• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: #15 Washington @ Stanford | 7:30PM PST - ESPN

BoiseMike19

10 inch Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 450.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean everyone is entitled to their opinion, but all this Petersen hate seems a bit hasty. I mean look at the UofW program for literally 20 years prior to his arrival. Now look at the last 6 years. It's not just the record, it's the perception of honor in the program. People that aren't UofW fans may not get it, but if you are one, I know you do. I mean so you aren't going to the Natty....but, you sure as hell aren't 2-10.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
just returned from a trip and watched the dvr'd game. we looked more like i hoped we would. given injuries, lack of a marquee running back, and early defensive troubles - things seem to have settled down.

i assume k.j is hurt worse than we thought.

too bad we were completely non-competetive against ucf, usc, and ore.

and wash looked completely ordinary

michaeljordan_fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
just returned from a trip and watched the dvr'd game. we looked more like i hoped we would. given injuries, lack of a marquee running back, and early defensive troubles - things seem to have settled down.

i assume k.j is hurt worse than we thought.

too bad we were completely non-competetive against ucf, usc, and ore.

and wash looked completely ordinary

That's because Washington is completely ordinary.

michaeljordan_fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean everyone is entitled to their opinion, but all this Petersen hate seems a bit hasty. I mean look at the UofW program for literally 20 years prior to his arrival. Now look at the last 6 years. It's not just the record, it's the perception of honor in the program. People that aren't UofW fans may not get it, but if you are one, I know you do. I mean so you aren't going to the Natty....but, you sure as hell aren't 2-10.

This. No one is going to replace Petersen and replicate his success.

If they run him out of town they return to 6-8 win seasons.

BoiseMike19

10 inch Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 450.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This. No one is going to replace Petersen and replicate his success.

If they run him out of town they return to 6-8 win seasons.
I'm not immune by any means, but it is always amazing to me how fast the expectation bar raises once you register just a few successful seasons. I mean the Huskies spent a decade plus lingering between the trash heap and mediocrity, now all of the sudden even 10-2 is a total failure. Even bigger example is UCF fans. It is a big picture program thing you have got to focus on. The UofW is in most big boy discussions the last few years and will be for the next few at least, for the first time in a quarter of a century. Be more thankful and a little less greedy.

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not immune by any means, but it is always amazing to me how fast the expectation bar raises once you register just a few successful seasons. I mean the Huskies spent a decade plus lingering between the trash heap and mediocrity, now all of the sudden even 10-2 is a total failure. Even bigger example is UCF fans. It is a big picture program thing you have got to focus on. The UofW is in most big boy discussions the last few years and will be for the next few at least, for the first time in a quarter of a century. Be more thankful and a little less greedy.
Petersen has done good things for UW .. what myself and other UW fans are pointing out is that he loses games that he shouldn't be by making stupid ass play calls while hiring fvcktard OC's.

BoiseMike19

10 inch Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 450.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Petersen has done good things for UW .. what myself and other UW fans are pointing out is that he loses games that he shouldn't be by making stupid ass play calls while hiring fvcktard OC's.
I don't know enough to stick up for Bush Hamdin, but ALL coaches fuck up, or at least make decisions us backseat quarterbacks question in hindsight. Bottom line is your teams program is in better shape than it has been in a long time. For the first time in a long time your team has national cred. Heaven forbid you go 8-4 and lose your Bowl game.....even if you do you will still be ranked in the preseason Top 25 next year. That's the biggest contribution a coach can make to a program without winning it all.

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know enough to stick up for Bush Hamdin, but ALL coaches fuck up, or at least make decisions us backseat quarterbacks question in hindsight. Bottom line is your teams program is in better shape than it has been in a long time. For the first time in a long time your team has national cred. Heaven forbid you go 8-4 and lose your Bowl game.....even if you do you will still be ranked in the preseason Top 25 next year. That's the biggest contribution a coach can make to a program without winning it all.
Washington Huskies

Hamdan played quarterback at Boise State, earning three varsity letters in 2006, 2007 and 2008. He won the Bronco Excellence Award following his senior season. His last three seasons, all played under Petersen, the Broncos posted a 35-4 overall record, including a perfect 13-0 mark and a win over Oklahoma in the Fiesta Bowl in 2006. He earned his bachelor's degree in communications from Boise State in 2008 and received his master's in athletic administration from Idaho State in 2009.

BoiseMike19

10 inch Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 450.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Washington Huskies

Hamdan played quarterback at Boise State, earning three varsity letters in 2006, 2007 and 2008. He won the Bronco Excellence Award following his senior season. His last three seasons, all played under Petersen, the Broncos posted a 35-4 overall record, including a perfect 13-0 mark and a win over Oklahoma in the Fiesta Bowl in 2006. He earned his bachelor's degree in communications from Boise State in 2008 and received his master's in athletic administration from Idaho State in 2009.
Oh, I know who Hamdin was as a player. He got passed over as a Senior by a true Freshman in Kellen Moore. Initially a bit of a controversy that was soon forgotten. I don't know much about his coaching career other than he was hired pretty much right out of college as a coach out east...I think Maryland.

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, I know who Hamdin was as a player. He got passed over as a Senior by a true Freshman in Kellen Moore. Initially a bit of a controversy that was soon forgotten. I don't know much about his coaching career other than he was hired pretty much right out of college as a coach out east...I think Maryland.
He was decent as a position coach but he seems out of his realm as the OC. No QB development and his play calling is less than desirable.

BoiseMike19

10 inch Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 450.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was decent as a position coach but he seems out of his realm as the OC. No QB development and his play calling is less than desirable.
Again, can't argue with you. Whenever the UofW is on TV I'm flipping into watch them, but I don't think I've watched more than 20 minutes straight in quite awhile.

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again, can't argue with you. Whenever the UofW is on TV I'm flipping into watch them, but I don't think I've watched more than 20 minutes straight in quite awhile.
A lot of UW fans would like to see Kellen Moore as the new OC but Washington doesn't have Dallas Cowboy type money to pull him away from that job.

BoiseMike19

10 inch Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 450.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A lot of UW fans would like to see Kellen Moore as the new OC but Washington doesn't have Dallas Cowboy type money to pull him away from that job.
Hey, when Harsin jumps ship for the next bigger thing, and he will eventually, we have dreams of Moore taking his place. We could make a sound offer based on his salary today, but by the time that happens the dude will be head coach of an NFL team.

Angry red

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't even know this game was played. Who won?