• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

1ST QTR...Grades

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again, going way back to the Seahawks being in the AFC West, Seattle would often get WAAAAY up to play Denver during the Elway years, and would either make those games competitive, and would win their share.

So division games being... problematic, certainly isn't a surprise to me.

I'm sure there's other fans of other teams in other divisions who'd chime in on weird irregularities like that too.

I'm sure it happens more than I realize but just seems like Fisher has made an entire career as a HC doing just that. As soon as the rumors of him being fired start up all of a sudden they pull out some incredible win that they shouldn't have. So everybody calms down for a bit about him being fired until he loses a few more (and when I say lose I mean get blown out in embarrassing fashion) then boom crazy win. I've never seen a more below average coach continue to get opportunities to lead teams than this guy.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sure it happens more than I realize but just seems like Fisher has made an entire career as a HC doing just that. As soon as the rumors of him being fired start up all of a sudden they pull out some incredible win that they shouldn't have. So everybody calms down for a bit about him being fired until he loses a few more (and when I say lose I mean get blown out in embarrassing fashion) then boom crazy win. I've never seen a more below average coach continue to get opportunities to lead teams than this guy.

You're preaching to the choir man. WEIRD shit like the ex QB punter throwing passes for 1st downs.

It's kinda' funny, but to use another ancient AFC West reference, Jack Patera had this amazing record on MNF, because he'd become this riverboat gambler on national TV. I remember the mustachioed KICKER throwing a TD pass way back in the day.

Fisher is like that against Seattle - usually he's Mr. Plodding take no chances guy. Against Seattle, it's every gadget play you can think of.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're preaching to the choir man. WEIRD shit like the ex QB punter throwing passes for 1st downs.

It's kinda' funny, but to use another ancient AFC West reference, Jack Patera had this amazing record on MNF, because he'd become this riverboat gambler on national TV. I remember the mustachioed KICKER throwing a TD pass way back in the day.

Fisher is like that against Seattle - usually he's Mr. Plodding take no chances guy. Against Seattle, it's every gadget play you can think of.

Haha nice reference! I think he knows that him being hired back is completely hinging more on the fact of beating Seattle and Arizona so he saves up his best new plays/gadget plays just for those 4 games. The rest of the season might as well not exist. Given as a Denver Sports fan I am well aware of Stan Kroenke and his ability to not run a franchise right. If I remember right Arsenal fans tried to get a petition going to get him out of ownership because they couldn't stand the direction he was taking the franchise.

Caynine29

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

To be honest... the only reason I didn't expect the Rams to win was the complete shit-show a week prior. Had the 'Niners game been closer (even a loss), I would have fully expected the Rams to beat the Seahawks in week 2.

For whatever reason, Jeff Fisher owns the Seahawks. He just can't figure it out against anyone else. I think a lot of that comes down to familiarity and the Rams' D-line using the Hawks' O-line like a NY Subway turnstile. Though it is true Fisher's penchant for trick plays has been more effective against Seattle than anyone else as of late, he does employ them against other teams with a higher frequency than most coaches. The Seahawks are really no exception there.

This year's win was pretty much a straight up defensive domination of the 'Hawks, though. I kept waiting and waiting for the fake punt, but it never came. I'd be more confident about the Rams' chances moving forward though, if not for the complete dumpster fire that is the "offense" (and I use that term very loosely).

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To be honest... the only reason I didn't expect the Rams to win was the complete shit-show a week prior. Had the 'Niners game been closer (even a loss), I would have fully expected the Rams to beat the Seahawks in week 2.

For whatever reason, Jeff Fisher owns the Seahawks. He just can't figure it out against anyone else. I think a lot of that comes down to familiarity and the Rams' D-line using the Hawks' O-line like a NY Subway turnstile. Though it is true Fisher's penchant for trick plays has been more effective against Seattle than anyone else as of late, he does employ them against other teams with a higher frequency than most coaches. The Seahawks are really no exception there.

This year's win was pretty much a straight up defensive domination of the 'Hawks, though. I kept waiting and waiting for the fake punt, but it never came. I'd be more confident about the Rams' chances moving forward though, if not for the complete dumpster fire that is the "offense" (and I use that term very loosely).

Fair enough. I don't watch many Rams games except when they play the Hawks.

And yeah, the Ram's O numbers would concern me if I were a fan too, but the D seems to have elevated itself to another level, Donald is something else.

NoleJawn

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eagles: A: Rookie QB has been exceptional, defense has been night and day from a year ago. The soft schedule and concerns at WR keep it away from an A+.

I was wrong about Carolina: Thought they'd be 3-1 at worst with a returning Kelvin Benjamin.

I was right about Arizona: Not buying their hype at all as long as Carson Palmer is the QB.

Still plenty of season left though.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll give the Pats an A- even with yesterday's clunker against the minor league team from Buffalo. No one knew what to expect in the first 4 games without Brady and the two youngins did well enough to get them to 3-1. Not having Dion Lewis yet and a very limited Gronkowski makes me feel even better about their start

Is a Canadian Football Team a "minor league team"??????

Great Dayne

I was right even if you believe I was wrong
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Packers give up 300+ yards and 3+ TD's in the air to Sheli while having 3 weeks to prepare they deserve an F- for that secondary and it might go down as the worst secondary in the NFL for this season.

Great Dayne

I was right even if you believe I was wrong
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pack looked good on D while missing their #1 and #2 CB's with exception of the last garbage time drive that ended up as a controversial TD.

Passing offense: D+
Rushing offense: C+
Passing Defense: D-
Rushing Defense: A+

Overall: C-