• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: 1st Round: 3) Timberwolves vs 6) Suns

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't OKC lose in round 1 last year? They weren't a top seed but still I think you are overthinking this
I think they are already overloaded on cap, the wolves need to learn how to win in the playoffs before they can be a threat. If they fail to make waves this time they won't be ready next year either. They don't have draft picks to refill anything, they are already one of the major luxury tax teams starting next year, and Gobert and Conley are on the decline. If no progress is made it os only a matter of time before they tear down and rebuild around Ant.

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Towns aint that young lol. Yeah they are not trading Ant obviously and probably not McDaniels or Rudy but I think everyone else can be had if the Suns do what I think they are going to

Win, lose or draw and I would think that Towns is available. And not even for that much.

Naz Reid has played so well this year that the Wolves know now for sure that they are going to have to get rid of Towns to craft out a spot for Reid as he will need a new contract after next season. But I am pretty sure that they knew that last offseason too and were expecting this from Reid.

Picklerick 2.0

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The suns live and die by the three. When they are hitting, the are unstoppable, when they are missing, anyone can beat them. Their record is what it is for a reason. I'm going with wolves in 7, but that's because I'm a homer.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never did give my prediction, and I think that Edwards continues his action from last year where he is just a different player in the playoffs. The reason the Suns swept the Wolves is because Edwards was not good against them all year. I think he plays just fine in the playoffs.

Wolves in 5.

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wolves in 6.

We all know Durant is going to get a boo-boo in game 2

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never did give my prediction, and I think that Edwards continues his action from last year where he is just a different player in the playoffs. The reason the Suns swept the Wolves is because Edwards was not good against them all year. I think he plays just fine in the playoffs.

Wolves in 5.

Yeah I expect Edwards to have a really good series. No one over there can guard him. He just cant get TOO focused on only scoring. They are going to run doubles at him and he just needs to be good about kicking to open shooters which he doesnt always do.

The key in the series might be McDaniels. His shooting has been atrocious lately and teams have just been daring him to shoot because of it. Honestly if I were the Wolves coach, he wouldnt be starting this series. NAW has been unbelievably hot and you dont lose much if any defense with him especially since either one is going to draw the Booker assignment so I would have NAW in the starting spot....or at least have Jaden on a short leash with NAW in the background at the ready.

But yeah I think the Wolves win the series.

The things that translate to the playoffs from the regular season year in and year out is defense, which the Wolves are tops at, and being able to score in iso and two man games. Both areas that the Wolves are also built for.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Suns in 6.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 142,300.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just can’t give the Suns the automatic benefit of the doubt and I have doubts.

Twolves in 7.

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Suns are weirdly a team I would not want to face in the 1st round. I know their record is pretty mid but they do have 3 star players on the roster.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,171.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Suns are weirdly a team I would not want to face in the 1st round. I know their record is pretty mid but they do have 3 star players on the roster.
1st year with their trio and they had quite a few injuries, which curtailed them building chemistry.

No team is going to anticipate playing them....as long as they are healthy.

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1st year with their trio and they had quite a few injuries, which curtailed them building chemistry.

No team is going to anticipate playing them....as long as they are healthy.

Same with the Lakers I don't know their injury history but in the 1st round of the playoffs I am not really wanting to play Lebron James and AD. The Thunder probably has the best go at it in the 1st round playing the Kings.