• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

1st one

antone112

who gives a fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,290.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just found out (and I know alot of you could care less) my wife is pregnant. Couldn't wipe the smile off my face with a Suh face stomp. All is well, Im sure my son will be present for a number of Husker NCs. Especially after his miserable, pessimistic father dies.

Tomhusker

The Original Husker+ Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 271.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Congrats man. I remember the night after my first was born. I could't sleep because I was afraid, at the time, that I couldn't afford school clothes for him.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Grats to you and your wife, sir.

You know it's going to be a boy from ultrasounds en sech?

antone112

who gives a fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,290.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Grats to you and your wife, sir.

You know it's going to be a boy from ultrasounds en sech?

Oh it's going to be a boy. Or else I'll be in prison in 18 years.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh it's going to be a boy. Or else I'll be in prison in 18 years.

Yeah. My daughter will be 11 in a couple months so I only got a few more years before I have to become "That Guy".

jn5365903a.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The first 2 ultrasounds for my daughter we couldn't tell if it was a girl or boy because we were getting mooned.

The first ultrasound on my son he was like "Hi, See Me?".

HuskerinBig10

Dad, World Traveler, Investor, college football
Hoopla Cash
$ 436.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Congrats.

I believe it is a tadbit too early to determine the sex with an ultrasound.

My advice, put money away for college now. Our college cost is roughly 25K per year, I include tuition, books, fees, football tickets, room&board( or rent&food), utilities, incidentals, trips they HAVE to take, etc. We seem to be the family that funds all first expenses for my son and his new roommates each year. By this I mean, first and last months rent, summer storage of all furniture, blah blah blah.

This year, my son(a senior) is living with four girls in a house right next to campus. This probably means I am buying a lawn mower for the yard also.

My recommendation is to start a dividend reinvestment plan with American Waterworks or Aqua America. Or, if your state has a college tuition fund run by Vanguard contribute to that. Although, I think the market is inflated at this time, but I could be wrong.

My wife wanted to start a college fund for my college son back whenever. I refused. That money would have been cut 50% by the time he started college. I was smart then. Too bad I did not listen to her in 2010, that money would have doubled.

But, our water company DRIP plans, hardly went down during the collapse, they raised their dividend each year, and our stock holdings in the water companies were up nearly 30% in 2013. Since December 2007, those stock holdings are up nearly 200%.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Congrats.

I believe it is a tadbit too early to determine the sex with an ultrasound.

Where did OP say how far along she was?

She really doesn't know she's pregnant until she misses that time of the month and/or starts feeling different and confides in another woman who tells her she might be pregnant. She than buys the quicky test to verify.
Once the quicky test verifies she goes to the doctor for blood tests for official verification.

Gender can be determined as early as 13 weeks if the fetus is in the right position.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Either was it's a big event for Antone.

Boy or girl I'm sure he'll be a proud papa.

My daughter who's 10 (11 months older than my boy) is actually tougher than he at this point.
I nicknamed her 'Dook' (as in The Duke) the night she was born. She was cool with it up until a couple months ago when she informed me she doesn't like me calling her that "in front of her friends".
When I would pick her up from school I'd say something like "Hey Dook", or "How was your day, Dook?"
Apparently her friends asked her why I call her Dook and it embarrasses her. :(

gobigred

Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just found out (and I know alot of you could care less) my wife is pregnant. Couldn't wipe the smile off my face with a Suh face stomp. All is well, Im sure my son will be present for a number of Husker NCs. Especially after his miserable, pessimistic father dies.

Congrats man!!! :suds:

HuskerinBig10

Dad, World Traveler, Investor, college football
Hoopla Cash
$ 436.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Either was it's a big event for Antone.

Boy or girl I'm sure he'll be a proud papa.

My daughter who's 10 (11 months older than my boy) is actually tougher than he at this point.
I nicknamed her 'Dook' (as in The Duke) the night she was born. She was cool with it up until a couple months ago when she informed me she doesn't like me calling her that "in front of her friends".
When I would pick her up from school I'd say something like "Hey Dook", or "How was your day, Dook?"
Apparently her friends asked her why I call her Dook and it embarrasses her. :(

That is the job of parents, to embarrass their kids.

But your daughter is on to something. I think you should change the nickname.

There are at least two strip clubs called Daisy Dooks, Charlotte NC, and Davenport, Iowa

Daisy Dooks hosts its grand opening | QC After Dark | Creative Loafing Charlotte

Daisy Dooks - Davenport, IA | Yelp

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is the job of parents, to embarrass their kids.

But your daughter is on to something. I think you should change the nickname.

There are at least two strip clubs called Daisy Dooks, Charlotte NC, and Davenport, Iowa

Daisy Dooks hosts its grand opening | QC After Dark | Creative Loafing Charlotte

Daisy Dooks - Davenport, IA | Yelp

Yeah. Per her wish I quit calling her that in front of her friends.

I still call her that sometimes around here though. It's a hard habit to break. :lol:

HuskerInSecLand

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Congrats man. Your life will never be the same.

Fumble_Rooskie

Big Red Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Congrats antone! Being a father is tough but it's worth it. I personally like being a grandpa better though; a lot less headaches.