• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

'14-'15 B1G basketball thread

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty pumped to see what the gophers can do. That offense is clicking right now. Sure, they have been pounding cupcakes but in a year where everyone else is slipping up only 1 was close and in that one Furman couldn't get a D stop on the offense. With the weak Big10 I think the gophers can challenge for a top 4 spot. They create steals and share the ball as good as anyone in the country at insane rates. The 1 thing leaving me and probably outsiders hesitant is games like St Johns against decent-quality teams. They just go full brain dead at times, get sloppy and abandon what is working. The rebounding sucks ass though.

wiskyisgood12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty pumped to see what the gophers can do. That offense is clicking right now. Sure, they have been pounding cupcakes but in a year where everyone else is slipping up only 1 was close and in that one Furman couldn't get a D stop on the offense. With the weak Big10 I think the gophers can challenge for a top 4 spot. They create steals and share the ball as good as anyone in the country at insane rates. The 1 thing leaving me and probably outsiders hesitant is games like St Johns against decent-quality teams. They just go full brain dead at times, get sloppy and abandon what is working. The rebounding sucks ass though.

I was just going to say, the pressure they can create on defense is going to win them some games. As we get into February and March they'll be able to get into people's legs a little bit more. Wouldn't surprise me to see the Gophers in the top 4. You guys should be great on the boards with Walker and Eliason.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was just going to say, the pressure they can create on defense is going to win them some games. As we get into February and March they'll be able to get into people's legs a little bit more. Wouldn't surprise me to see the Gophers in the top 4. You guys should be great on the boards with Walker and Eliason.

Yeah the gophers should be better at rebounding but it ain't working right now. Walker is slimmed down and is getting real good on offense but doesn't own the boards. Eliason is pretty garbage these days.

The dre combo have been a little inconsistent. Andre is battling turf toe and I wish he would take over games. It appears Morris is the go to guy, he can get his shots when he wants. Mason is a stud.

Biggest issue is depth. If any of the guards go down especially Morris its game over

Team can challenge though. Big first two road games.