• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

1990 - 2015 NFL Draft Playoff Game 1 : Ritz vs Nos

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
RITZY

OFFENSE
QB - Kurt Warner
RB - Emmitt Smith
FB - Larry Centers
WR - Randy Moss
WR - Terrell Owens
WR - Larry Fitzgerald
TE - Jeremy Shockey
OT - Joe Staley
OG - Marshal Yanda
C - Olin Kreutz
OG - Josh Sitton
OT - Jon Runyan

DEFENSE
DE - Justin Smith
NT - Vince Wilfork
DE - Aaron Smith
OLB - Terrell Suggs
ILB - NaVorro Bowman
ILB - Carlos Dansby
OLB - Clay Matthews III
CB - Champ Bailey
CB - Troy Vincent
CB - Vontae Davis
SS - Eric Berry
FS - Antrel Rolle

VERSUS

NOS

OFFENSE
QB - Tom Brady
RB - Marshall Faulk
RB - Edgerrin James
WR - Marvin Harrison
WR - Brandon Marshall
WR - Jimmy Smith
TE - Jason Witten
LT - Willie Roaf
LG - Alan Faneca
C - Ryan Kalil
RG - Jahri Evans
RT - Willie Anderson

DEFENSE
DE - John Abraham
DT - Haloti Ngata
DT - Gerald McCoy
DE - Simeon Rice
OLB - Takeo Spikes
MLB - Patrick Willis
OLB - Mo Lewis
CB - Aeneas Williams
CB - Charles Tillman
CB - Patrick Surtain
SS - Roy Williams
FS - Darren Sharper

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
RITZ - 4
NOS - 3

VOTED - Mebert, Nos, EHB, Ritz, UK, Femurov, 500

Last edited by a moderator:

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is another good one. Nos's wins in the trenches for sure, but I like Ritzs skill players a lot more. I was not a fan of the Edge pick, I don't think he adds a different element to the run game, and he loses some of the pass game when he is in. I suppose both could play at once, but I am not a huge fan of that either. I take Ritz for this one

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't want him to add a different element, he was a very good receiver out of the backfield. If it aint broke don't fix it. They will not be on the field together, Edge gives Faulk a breather...

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who covers Faulk? Ritz stays in a base 3-4 and i'll tear him apart. My ends have more than 250 sacks I get pressure on Warner all day. Brady has lots of time. I love Ritz's team but this is a bad matchup for him. I think I win this one going away.

Nos 44
Ritz 31

Ritzarmy

RIP WLK Loving father, husband, & friend to ALL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nos had the exact same receivers when he won it all. That draft their was no draft restrictions so the secondaries were a lot better. Well with this being 1990-2015 the secondaries are a lot weaker. I just don't see my tall over 6"3 receivers being stopped by Nos's team. My offensive line has Yanda and Sitton two of the greatest guards in the NFL today and Yanda might be a top 5 guard of all time. Joe Staley is also a top NFL left tackle and Jon Runyan was just a big big man that mauled guys. My defense has studs on each line. Wilfork is beast in the middle, Bowman leads the league in tackles and always been tops in tackles since joining the league and Champ Bailey has the most pro bowls out of any player in this draft. (I believe) I drafted tall corners and safeties to help prevent the jump ball. Nos said he didn't know if Moss and TO could play together. It's a one game matchup like the super bowl. Not a full season or we would have drafted a backup QB. So my receivers can bitch after the game that they only got 2 TD's each compared to 3 but I think the super bowl ring would calm them down. Larry Centers blocking for Emmitt Smith would be giving my team a lot of second and 5. My receivers and TE Shockey could easily get the remainder 5 yards and more. My prediction Ritz 37 Nos 34

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't want him to add a different element, he was a very good receiver out of the backfield. If it aint broke don't fix it. They will not be on the field together, Edge gives Faulk a breather...

It is just a preference, but I am not a fan a similar backs on the same team. If there is a 2nd RB I would much rather have diversity in the lineup. I am not saying I am right or wrong on it, but it is how I see it for my vote.

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still like ritz's WR corps.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Both teams have advantages IMO. I think the 1st key for Nos is stopping the run of Emmitt, and he has a nice set of run stuffing LB's to help out. I didn't get the 2nd RB pick for either team. In the way we are setting up, 24 players instead of 48, it's not about getting guys a blow, no one plays every play but the QB's in a real game, it's about weapons. Another TE or blocking FB would have helped both squads. I think that would have really helped Nos to have a mismatch against Ritz 3-4 set. I do think it helps Ritz to have a guy like Bailey who can cover Marshall straight up. On the other side, the biggest mismatch is Ritz WR's against Nos secondary. Nos has good but not great cover guys, with Roy Williams being very much an in the box safety. I may be wrong, but in a matchup this close, taking James, who is primarily just another version of Faulk, hurt Nos

Ritz 28
Nos 27

Pack 500

Hoopla Cash
$ 142,380.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Ritz' issue here is his tackles aren't very strong and Nos has great pressure DEs. That's the way to beat a deep passing team. I'll lean Nos

wlk3

Me and the guys
Hoopla Cash
$ 168,223.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think this is a tough one... IMO the best way to slow down Ritzy is to keep him off the field... It not only keeps his receivers off the field it doesn't allow for momentum... I gotta believe in any shootout Ritz is going to win because these receivers are too good with a gun slinger like Warner...

Ritz - 49
Nos - 45

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Both teams have advantages IMO. I think the 1st key for Nos is stopping the run of Emmitt, and he has a nice set of run stuffing LB's to help out. I didn't get the 2nd RB pick for either team. In the way we are setting up, 24 players instead of 48, it's not about getting guys a blow, no one plays every play but the QB's in a real game, it's about weapons. Another TE or blocking FB would have helped both squads. I think that would have really helped Nos to have a mismatch against Ritz 3-4 set. I do think it helps Ritz to have a guy like Bailey who can cover Marshall straight up. On the other side, the biggest mismatch is Ritz WR's against Nos secondary. Nos has good but not great cover guys, with Roy Williams being very much an in the box safety. I may be wrong, but in a matchup this close, taking James, who is primarily just another version of Faulk, hurt Nos

Ritz 28
Nos 27

Don't need a blocking fullback for Faulk. James was selected to continue with the same offense we run with Faulk. Not sure I understand your opinions here.

Ritzarmy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Ritz' issue here is his tackles aren't very strong and Nos has great pressure DEs. That's the way to beat a deep passing team. I'll lean Nos

Joe Staley you say isn't that good is laughable. He is a 5x pro bowler and Google top tackles in the NFL today he is on every list. Runyan was just a beast when he played. Well we are entitled to our opinions and thanks for voting.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't need a blocking fullback for Faulk. James was selected to continue with the same offense we run with Faulk. Not sure I understand your opinions here.
OK, I will try and clarify. If you had added a 2nd TE, that would be an entirely new set you could use. If you added another WR instead of Edge, that's another set that you could have used. With 12 players, I don't see the advantage of adding a guy that would only be coming in to spell a guy instead of adding variety to your attack

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL...

Great job Ritz, good luck going forward...

Ritzarmy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK, I will try and clarify. If you had added a 2nd TE, that would be an entirely new set you could use. If you added another WR instead of Edge, that's another set that you could have used. With 12 players, I don't see the advantage of adding a guy that would only be coming in to spell a guy instead of adding variety to your attack

You said that nos and I didn't have a blocking FB. Are you saying Centers couldn't block? I feel having a pass catching FB brings another dimension to my offense. He could block for Emmitt or go out and catch a screen pass.

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Thanks for your input.

Ritzarmy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL...

Great job Ritz, good luck going forward...

Thanks Nos. Great job to you as well. You put together a awesome defense and also a very nice offense lead by Brady would be awesome to watch on Sundays. :suds: