Mallett in 2, but even I think that is a reach. Wish they had more picks 1-3 for D Line..

yeah but you do really need a QB I mean

REX GROSSMAN IS YOUR STARTER!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed 46---

Had our trade had gone through, I had Baldwin targeted at 17 actually. We need a non-midget receiver.

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah but you do really need a QB I mean

REX GROSSMAN IS YOUR STARTER!!!!!!!!!!!!!

None of the guys who were left were worth the 10th pick. It looks as though all of the options that were there at 10 will be there at 42 anyway.

I would rather bring in a vet until a quarterback comes out that they think they can build around.

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
None of the guys who were left were worth the 10th pick. It looks as though all of the options that were there at 10 will be there at 42 anyway.

I would rather bring in a vet until a quarterback comes out that they think they can build around.

yeah

you probably don't want Gabbert because he sucks

and I think Snyder hates Auburn QBs now

I'd look for Pat Devlin in round 3 or 4.

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah

you probably don't want Gabbert because he sucks

and I think Snyder hates Auburn QBs now

I'd look for Pat Devlin in round 3 or 4.

Let's see who is there at 42. I wouldn't touch hoodrat Mallet with a Cowboys hand. I also like Kellen Moore, as a late rounder in the Shannahan offense.

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's see who is there at 42. I wouldn't touch hoodrat Mallet with a Cowboys hand. I also like Kellen Moore, as a late rounder in the Shannahan offense.

Mallett will likely go to the Bengals because he seems like he's a drug user

if you wait for Kellen Moore you know that means another year of Grossman :eek:

because Moore's not in this draft

herky

YEAH JEETS!!!!!!111
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm going to play video games. Call me when it's my turn.

:llama:

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Broncos select

Corey Liuget DT Illinois

They just released Jamal Williams, he was old anyways

but who is Ronald Fields?