• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

1st and goal from 7

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Horrible play calling. No gore wtf? Bad pass decisions from kap.

Ugh we lost

But we should if never been down this bad to begin with. Why do we start so slow? It's the biggest game of the year!

That punt return pissed me off too

In hindsight, Ginn should've probably just taken a knee, but even if he would have done that, we are too far away for a hail mary to the endzone. We would've need some hook and ladder play.

h0ckeysk83r

Haters gonna hate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In hindsight, Ginn should've probably just taken a knee, but even if he would have done that, we are too far away for a hail mary to the endzone. We would've need some hook and ladder play.

I meant the kick return for a TD my bad

Ties5o11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didnt understand how a team can line up in an illegal formation on the first play of the game. Just a little too sloppy all the way around.

iHATEdodgers

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn I just rewatched that final drive, I can't believe they didn't run it. God. I'm not sure the scrubbed 2nd down play would have resulted in a td but Kap definitely would have gotten 2 or 3. That would've changed the play calling on 3rd and 4th I'd bet.

But dayum, Crab was open right away on the 2nd down play they did run. Kap could have hit him about the 1 he just didnt throw it. Rookie mistake. I mean he was wide open. Dayum.

And double dayum, on 3rd down, Walker was wide open in the end zone right in front of Kap. I mean shit he was open. With Kaps arm especially that's a td (if walker catches it). Fuck man. That was it right there.

4th down... That was just a shitty play call, shitty audible, shitty pass. Shitty route from Crab too. But I can see why they didn't call holding it looks uncatchable. Still he was definitely held.

But dayum shitty series. I think Kap missed some stuff for sure, his inexperience got us on 2nd - didn't get the play off in time, and then missed Crab wide open first and then threw to him covered 3rd - missed Walker wide open threw a stupid pass to Crab (although this could've set up 4th and goal from the 2.5 yard line 4th - bad audible and uncatchable ball.

Definitely game not on Kap, but hat last series... Barf. I hate to say it, but choke job by him first, coaches second. Sigh.

It's all good well be back, Kap is a stud. He'll get better smooth out the wrinkles, but dayum.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn I just rewatched that final drive, I can't believe they didn't run it. God. I'm not sure the scrubbed 2nd down play would have resulted in a td but Kap definitely would have gotten 2 or 3. That would've changed the play calling on 3rd and 4th I'd bet.

But dayum, Crab was open right away on the 2nd down play they did run. Kap could have hit him about the 1 he just didnt throw it. Rookie mistake. I mean he was wide open. Dayum.

And double dayum, on 3rd down, Walker was wide open in the end zone right in front of Kap. I mean shit he was open. With Kaps arm especially that's a td (if walker catches it). Fuck man. That was it right there.

4th down... That was just a shitty play call, shitty audible, shitty pass. Shitty route from Crab too. But I can see why they didn't call holding it looks uncatchable. Still he was definitely held.

But dayum shitty series. I think Kap missed some stuff for sure, his inexperience got us on 2nd - didn't get the play off in time, and then missed Crab wide open first and then threw to him covered 3rd - missed Walker wide open threw a stupid pass to Crab (although this could've set up 4th and goal from the 2.5 yard line 4th - bad audible and uncatchable ball.

Definitely game not on Kap, but that last series... Barf. I hate to say it, but choke job by him first, coaches second. Sigh.

It's all good well be back, Kap is a stud. He'll get better smooth out the wrinkles, but dayum.

In your opinion, was it uncatchable based on where the placement of the ball was or based on where Crabtree was when the ball got there? Did the hold make it uncatchable or Kaep? Crabtree said they would have called it if the ball were lower - but that doesn't mean it's uncatchable per se. In my opinion, without the hold it would be catchable, though it could have been better placed (deferring to Crabtree's judgment here, Kaep could do that (throw it lower) if he got another shot) and it definitely could have been a different play call.

Last edited by a moderator:

bone3421

like in the back of a VW
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
watched the last series also on nfl network.....didnt notice it then i was drinking on sunday but the ball was VERY CLOSE to being uncatchable .....to me it looks like if he ran a clean route he would have had a very hard time getting his feet down

has anybody said if the officials were deciding between holding/PI cause that would make a difference...........said it on sunday but me and also my buddies thought it was the correct no-call

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If anyone blames this on Kap you are crazy. Dont think we would be here without him. The offense scored 31 points. Should be plenty to win.

No they didn't.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Definitely game not on Kap, but hat last series... Barf. I hate to say it, but choke job by him first, coaches second. Sigh.

That's it in a nutshell. That cost 'em the game.

iHATEdodgers

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In your opinion, was it uncatchable based on where the placement of the ball was or based on where Crabtree was when the ball got there? Did the hold make it uncatchable or Kaep? Crabtree said they would have called it if the ball were lower - but that doesn't mean it's uncatchable per se. In my opinion, without the hold it would be catchable, though it could have been better placed (deferring to Crabtree's judgment here, Kaep could do that (throw it lower) if he got another shot) and it definitely could have been a different play call.

It was borderline catchable if he didn't get held I would say. Not sure he could have gotten his feet in. But defensive holding isn't PI - holding is supposed to be called no matter what. So... Regardless they had plenty of chances on the previous plays and Kap just didn't execute.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If anyone blames this on Kap you are crazy. ... 31 points. Should be plenty to win.

True, blame is a four letter word. What ifs and I wish we would have, are different. I think anyone who blames Kaep is worse than crazy. This was a team and ref loss.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It was borderline catchable if he didn't get held I would say. Not sure he could have gotten his feet in. But defensive holding isn't PI - holding is supposed to be called no matter what. So... Regardless they had plenty of chances on the previous plays and Kap just didn't execute.

Steve Young says basically that it was an "out of bounds" ball (uncatchable) and a bad playcall.

"Q: Do you have any problem with the refs not calling defensive holding or pass interference on the 49ers’ final offensive play?

YOUNG: I was right there. I was standing on the field. It was out of bounds from the time it left his hand. My opinion was it was not even close. So what happened on the field to me was less important. Plus, on a fourth down you know – like the last shot of a basketball game – you’re probably not going to get the foul when you throw the three-point shot up. You’re going to have to get really hacked to get a call. With that context, you’re probably not going to get the call, especially when the ball is headed out of bounds.

Colin had two plays from what I understand, and once he saw the all-out blitz, that was the planned reaction. There’s got to be a better play than just throwing a lollipop up to one guy. That play is really capitulation. In the context, you’d certainly want something more dynamic, the ability to put Colin on the move and see what would happen. That’s part of planning. The 15th time you go through that, you get really good at it. That’s the part that you look forward to with Colin and Jim."

Last edited by a moderator:

h0ckeysk83r

Haters gonna hate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Steve Young says basically that it was an "out of bounds" ball (uncatchable) and a bad playcall.

"Q: Do you have any problem with the refs not calling defensive holding or pass interference on the 49ers’ final offensive play?

YOUNG: I was right there. I was standing on the field. It was out of bounds from the time it left his hand. My opinion was it was not even close. So what happened on the field to me was less important. Plus, on a fourth down you know – like the last shot of a basketball game – you’re probably not going to get the foul when you throw the three-point shot up. You’re going to have to get really hacked to get a call. With that context, you’re probably not going to get the call, especially when the ball is headed out of bounds.

Colin had two plays from what I understand, and once he saw the all-out blitz, that was the planned reaction. There’s got to be a better play than just throwing a lollipop up to one guy. That play is really capitulation. In the context, you’d certainly want something more dynamic, the ability to put Colin on the move and see what would happen. That’s part of planning. The 15th time you go through that, you get really good at it. That’s the part that you look forward to with Colin and Jim."

Yes he could have audibled to something better and he should have. Either way as soon as the ball was snapped the Ravens linebacker came untouched and was right on him. Maybe if colin had a roll out play he could of bought more time. But the LB was right there and thats all Kap could do was thow it up. He should have motioned gore over though for sure. But hes a young guy he will learn.

Gore could have gotten that ball 3 straight runs and i have a good feeling we would of punched it in!

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes he could have audibled to something better and he should have. Either way as soon as the ball was snapped the Ravens linebacker came untouched and was right on him. Maybe if colin had a roll out play he could of bought more time. But the LB was right there and thats all Kap could do was thow it up. He should have motioned gore over though for sure. But hes a young guy he will learn.

Gore could have gotten that ball 3 straight runs and i have a good feeling we would of punched it in!

I know I shouldn't feel this way, because we have a great runner, but I probably would have run on second and third down, but I wouldn't trust my self to also run on fourth if I did that. I would have thrown on fourth - but then again, I'm a QB guy so I trust QBs more than I should. I thought we were going to run it the first three plays, if not just for the sake of bleeding the clock. I was actually imagining whether Harbaugh would be criticized for not passing if we didn't make it or for only passing it the last down. Didn't anticipate ANY of this. :(

Yadahell

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hearing Greg Cosell taking about this subject on KNBR this week, he mentioned that Kap should have thrown it to Crabs on 2nd down (could have been a TD), had VD open on third (but "decided he was throwing to Crabs no matter what"), and thought he was going back shoulder to Crabs on 4th, but missed the throw with the pressure. All of this is for what it's worth of course, but shows that the play calling wasn't necessarily that bad. If Kap makes the right read or right throw in those situations- its a TD and this conversation doesn't exist. No timeout to avoid the penalty on 2nd down and maybe he runs in the TD.

Ravens have a good redzone defense and that's tough on a young QB. I'm sure Kap will learn from it and come back a better QB next season.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hearing Greg Cosell taking about this subject on KNBR this week, he mentioned that Kap should have thrown it to Crabs on 2nd down (could have been a TD), had VD open on third (but "decided he was throwing to Crabs no matter what"), and thought he was going back shoulder to Crabs on 4th, but missed the throw with the pressure. All of this is for what it's worth of course, but shows that the play calling wasn't necessarily that bad. If Kap makes the right read or right throw in those situations- its a TD and this conversation doesn't exist. No timeout to avoid the penalty on 2nd down and maybe he runs in the TD.

Ravens have a good redzone defense and that's tough on a young QB. I'm sure Kap will learn from it and come back a better QB next season.

He did throw it to Crabtree on second down. Or is he just agreeing with what Kaep did? Also, does he mean Walker, not Davis on third?

I wish the Ravens didn't hold, because it'd be a TD or I could live with it better if it just was incomplete. I' just think, oh well, playcall on young QB. Now, we'll never know. For one, the Ravens could have scored after that. Two, Crabtree might have pulled a Bryant and have his fingers out of bounds, or dropped it, etc.

What am I thinking? If I had a wish, I wouldn't wish for no hold, I'd wish for a catch and win. :doh: ;)

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think Cosell is mixing up his drives or his film library because Kap did throw it Crabs on 2nd down, (this is a non-called PI) and it was DW not VD that was open on 3rd down

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

this is where timing also factors into a pass. accuracy is the most important, but throwing it on time makes it indefensible.

guess this is what they mean by 'throwing the receiver open'? Kap should improve on this like everything else, with more playing time and experience reading defenses, he should improve.

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this is where timing also factors into a pass. accuracy is the most important, but throwing it on time makes it indefensible.

guess this is what they mean by 'throwing the receiver open'? Kap should improve on this like everything else, with more playing time and experience reading defenses, he should improve.

Your timing comment is accurate but too myopic. Timing isn't just a passing factor Deep, it is also a route factor as well. BOTH the QB AND the WR need to be in synch for timing patterns to work.

Kap actually does an excellent job of reading defenders and throwing receivers open - it is one of his many strengths.

Reading defenses is another of Kaepernick's strengths - if it wasn't he would still be on the bench or have a QB rating of about 70 with many more INC's & INT's

But I do agree that experience will help him with the mental stuff and hopefully improve his already remarkable QB skills.

Yadahell

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He did throw it to Crabtree on second down. Or is he just agreeing with what Kaep did? Also, does he mean Walker, not Davis on third?

I wish the Ravens didn't hold, because it'd be a TD or I could live with it better if it just was incomplete. I' just think, oh well, playcall on young QB. Now, we'll never know. For one, the Ravens could have scored after that. Two, Crabtree might have pulled a Bryant and have his fingers out of bounds, or dropped it, etc.

What am I thinking? If I had a wish, I wouldn't wish for no hold, I'd wish for a catch and win. :doh: ;)

I know what you mean haha