• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2011 draft picks

maniax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
So far I think the draft is a success. Every player that is seeing the field is contributing.

Aldon Smith: 5.5 sacks in past 3 games, looks like he'll be a legit top pass rushing 3-4 OLB, still a bit raw but also only 21

Kaepernick: sitting and learning on the bench, probably good for him, jury will be out for a while on him

Culliver: good CB, playing well

Hunter: just what we need as a backup for Frank Gore

Miller: backup FB, playing well, could take Norris'es job eventually

Kilgore, Person: late round backups

Johnson, Jones, Holcomb: late round guys but you don't expect many of these to pan out anyways

If Kaep eventually pans out, and Kilgore eventually becomes a starting OL man, then this draft is a huge success.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
So far I think the draft is a success. Every player that is seeing the field is contributing.

Aldon Smith: 5.5 sacks in past 3 games, looks like he'll be a legit top pass rushing 3-4 OLB, still a bit raw but also only 21

Kaepernick: sitting and learning on the bench, probably good for him, jury will be out for a while on him

Culliver: good CB, playing well

Hunter: just what we need as a backup for Frank Gore

Miller: backup FB, playing well, could take Norris'es job eventually

Kilgore, Person: late round backups

Johnson, Jones, Holcomb: late round guys but you don't expect many of these to pan out anyways

well it does take good drafting to succeed. this class is exceeding expectations in the sense they're contributing earlier than expected.

now comes the hard part.......Baalke not only keeping it up, but drafting from further back.

maniax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
It will get trickier drafting from further back. We have alot of high first round picks on this team.

But the good news is I do not see a whole lot of holes so we can go with the BPA strategy in the late 1st.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hopefully Kilgore takes over at RG next season. Since Rachal and Snyder are set to be free agents. Maybe re-sign Snyder on the cheap to backup again.

Giantsmojo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hopefully Kilgore takes over at RG next season. Since Rachal and Snyder are set to be free agents. Maybe re-sign Snyder on the cheap to backup again.

Snyder is a good backup.

Yadahell

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After all the smack I talked on Snyder earlier this season, I have to admit that he's been playing pretty well the last 3 games. Not sure how comfortable I would be with resigning him and penciling him as the starter for 2-4 years, but I wouldn't mind having around for depth.

Regarding the draft picks- yes things are looking good so far. Aldon is coming into his own, Culliver is contributing on a weekly basis, and Hunter has been solid. Miller has whiffed on a few blocks and had a few bone-head mistakes, but he's really learning on the fly this year. His conversion to FB seems to be a success at this point. Obviously its wait and see on the Transformer, but he looked pretty good in his late brief stint in the TB game.

Last edited by a moderator:

numone9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After all the smack I talked on Snyder earlier this season, I have to admit that he's been playing pretty well the last 3 games. Not sure how comfortable I would be with resigning him and penciling him as the starter for 2-4 years, but I wouldn't mind having around for depth.

Regarding the draft picks- yes things are looking good so far. Aldon is coming into his own, Culliver is contributing on a weekly basis, and Hunter has been solid. Miller has whiffed on a few blocks and had a few bone-head mistakes, but he's really learning on the fly this year. His conversion to FB seems to be a success at this point. Obviously its wait and see on the Transformer, but he looked pretty good in his late brief stint in the TB game.

Same here. I never really liked Snyder at all, but he's done a better job lately than i ever thought he was capable of. Maybe he found his home at RG, but I'm still hoping Kilgore will pan out.

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i still wish we woulda took kyle rudolph in the 2nd. would make those double te sets much better

I_am_1z

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Just wondering where Imac and Clyde are

:)

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
This is looking like the best draft in a LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG time (even though I still hate the Kaepernick pick).

I_am_1z

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

Can't find it now, but on the deleted ESPN forum board, both you and Clyde weren't ready to come on board the Baalke bandwagon until he proved himself drafting.

The thread was called, "Why to Buy In Baalke" in case you can do a better job googling than I.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Can't find it now, but on the deleted ESPN forum board, both you and Clyde weren't ready to come on board the Baalke bandwagon until he proved himself drafting.

There was no Baalke bandwagon before this draft. This was his first draft he ran as the GM. Why would anyone have confidence in Baalke BEFORE his first solo draft? His amazing credentials?

Let's keep in mind his 2nd round pick is still an unknown, and it's not like any rookie outsie of the 7th overall has proven much at this point (except maybe Miller at FB). So far so good, but let's not annoint him the next Walsh.

Besides it wouldn't surprise me if Harbaugh had a LOT to say about the draft. That's just my gut...

mem49er

KAEP
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

There was no Baalke bandwagon before this draft. This was his first draft he ran as the GM. Why would anyone have confidence in Baalke BEFORE his first solo draft? His amazing credentials?

Let's keep in mind his 2nd round pick is still an unknown, and it's not like any rookie outsie of the 7th overall has proven much at this point (except maybe Miller at FB). So far so good, but let's not annoint him the next Walsh.

Besides it wouldn't surprise me if Harbaugh had a LOT to say about the draft. That's just my gut...

Huh?

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The thread was called, "Why to Buy In Baalke" in case you can do a better job googling than I.

Looks like a good draft, but it'll largely depend on how good Prime ends up being.

I'm still not buying Baalke, but so far he's helping himself.

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
part of me thinks dalton was the guy harbaugh wanted, but we moved up anyways to take kap just so harbaugh had someone to develop this year. something i think would be a huge mistake if i'm correct. i just hate the thought of wasting a high 2nd

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
part of me thinks dalton was the guy harbaugh wanted, but we moved up anyways to take kap just so harbaugh had someone to develop this year. something i think would be a huge mistake if i'm correct. i just hate the thought of wasting a high 2nd

I don't think so. From everything Harbaugh said pre-draft, I was sure he was targeting one of two QBs - Locker or Kaepernick. Dalton doesn't seem mobile enough for Harbaugh.

I_am_1z

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

I count the 2010 draft as Baalke's because he was acting GM (AND unlike McCloughan he wasn't hired by the coach)

I've been on that bandwagon since reading transcripts on what he wanted to do with the team.

I_am_1z

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Looks like a good draft, but it'll largely depend on how good Prime ends up being.

I'm still not buying Baalke, but so far he's helping himself.

C'mon, you and I both know that's Harbaugh's pick.