• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: 12/8 Dubs @ Wolves 5p Tip

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Barbosa has been an above average 3 point shooter his entire career. He had a down year with Phoenix last year and it has continued on to this season.

Rather than eliminating the threat of a 3 point shot all together from the repertoire, he needs to just put some more practice in at the gym. From what I've seen from Barbosa, he doesn't look to be settling for threes. I'd venture to say at least half of the looks were good clean ones. A majority of the rest have been towards the end of the shot clock.

I'd rather he get some opportunities to get out of the funk earlier in the season than just stop shooting all together. Having Livingston, Iguodala, and Barbosa struggling to shoot from the outside would cause some problems down the line.

And I'm not sure if you noticed, but he was 7 for 25 (28%) for the year. Again, very limited playing time, very little sample size. Thanks, CS.

JustOneDennisBergkamp

Gunner for Life
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Barbosa has been an above average 3 point shooter his entire career. He had a down year with Phoenix last year and it has continued on to this season.

Rather than eliminating the threat of a 3 point shot all together from the repertoire, he needs to just put some more practice in at the gym. From what I've seen from Barbosa, he doesn't look to be settling for threes. I'd venture to say at least half of the looks were good clean ones. A majority of the rest have been towards the end of the shot clock.

I'd rather he get some opportunities to get out of the funk earlier in the season than just stop shooting all together. Having Livingston, Iguodala, and Barbosa struggling to shoot from the outside would cause some problems down the line.
Perhaps I am overreacting to what I have seen thus far and from last season's limited sample. That said, he is an aging vet, and sometimes the legs just won't support the long ball consistently. Not everyone can age like Ray Allen.

I still want to him to stop taking the shot as a first look in the offense.

JustOneDennisBergkamp

Gunner for Life
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No. When no one can look and see that if a guy is a lifetime 39% 3-pt shooter that he's probably a decent 3-pt shooter, the only conclusion I can reach is that everyone's just sticking together. I certainly have seen enough of y'all to know that you aren't dumb.

I'm guessing that if Barbosa is taking his 3's before Kerr wants them to be shot that Kerr will let him know. I'm also guessing that Kerr is well aware of how well Barbosa has shot 3-pointers during his NBA career. I'm not going to toss aside a shooting guard's entire career stats because he's currently shooting way less than he has on a team that he's just joined. You all can, but I'll have to see a larger sample size before I do it.
"Paranoia, the destroyer!"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_WJ6FbcWYRU

JustOneDennisBergkamp

Gunner for Life
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, well, I'd just rather not pop my mouth off in the face of stats that suggest that I am wrong, especially after someone new to a team has shot 24 3-pointers thus far this year. I'd rather let the year happen and then see how things go.
"... pop my mouth off..." Oooooo.

Whether we disagree about when and if Leandro should be shooting threes, the notion that we were ganging up against you is silly, to say the least.

Lighten up, mate.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whoa whoa whoa. I'm on your side.

:lol:

Sorry, I should have said "All of you but CitySushi can.....". I thought you'd know that I wasn't talking about you, but I should have been more clear.

Surgery went great, by the way. I ran an hour of errands by myself after my brother brought me back home.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"... pop my mouth off..." Oooooo.

Whether we disagree about when and if Leandro should be shooting threes, the notion that we were ganging up against you is silly, to say the least.

Lighten up, mate.

"Ganging up on you" is a bit different from "sticking together".

I have no allegiance to Leandro Barbosa, not that anyone said I did. I merely had my eyebrow raised when multiple people gasped at the fact that he was shooting 3s. So, I took the time to look up the stats and realized that this feeling and these posts weren't warranted, or maybe "weren't supported by the facts pertaining to Barbosa's career stats.

Also, someone made an argument about "why have Barbosa shooting 3s when you have Klay, Steph and Draymond, etc. shooting them. However, having more good 3-point shooters only creates more good open shots for others on the team.

Okay, I'll shut up on this issue. I'm sort of known for my propensity to disagree with others. I hope I don't wear out my welcome here. It wouldn't be the first time it had happened.:agree:

I wanted to toss in a random emoticon/sign just to confuse everyone. "I agree" was the least offensive one I could find.