• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

JohnU

Aristocratic Hoosier
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The few games that Chapman has blown are memorable but there's no question, he's the hammer on this bullpen.

Nice offense today, even if it did stop functioning after the 4th inning (which is fairly common.)

All the same, unless we catch the Birds, we can't catch the Parrots.

flame-thrower-4901.jpg

Kate Upton

Hotter than Kate Upton
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm concerned about Chapman every time he goes out.

Never know what you're getting.

JohnU

Aristocratic Hoosier
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Big league hitters can beat big league pitchers. Always could.
I think we've learned to expect the 3-pitch blowaway strikeout.
Most of his outs need to come from something else.
Mistakes like the Denorfia HR should not happen too often.

Kate Upton

Hotter than Kate Upton
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Big league hitters can beat big league pitchers. Always could.
I think we've learned to expect the 3-pitch blowaway strikeout.
Most of his outs need to come from something else.
Mistakes like the Denorfia HR should not happen too often.

That's the thing...Chapman seems to give up HR's exclusively to bums.

Denorfia?

Galvis?

Ruggiano?

I realize that he can't be perfect, but when he's not throwing strikes, which is far too often this year, he's in trouble.

JohnU

Aristocratic Hoosier
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's the thing...Chapman seems to give up HR's exclusively to bums.

Denorfia?

Galvis?

Ruggiano?

I realize that he can't be perfect, but when he's not throwing strikes, which is far too often this year, he's in trouble.

I'd venture that even Ronny Cedeno could turn around a 101 if it's down the middle and he was expecting it. That's just something Chapman needs to stop doing. I agree it's troublesome but it's not like he has a problem with mechanics. It's just a brain cramp or perhaps a bit of arrogance. I would posit that the catcher needs to go out before he even throws a warmup and reminds him of that.

Redsfan1507

It is what it is
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow.

His K:BB ratio is dominant. So is his ERA,WHIP and save %. Statistically I have no clue what you are worried about.

He does have a tendency to get yarded by bums. But as long as MLB is hitting like Hanahan against Chapman, I'll take my chances.

No one gets outs without throwing strikes, unless you are Tom Glavine and always get that pitch 4 inches outside called strike 3.

All else equal, I worry more about the guys that get pounded when they throw strikes. Where do they have to go to get outs ? I know this, when Aroldis is off his game, with a walked runner or two on, he has a high potential of getting out of it with a K, no matter who is at the plate. Even though Arroyo or Leake don't walk as often, they don't have the same luxury tools as Chapman to get out of it, and often when they are off the game, it's location beating them too-INSIDE the zone, where their margin of error is much smaller than Chapmans...because they can't get misses in the entire zone like Chapman can.

I'd love to have a couple more just like Chapman.