• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: 1st Round: 4) Cavs vs 5) Magic

raptorlife4

Long Time Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,850.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wagner taking the soul of the cavs

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well technically they say it’s not a series until a home team loses so I’m not sure.

What do we call a series where the home team never lose? Preseason

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cavs looked better in the 1st than they did in game two.
They did.

Unfortunately Mitchell might have had the worst half of basketball I've seen in a long time from an all star caliber player......after such a fantastic first half?

drop this series and all talk is he's out (and that could certainly happen)....but would help if he played as he's capable.

Props to the Magic.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They did.

Unfortunately Mitchell might have had the worst half of basketball I've seen in a long time from an all star caliber player......after such a fantastic first half?

drop this series and all talk is he's out (and that could certainly happen)....but would help if he played as he's capable.

Props to the Magic.

Like you said props to the Magic.

But Mitchell pulled a disappearing act in the 2nd half. Looking at his playoff numbers the last two seasons his 3-point numbers are lousy.

I thought maybe nerves got the better of him last season vs. the Knicks since he's a New Yorker. But this is back to back post seasons he can't hit shots from downtown.

If the Cavs can't get a guarantee from him that he'll stick around should they look to trade him before he walks?

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like you said props to the Magic.

But Mitchell pulled a disappearing act in the 2nd half. Looking at his playoff numbers the last two seasons his 3-point numbers are lousy.

I thought maybe nerves got the better of him last season vs. the Knicks since he's a New Yorker. But this is back to back post seasons he can't hit shots from downtown.

If the Cavs can't get a guarantee from him that he'll stick around should they look to trade him before he walks?
It's definitely annoying his 3 point shot has been so off.....really annoying when he appeared to have brought it today. Go into most Cavalier forums and I swear so many are afraid to say anything bad about Mitchell. Like he will see it and decide he wants to go. They pretty much blame every loss on JB and/or Garland. He's the HC so JB deserves some blame but I'd put this one so much more on the players. Garland not great but was least of our troubles (well, him and the bigs).

I'd say for sure if he wont sign an extension he'll be dealt in the summer.

ElPatron1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Emergency Cavs fan meeting!

How are we tied with the Orlando Tragic lol

I have been busy, and have the games set to record on my NBA package. Is this now a coin flip series?

Hall

Hoopla Cash
$ 128,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Play that song!

#OrlandoMagic

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
would you rather have Oladipo or Allen?

who did the Warriors play today?

Well if you insist on talkin' some shit.

When will the Cavs turn things around before the Heat?

And with how awful the Cavs have looked the last two games surprised you haven't gone into hiding.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Emergency Cavs fan meeting!

How are we tied with the Orlando Tragic lol

I have been busy, and have the games set to record on my NBA package. Is this now a coin flip series?
Their role players and youngsters showed up at home as often happens. I'd say a 50-50 series...I guess maybe slight edge to Cavs with home court. Maybe.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
being tied 2-2 with the team you tanked for isn't a good look

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
being tied 2-2 with the team you tanked for isn't a good look
Then good thing they either didn't tank or like the NBA are not good at fixing games. Tanked yet had a lead well into the 4th quarter?

But getting blown out 2 in a row never a good thing.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Then good thing they either didn't tank or like the NBA are not good at fixing games. Tanked yet had a lead well into the 4th quarter?

But getting blown out 2 in a row never a good thing.

You are not seriously aruging that the Cavs did not intentionally try to lose that last game against Charlotte.

They thought they were going to have it easy vs Orlando because they knew Philly or Miami would beat them

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are not seriously aruging that the Cavs did not intentionally try to lose that last game against Charlotte.

They thought they were going to have it easy vs Orlando because they knew Philly or Miami would beat them
It's clear they did not try to lose that game. If they were intentionally losing why not sit their regulars after 1 quarter instead of 3 or not play them at all (played them 1 qtr. in final game last season)? still cannot understand why so many ripped the cavs for this made up narrative but not the Bucks who did the same thing....and the Bucks are down 2-1 to Indiana.

I doubt they thought they'd roll Orlando nor do I think they believed they could not beat Philly.

could you try to stay on track and use some facts to try and make your point if you care to reply again.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's clear they did not try to lose that game. If they were intentionally losing why not sit their regulars after 1 quarter instead of 3 or not play them at all (played them 1 qtr. in final game last season)? still cannot understand why so many ripped the cavs for this made up narrative but not the Bucks who did the same thing....and the Bucks are down 2-1 to Indiana.

1) It was very clear to everyone except you.
2) Bucks played their guys for most of the 2nd half until the game got out of reach. Not the same
3) They didn't sit their regulars because they were paying attention to the Bucks game. Once they saw the Bucks losing and saw they could line up what they thought would be an easy matchup in Orlando then that's when they tried to intentionally lose
4) There is nothing wrong with what they did but losing this series when you intentionally tried to line up Orlando would be hilarious
5) You don't have to argue everything when the rest of the basketball world saw it the way I did