• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2010, last year for the Big 12 with Nebraska?

jedburks

The Bad Guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1620 The Zone is saying that Nebraska and the Big 10 are in negotiations and if Nebraska can get full shares right away rather than waiting 2 years then 2010 would be the last year Nebraska will be in the Big 12.

nolehusker

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,614.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Holy crap, this is blowing up faster than Hiroshima

terphusker

Currently Rosterbaiting
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Any links? If this is true how do they abandon the scheduling we have already done?

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
HOLY SHIT. The more I think about playing Ohio State, Penn State, Michigan, Iowa every year the more this is blowing my mind........wow......and the fact that Tom Osborne is being aggressive about this......seems like such a conservative guy. He's not takin any bullshit from anyone

goDAWGSsicem

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
imgad

HuskerResurrected

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Michigan, Ohio State, Iowa, Wisconsin, Penn State every year are nothing compared to smashing Kevin Cosgroves defense every year at Minnesota.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Michigan, Ohio State, Iowa, Wisconsin, Penn State every year are nothing compared to smashing Kevin Cosgroves defense every year at Minnesota.

Fuckin' "REP" that shit.

fredmelmackian

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
1620 The Zone is saying that Nebraska and the Big 10 are in negotiations and if Nebraska can get full shares right away rather than waiting 2 years then 2010 would be the last year Nebraska will be in the Big 12.

finally a pertinent sports related thread! thanks jed!

first, i joined your facebook group. finally- a facebook group worth joining. thanks jed!

i have always been about what's best for nebraska. that's why i'm anti-pedey,anti-billyc, anti-texas, anti-shady/jackjohnmark/redalert/etc and PRO-HUSKERS, PRO-COACH PELINI AND PRO-DR. TOM.

if true, going to the big 10 is the best news this off season.

i hope no one goes to the "i'll miss the nu/ou rivalry" card. first, THERE IS NO LONGER AN NU/OU RIVALRY. except for myself, jed, bigredmarine, and maybe exorbitant- none of you can even remember when nu/ou was a real rivalry.

although nu/iowa wouldn't have the same impact in this attention deficit society- i hope iowa continues to do well so that could become a legit rivalry. won't compare to the old nu/ou rivalry (like i said- other the aforementioned, none of you have a clue about it), but it would be nice to have geographical rival.

again- i hope this deal happens and there's a big 12 championship trophy to hoist on our way out the door!!!!

HuskerInSecLand

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I may be missing something but couldn't this be a move that allows the NU-OU tradition to be revived?
The Red River was a non-conference rivalry in the Big 8 days. Why not an NU-OU non-conf rivalry?

jedburks

The Bad Guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the super conferences truly do form then it would be scheduling suicide to voluntarily schedule a game like Oklahoma/Nebraska every year. You will only get 3 nonconference games and with tough conference schedule in the super conference you would get one good game and then 2 dog games. Why would you want to limit yourself like that with your scheduling? Unless you are forced to play a certain team like Texas and Texas A&M will be if they split up I wouldn't do it. Husker fans need to move on from that Oklahoma rivalry. It was the best rivalry in college football but it is over and has been over for 14 years now. Iowa is now our biggest rival.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
finally a pertinent sports related thread! thanks jed!

first, i joined your facebook group. finally- a facebook group worth joining. thanks jed!

Dude, let go of Jed's cork.

hand_job_gloves.gif

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That would be a NO!

HuskerInSecLand

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the super conferences truly do form then it would be scheduling suicide to voluntarily schedule a game like Oklahoma/Nebraska every year. You will only get 3 nonconference games and with tough conference schedule in the super conference you would get one good game and then 2 dog games. Why would you want to limit yourself like that with your scheduling? Unless you are forced to play a certain team like Texas and Texas A&M will be if they split up I wouldn't do it. Husker fans need to move on from that Oklahoma rivalry. It was the best rivalry in college football but it is over and has been over for 14 years now. Iowa is now our biggest rival.

I had not really considered the super conferences, which open up a whole nuther can of worms. But as a 12 team conference we would still have 4 non-conference games. Dedicating one to a major name increases our national exposure because whether scheduled early in the season or on Thanksgiving week it will be televised nationally. Throw in a mid major with that and we have our power ranking.
As for suicidal to play majors that is exactly what the top contenders do regularly. The oppositie is what killed the rivalry. Oklahoma was down so they voted against keeping it going when the Big 12 formed. It didn't help them any, they still sucked. If that is the rationale we are going to use then we need to stay in the Big 12 because we are still going to be someone's bitch any where we go.

I say schedule teams that will give us the power rankings and win them some years and lose them some years but never back down.

I look forward to new rivalries in the Big 10 and feel Iowa coming on already but that doesn't mean we need to back down form others. OU-NU was one of the best rivalries in the history of college football with two of the top tradition teams in college football. Because we might lose is not a reason to forgo resurrecting it.

As for Super conferences 14 teams kind of work, 6 division games, 3 conference, and down to 3 non conf or you are playing your competing division teams only every two out of eight years.
Go 16 teams and you are down to 2 non conf. or you never play your opposing division
I hope things stay at 12.

YuHusker1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Have you watched b10 fb lately and who they are losing to. DII schools they are losing to or last min. winning. Besides Ohio S and Penn St. that stay at any kind of respectability there is no one that is consistently any good here anymore. I live in MN and cannot believe it. Ohio s and Penn are not even at the level they use to be and are slipping. Those would be the two toughest games we have a year and would not come close to OU, might match Mizzou but I think we will the thing right now.

jedburks

The Bad Guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I had not really considered the super conferences, which open up a whole nuther can of worms. But as a 12 team conference we would still have 4 non-conference games. Dedicating one to a major name increases our national exposure because whether scheduled early in the season or on Thanksgiving week it will be televised nationally. Throw in a mid major with that and we have our power ranking.
As for suicidal to play majors that is exactly what the top contenders do regularly. The oppositie is what killed the rivalry. Oklahoma was down so they voted against keeping it going when the Big 12 formed. It didn't help them any, they still sucked. If that is the rationale we are going to use then we need to stay in the Big 12 because we are still going to be someone's bitch any where we go.

I say schedule teams that will give us the power rankings and win them some years and lose them some years but never back down.

I look forward to new rivalries in the Big 10 and feel Iowa coming on already but that doesn't mean we need to back down form others. OU-NU was one of the best rivalries in the history of college football with two of the top tradition teams in college football. Because we might lose is not a reason to forgo resurrecting it.

As for Super conferences 14 teams kind of work, 6 division games, 3 conference, and down to 3 non conf or you are playing your competing division teams only every two out of eight years.
Go 16 teams and you are down to 2 non conf. or you never play your opposing division
I hope things stay at 12.

Well these super conferences will be 16 teams which means 9 conference games and would leave 3 non conference games. I am not saying not to schedule big time teams. I am saying why would you pigeon hole one of your 3 non conference games to the same big time team every year. I would love to play name school for every game but that is just not logical. What teams will do is they will schedule one big boy team and 2 patsies since their conference schedule will be so tough. Since they will only schedule one big boy wouldn't you want that team to change? I know I would.