• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

11 Of The Next 14 At Home

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
........10 and 4 record is what I predict. They'll get back in the divisional race with this stretch.

ColinCoby

"Duff Man…Oh Yeah!"
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,351.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here are the next 16 games. A lot of winnable matchups...even on the road.

Minnesota

Portland

Washington

Clips

@ Utah

Charlotte

Chicago

@ Phoenix

Philadelphia

Miami

@ Sacramento

Houston

Brooklyn

@ Detroit

@Chicago

@NY Knicks

ColinCoby

"Duff Man…Oh Yeah!"
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,351.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see 11-5 or 10-6.

Perhaps better if the defense rebounds. These ugly 1st quarters are killing us.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see 11-5 or 10-6.

Perhaps better if the defense rebounds. These ugly 1st quarters are killing us.

I see 12 games where they should be favored but, as is their wont, the Warriors will blow a couple and maybe throw in a surprise win somehwere so 11 sounds about right. They would have beaten the Pacers last night if they could rebound. 30 second chance points to 8 is hard to overcome.

_so_money_

Dubmaster
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This team isn't disciplined enough to always win the ones they should easily. I'll say 9-5 over the next 14.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This team isn't disciplined enough to always win the ones they should easily. I'll say 9-5 over the next 14.

Its not just the discipline it is the lack of preparedness for what needs to be done in certain situations that hurts them. Look at The Thunder or The Spurs, when they come out of a timeout they know exactly what they want to do and how to execute it because Popovich has prepared them. Jackson provides nothing during a timeout and that is why the Dubs look so confused at the end of close games.

_so_money_

Dubmaster
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its not just the discipline it is the lack of preparedness for what needs to be done in certain situations that hurts them.

Well to me, preparation speaks to discipline as well. I suppose you could argue it's incompetence, we don't really know whether they are just failing to prepare at all, or just preparing poorly.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well to me, preparation speaks to discipline as well. I suppose you could argue it's incompetence, we don't really know whether they are just failing to prepare at all, or just preparing poorly.

You can be disciplined all you want but if there is no plan in place to execute what do you do? They let you listen in to the huddles during timeouts and jackson is not diagrmming anything. He is just giving them a motivational speech.

Heathbar012

Senioritis Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can be disciplined all you want but if there is no plan in place to execute what do you do? They let you listen in to the huddles during timeouts and jackson is not diagrmming anything. He is just giving them a motivational speech.

You're taking the small window that they let us look through and turning it into a door to a magical land where generalizations and feelings equal facts. You have no idea what MJ does at practice, what he says in various player's ears throughout a game, etc. I agree that this team has been undisciplined and looks unprepared in certain sets, but diagramming plays is for assistant coaches and these guys know how to beat over half the League. The only thing he can do come game time is motivate them to stay focused, take care of the basketball and hustle on D. The rest has to rely on who is hot that night.

EDIT: Most of the complaints come down to a lack of focus by a bunch of guys in their mid-to-late 20s. Go figure.

Last edited by a moderator:

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I suppose you could argue that the Warriors are terrible in late game situations, as their record does support that. The Warriors are 6-8 in games decided by 5 points or less. You can also take that with a grain of salt because their losses have come by: @Spurs, @OKC, @Dallas, @Cha, Hou, @Phoenix, Spurs, @BKN. 6 of those games were on the road and the two home losses were by superior teams.

Seeing as the majority of our losses have come in games on the road, it leads me to believe that the source of the losses are much more the lack of discipline from the players, than the coach. The two home losses...well one, you're not going to out coach Pop in the last minute situations. The Houston game, I don't recall what happened, but they're a very talented team and one that kind of has our number right now.

Making a blanket statement like saying "Jackson is problem" in late game situations is really unfounded. Also making a statement like Jackson is just a motivational speaker is weak. Trust me, I know. I was one of the original members of the "Jackson is a motivational speaker, not a coach" club. Over the course of the last two years, I've seen dramatic improvement from him as a coach and seeing how that translate to the way the Warriors play. If the Warriors extended him another 3-4 years tomorrow, I would have absolutely no problems with it.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm going with 13-3 in the next 16 games. The toughest road game they will face will likely be Phoenix. The Warriors typically struggle against good 3 point shooting teams. Other than that they should fare pretty well on the road.

The Warriors do have some tough games against Minny, Portland, Clips, Heat, Rockets and even Nets (with the way they're playing right now). If there's one thing that you know about the Warriors is that they get up for big games at home. I think they go 4-2 against these teams with the most likely losses coming to Heat and Rockets.

Normally I'm more pessimistic about predictions, but with a lot of time at home (and practice time with the new crew) I think we'll see a very good upcoming run.

ColinCoby

"Duff Man…Oh Yeah!"
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,351.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What worries me is, while the Warriors are greatly improved defensively, there are times (almost every first quarter in fact) where they simply cannot stop the other team from scoring. I'm not sure if the team is undisciplined, unprepared, too young (we forget how many young guys still make up the rotation) or, (my fear) the team is simply not athletic enough to consistently stop above average offensive players from getting open looks.

As much as I'd love to believe this team can challenge for a championship, the reality is it has a lot of growing to do...and some tweaking. With a stacked western division, there are going to be stretches where we are more frustrated than thrilled with the team's performance.

ColinCoby

"Duff Man…Oh Yeah!"
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,351.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Minnesota Likely win.

Portland Likely loss.

Washington Win

Clips Toss up

@ Utah Win

Charlotte Win

Chicago Win

@ Phoenix Likely loss

Philadelphia Win

Miami Likely loss

@ Sacramento Likely win

Houston Toss up

Brooklyn Win

@ Detroit Likely Win

@Chicago Likely win

@NY Knicks Likely win

11-3 with three toss up games. (perhaps a few good or bad surprises as well)

I'd be thrilled with 12-4

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're taking the small window that they let us look through and turning it into a door to a magical land where generalizations and feelings equal facts. You have no idea what MJ does at practice, what he says in various player's ears throughout a game, etc. I agree that this team has been undisciplined and looks unprepared in certain sets, but diagramming plays is for assistant coaches and these guys know how to beat over half the League. The only thing he can do come game time is motivate them to stay focused, take care of the basketball and hustle on D. The rest has to rely on who is hot that night.

EDIT: Most of the complaints come down to a lack of focus by a bunch of guys in their mid-to-late 20s. Go figure.

You don't believe that they can anticipate and simulate the next situation in an upcoming game during practice are you? They need to know right then and there during the timeout what to do in this specific situation and what to fall back upon if the other teams takes that away.

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Warriors are a good team, probably better than last year's team. May not change their playoff seeding much, with the Western conference even better than last year.

And seeding counts. A lot. The NBA probably has the least surprises in terms of who makes the Finals. The 'best' teams, which everyone can see, generally make it. This year we all know it's Indiana or Miami out of the East, and San Antonio or OKC out of the West. Portland to me is just on the cusp but they need a year of playoff experience first.

Have a look at which seeds make the finals:

Long odds for low seeds in NBA playoffs - Stats Driven - Boston sports statistics blog

So being a fan of the NBA generally means knowing what is likely to happen each year. But you hope to see improvement, and the Ws are showing that this year. Maybe next year if they can add some bench depth.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Cmon, Heath. You know that Nolan can tell everything from his TV set. On his jet plane. From Mallorca.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Warriors are a good team, probably better than last year's team. May not change their playoff seeding much, with the Western conference even better than last year.

And seeding counts. A lot. The NBA probably has the least surprises in terms of who makes the Finals. The 'best' teams, which everyone can see, generally make it. This year we all know it's Indiana or Miami out of the East, and San Antonio or OKC out of the West. Portland to me is just on the cusp but they need a year of playoff experience first.
Have a look at which seeds make the finals:

Long odds for low seeds in NBA playoffs - Stats Driven - Boston sports statistics blog

So being a fan of the NBA generally means knowing what is likely to happen each year. But you hope to see improvement, and the Ws are showing that this year. Maybe next year if they can add some bench depth.

Portland came out of nowhere for me. I thought they were just a mediocre run-of-the-mill NBA club, but they are really good. Barring injury to Curry or Bogut, the Warriors will make the playoffs then we'll just have to see who is hot.

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Portland came out of nowhere for me. I thought they were just a mediocre run-of-the-mill NBA club, but they are really good. Barring injury to Curry or Bogut, the Warriors will make the playoffs then we'll just have to see who is hot.

Well, my point was the NBA playoffs, with 4 7-game series', weeds out the lesser teams and the best teams make the Finals. It's really really rare for a lesser team to 'get hot' and actually get there. The Knicks were an 8 seed and made the finals in 1999 which was a strike shortened year to boot, and the 6 seed 1995 Rockets somehow won the whole thing. A lower seed might get hot for a game or two, or even a series, but series after series the lesser teams just cannot win against better ones in the playoffs (barring major injury)

With the NBA after the regular season determines the seeds, you kind of know which 3-4 teams have any shot at the title. It's not a crap shoot like baseball, or a partial one like football.

Last edited by a moderator:

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, my point was the NBA playoffs, with 4 7-game series', weeds out the lesser teams and the best teams make the Finals. It's really really rare for a lesser team to 'get hot' and actually get there. The Knicks were an 8 seed and made the finals in 1999 which was a strike shortened year to boot, and the 6 seed 1995 Rockets somehow won the whole thing. A lower seed might get hot for a game or two, or even a series, but series after series the lesser teams just cannot win against better ones in the playoffs (barring major injury)

With the NBA after the regular season determines the seeds, you kind of know which 3-4 teams have any shot at the title. It's not a crap shoot like baseball, or a partial one like football.

Agreed. Its going to be very tough to beat a disciplined team like the Spurs 4 times in one series. Higher seed gets home court as well I believe. I can't remember the last time a Warrior team won a game in Texas. Up by 16 with 4:20 to go in game 1 last year and lost.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
5 and 5 so far. Looks like we were all pretty far off in our predictions for this cake part of the schedule.