• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: #13 WVU @ #17 TX | 2:30CT | FOX

Hook'Em0608

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 623.24
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So now that I've processed the loss...

I want ask people who watched this game a question. So watching our defense, I've noticed something. We put no more than 6 people in the box on any given play (often 5), yet we always have a DB on an island with no safety help. What is the point of a light box if you are leaving your DB on an island anyway? This scheme fucking blows and Anthony Wheeler is being scapegoated. Yes, he sucks, but how the fuck do you constantly ask your DB's and LB's to have to play a perfect game every single week to be effective???

What exactly are our safeties doing if they aren't helping with the run and they aren't guarding against deep balls?

Orlando tried to steal this defense from Iowa St last year and it worked really well to end the year. They've caught up to it, and since it wasn't his from the beginning, he hasn't been able to adjust like Iowa St.

Wishbone

Robust Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Slag

Boots. And Blood
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wanted Texas to win this but that timeout at the end
They deserved to loose Wv an Ou in the title game

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good game long horn fans.

The better team didn’t win today but fuck it.

Hook'Em0608

Hoopla Cash
$ 623.24
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good game long horn fans.

The better team didn’t win today but fuck it.

Meh, our offense played above their heads and our defense has been trending this way all year. I think we are who we are and you guys were on the road. So I don't see how we are the better team.

Wishbone

Robust Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Texas has lost their last 2 games and could easily lose their next 2 vs Tech and Isu.

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Meh, our offense played above their heads and our defense has been trending this way all year. I think we are who we are and you guys were on the road. So I don't see how we are the better team.

You controlled the game and our defense. You can put a lot of slack on the longhorn defense today but the mountaineer defense was far worse. Ehlinger tore us up. Your receivers were wide open the whole damn game. I can assure Texas was the better team today. An I would be saying that if y’all would have won too.

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why do super genius coaches feel the need to give kicker a 2nd try at a FG???

Any reasonable kicker can make a kick if given multiple tries.

If you are going to ICE THEM, don't let them get a practice try off....just ice them long before they kick it.

Coach MENSA looks like an asswipe again.

All 107,000 fans and every single person watching on TV knew those 3 points would come back and haunt Texas.

Hook'Em0608

Hoopla Cash
$ 623.24
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You controlled the game and our defense. You can put a lot of slack on the longhorn defense today but the mountaineer defense was far worse. Ehlinger tore us up. Your receivers were wide open the whole damn game. I can assure Texas was the better team today. An I would be saying that if y’all would have won too.

Maybe if we weren't missing so many guys on defense I could agree, but the team on the field I felt like the better team won. You are forgetting all the penalties you guys had or you probably would have scored even more. We were completely overmatched defensively. If you wanted, you could have just ran it all game and kept our offense off the field.

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe if we weren't missing so many guys on defense I could agree, but the team on the field I felt like the better team won. You are forgetting all the penalties you guys had or you probably would have scored even more. We were completely overmatched defensively. If you wanted, you could have just ran it all game and kept our offense off the field.

Yes you guys were missing a ton on D. That sucked.

As for penalties, by the end of the game I think you guys had more of a gripe then we did. Our D is so bad it was embarrassing. Your D gots some stops, WVUs D relied on stupid shit happening.

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now, we have to root for WVU

IF they can take care of business versus the Sooners at home, Texas can move right back into the title game

But, then again the Sooners havent even kicked off in Lubbock yet

Not going to happen. The teams in this conference never fucking sack up against the Sooners when they have to.

GoldRusher

Hoopla Cash
$ 768.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why do super genius coaches feel the need to give kicker a 2nd try at a FG???

Any reasonable kicker can make a kick if given multiple tries.

If you are going to ICE THEM, don't let them get a practice try off....just ice them long before they kick it.

Coach MENSA looks like an asswipe again.

All 107,000 fans and every single person watching on TV knew those 3 points would come back and haunt Texas.
agree, scouting would show that our kicker appreciated the practice shot, meaning, he aint very good on his best day. I said it when it happened, he should have left him be, and sure enough, he missed the first one.

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There were not many STOPS, but WVU got lucky on some of the more critical STOPS.

1) WVU got their only 2nd half stop on a helmet falling off rule which I did not even know was a rule.
2) Texas had one stop nullified because of a make believe horse collar penalty that doesnt exist in the rulebook.
3) Texas had one stop nullified because the coach decided to give their kicker a 2nd kick.

That ended up in being 13 point swing due to mostly blind stinking luck favoring the Mountaineer.

Texas has shitty defense, but as usual during the last 8 years, they had even worse luck.

GoldRusher

Hoopla Cash
$ 768.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Said it during the game, BOTH Texas and WVU need to contact the league over the officiating in this one. Complete garbage

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not going to happen. The teams in this conference never fucking sack up against the Sooners when they have to.

Those assholes out in Lubbock sometimes do....... Got to root for them.

Texas always seems to win in Lubbock, but the Sooner are more like a 50/50 shot. Tech gives them fits.

Probably wont happen, but that is the only other team besides Texas who actually plays tough vs OU.

Phantom

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They scored not much you can say. Texas lost because the defense is undisciplined, boardering on stupid. Safety can’t let someone behind them with 20 seconds to go. Not to mention trotting Wheeler out there every play is just insanity

I know it's easy to look back and second guess, but they were moving the ball fairly easily. Keep driving the ball down the field and run time off the clock. Even 3 points would have been good with less than a minute left. That would put a lot of pressure on WV. Odds say, they wouldn't have been able to drive the entire field. Who knows. Just an opinion.