• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

1995-2015 NBA Wildcard Play-In 2 : WLK vs Milk

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WLK

FIRST HALF
PG - Stephen Curry
SG - Klay Thompson
SF - Elgin Baylor - WC
PF - Draymond Green
C - Tyson Chandler

SECOND HALF
PG - Gary Payton - WC
SG - Jimmy Butler
SF - Kawhi Leonard
PF - Blake Griffin
C - Marc Gasol

VS

MILK

FIRST HALF
PG - Chauncey Billups
SG - James Harden
SF - Shawn Marion
PF - Kevin Garnett
C - Joakim Noah

SECOND HALF
PG - Walt Frazier - WC
SG - Ray Allen
SF - Tracy McGrady
PF - Charles Barkley - WC
C - Arvydas Sabonis

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WLK - 4
MILK - 3

VOTED - WLK, Milk, UK, Sushi, Femur, Shane, Nos

Last edited:

wlk3

Me and the guys
Hoopla Cash
$ 168,223.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Team 1st Half...

My first half team is as Sushi called it a "super version" of the 12th highest scoring team in NBA history (114.5) with 13th most assists per game (28.9) in NBA history... And while I didn't use Marc Gasol as the anchor, DPOY Tyson Chandler was also a great fit IMO... Maybe some of you remember his lob catching days in NO with Chris Paul... At any rate not only do I have Klay who broke Ray Allen's 05-06 3pt record (269) last year with 276 3pters made, I also have the guy who broke it the year before with 286 then doubled up by breaking that with 402... Draymond Green with his 13 triple-doubles last year will help offensively by stretching the floor with his record 7 3pters in a game 7... I originally had Kawhi with this group but I decided to give them an explosive weak side scorer to boost an already potent offense... A career 27.4ppg average Baylor also gives me some rebounding with a career 13.5rpg average and fits in well with his 4.3 assists per game career average... With 2 DPOYs in the front court manning the paint and one of the premier wing defenders in Klay, I believe this team is going to give me a jump on any team I face going into the second half...

Team 2nd Half...
This team is built to hold the lead... Spearheaded by the only PG to ever win DPOY, I also have Kawhi a 2x DPOY at SF and anchored by DPOY Marc Gasol at Center... Jimmy Butler also known as a premier defender at SG and solid defender Blake Griffin teams will be hard pressed to get to score... While Baylor would have probably given me a bigger scoring punch, Kawhi gives me a 39% 3pt threat... All 3 perimeter players can create their own shot and my high low game with Marc and Blake, the PnP/PnR game with Glove will bring back memories of that 94 Glove to Kemp lob game... A play Marc should be able to hit Blake on as well with Blake on a back door roll... I think this team is so well rounded and defensively strong that if I'm out scored it won't be by much, certainly not enough to lose a lead given to me from team 1st Half...

I got me...

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Team 1st Half...

My first half team is as Sushi called it a "super version" of the 12th highest scoring team in NBA history (114.5) with 13th most assists per game (28.9) in NBA history... And while I didn't use Marc Gasol as the anchor, DPOY Tyson Chandler was also a great fit IMO... Maybe some of you remember his lob catching days in NO with Chris Paul... At any rate not only do I have Klay who broke Ray Allen's 05-06 3pt record (269) last year with 276 3pters made, I also have the guy who broke it the year before with 286 then doubled up by breaking that with 402... Draymond Green with his 13 triple-doubles last year will help offensively by stretching the floor with his record 7 3pters in a game 7... I originally had Kawhi with this group but I decided to give them an explosive weak side scorer to boost an already potent offense... A career 27.4ppg average Baylor also gives me some rebounding with a career 13.5rpg average and fits in well with his 4.3 assists per game career average... With 2 DPOYs in the front court manning the paint and one of the premier wing defenders in Klay, I believe this team is going to give me a jump on any team I face going into the second half...

Team 2nd Half...
This team is built to hold the lead... Spearheaded by the only PG to ever win DPOY, I also have Kawhi a 2x DPOY at SF and anchored by DPOY Marc Gasol at Center... Jimmy Butler also known as a premier defender at SG and solid defender Blake Griffin teams will be hard pressed to get to score... While Baylor would have probably given me a bigger scoring punch, Kawhi gives me a 39% 3pt threat... All 3 perimeter players can create their own shot and my high low game with Marc and Blake, the PnP/PnR game with Glove will bring back memories of that 94 Glove to Kemp lob game... A play Marc should be able to hit Blake on as well with Blake on a back door roll... I think this team is so well rounded and defensively strong that if I'm out scored it won't be by much, certainly not enough to lose a lead given to me from team 1st Half...

I got me...

I counter all of what WLK said with COME ON VOTE FOR ME!!!! A VOTE FOR ME= A VOTE for america...

i got me...

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is a tough one. Gonna need a minute.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I got WLK in a really close one. I think KG would be an absolute nightmare matchup for Draymond Green. Also think that Milks team would definitely have the edge on rebounding. But there's just too much fire power for WLKs first unit and I think they would hold a slight edge. The second half would be very close to a wash. Milk has a lot of fire power but WLK has three elite Defenders with size.

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have Milk, because I am not a terrorist.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is a close one. Even with Harden on his 1st half they mesh well just like Wlk's 1st half. I like KG in that lineup but Wlk's overall.
On the 2nd half I like Wlk's overall defense better but I really like Milks as well with a slight edge.

That being said, Wlk wins barely.

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would have kept Baylor in the 2nd half. I love what WLK did but Griffin will have to go back to the locker room and put a dress on because of what Barkley does to him.

I still say people pay WAY to much attention to defense in these drafts like somehow if you have a great defender he shuts down the player he's guarding on every possession. Just my opinions, I think Milk keeps it close in the 1st and takes the lead in the 2nd.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would have kept Baylor in the 2nd half. I love what WLK did but Griffin will have to go back to the locker room and put a dress on because of what Barkley does to him.

I still say people pay WAY to much attention to defense in these drafts like somehow if you have a great defender he shuts down the player he's guarding on every possession. Just my opinions, I think Milk keeps it close in the 1st and takes the lead in the 2nd.

Well defense all depends on the matchup. The fact is when you have great teams composed like this great offense will beat great defense. I look most at how pieces fit and also individual matchups. So defense is important but I dont weigh that to be a huge factor.

wlk3

Me and the guys
Hoopla Cash
$ 168,223.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don't see how having elite defenders don't slow better than having no defenders...

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have always wondered why Harden is the most hated player around here... He is easily a top 5 offensive current player...

I also, hid his so called terrible defense, with some very good defense, just in case...

wlk3

Me and the guys
Hoopla Cash
$ 168,223.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have always wondered why Harden is the most hated player around here... He is easily a top 5 offensive current player...

I also, hid his so called terrible defense, with some very good defense, just in case...

I don't think he's hated more so he's not playing defense... You hide it decent, but I'm not sure where you are going to make up the points... The guy he's guarding is not only one of the best defenders in the NBA, which apparently doesn't matter to Nos... But he holds the record for 37 points in a quarter... I'm pretty unsure Nos if your point is defense doesn't matter how you can ignore how much more firepower I have in my first half unit... How exactly does he stay close...? Which means you're saying He's going to kill me in the second half... It's pretty tough to follow that when I can help off Barkley with Gasol in the paint, and off Clyde on the perimeter if I must which I don't see a reason to in space... But let's say Barkley scores because defense doesn't matter... How does Griffin not get his back...? Barkley is on record saying he didn't play defense and Blake is a score... Butler is a scorer, Kawhi is a scorer, Glove is a scorer... We both have Centers who are known for passing more than scoring... Our second units are very similar with the only difference being my players played both ends and he only has 1 player that did such... So what you're saying is, his slight better offense is going to beat my slightly better defense in group 2, but my clearly superior offense won't beat the breaks off his defensive first team which is not better than the defense of my first team... Makes no sense...

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I actually liked that you moved Mcgrady to the 2nd. Your 1st half actually meshes well. I thought both you and Wlk had great teams. Very close and it could have went either way honestly. I was so close to voting for your team.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do think WLK got some recency bias in this matchup... but that is me crying over spilt milk...

And WLK, you know i love how you sell your teams... you did it again, would have loved to see you sell my team...

wlk3

Me and the guys
Hoopla Cash
$ 168,223.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do think WLK got some recency bias in this matchup... but that is me crying over spilt milk...

And WLK, you know i love how you sell your teams... you did it again, would have loved to see you sell my team...

I thought you'd like this one... :yes:

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ritz said he can post bc of sp. He votes Wlk