• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2011 draft picks

mem49er

KAEP
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There was no Baalke bandwagon before this draft. This was his first draft he ran as the GM. Why would anyone have confidence in Baalke BEFORE his first solo draft? His amazing credentials?

Let's keep in mind his 2nd round pick is still an unknown, and it's not like any rookie outsie of the 7th overall has proven much at this point (except maybe Miller at FB). So far so good, but let's not annoint him the next Walsh.

Besides it wouldn't surprise me if Harbaugh had a LOT to say about the draft. That's just my gut...

It's this part that I don't agree with. We're six games into the season without a real offseason. Aldon, Culliver and Hunter have all made plays that have helped our success; Miller is coming along after a position change; and Colin is a nice STer so far. Outside of the RoJo pick, none have been real wastes. I agree that it's too early to call him the next Ted Thompson but I think this class is already showing something. I hope Kap pans out nicely, luckily we haven't had to press him into action, but even if he doesn't pan out and everyone else does then that's a success IMO.

I_am_1z

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Based on just six weeks it seems like the 49ers are the runaway winners with this draft.

EaseUrStorm

Chief Imagination Officer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
The coaching staff made a huge impact on the rookies. Our draft picks last year weren't given the same luxury to be put in a position to succeed. Iupati is good and could handle it, but Davis was thrown to the wolves. I know that Mays might just suck, but he still wasn't put in a very good spot.

Bowman's in a much better place to succeed this year compared to last year because he actually knows his responsibilities. The communication looks to be night and day better this year, which helped tighten everything up.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
It's this part that I don't agree with. We're six games into the season without a real offseason. Aldon, Culliver and Hunter have all made plays that have helped our success; Miller is coming along after a position change; and Colin is a nice STer so far. Outside of the RoJo pick, none have been real wastes. I agree that it's too early to call him the next Ted Thompson but I think this class is already showing something. I hope Kap pans out nicely, luckily we haven't had to press him into action, but even if he doesn't pan out and everyone else does then that's a success IMO.

That's a fair assesment. Maybe you & I understood 2 different ideas by the word "proven." I think Aldon Smith has proven he can rush the passer in the NFL, and I think Miller has proven he's a good enough player to become what has developed into a position that isn't really a full time starter any more (FB). I don't think Culliver nor Hunter have proven they can start in the NFL, but I agree that they've "shown something" as you put it. So far so good. And obviously the jury is still out of Kaep' & Kilgore.

mem49er

KAEP
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That's a fair assesment. Maybe you & I understood 2 different ideas by the word "proven." I think Aldon Smith has proven he can rush the passer in the NFL, and I think Miller has proven he's a good enough player to become what has developed into a position that isn't really a full time starter any more (FB). I don't think Culliver nor Hunter have proven they can start in the NFL, but I agree that they've "shown something" as you put it. So far so good. And obviously the jury is still out of Kaep' & Kilgore.

Basically, though I'll interject this. I haven't watched the replay closely enough and TV angles are crappy anyways, but if Culliver had the primary coverage duty on CJ...it's a decent start. He held him out of the end zone and although CJ had over 100 yards, they were so spread out that his catches never seemed impactful.