• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: 102nd Grey Cup game - Calgary vs. Hamilton

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Calgary never makes it easy, do they? Woot Woot!!

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, and Hamilton didn't lose the game on that block in the back (and yes it was a clear block in the back as it happened about 50 feet away from me), they lost the game when they couldn't stick in the end zone when they had 1st and goal from the 3 yard line.

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sure I saw you Dash...you were the one in red, yes?

Red and gold, pix. Also, here's the capper on a great evening...

He's such a sweetheart, isn't he?

Last edited by a moderator:

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
By the way. the 50/50 draw winner took home a little over $192,000...

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Red and gold, pix. Also, here's the capper on a great evening...

He's such a sweetheart, isn't he?

Haaahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahha. Just read through his feed, good lord. How does he have those 40 followers?

By the way. the 50/50 draw winner took home a little over $192,000...

You Canadians and your 50/50s...geeeeez.

Last edited by a moderator:

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You Canadians and your 50/50s...geeeeez.

Its the whole winnings are tax free thing that does it for us

My brother did a sports trip earlier this month and went to a cleveland cavs game and the 50/50 was $3000 :ohwell:

Harry Crack

Best 8 sec's of her life
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My hair got a wee bit greyer in that last qtr

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My hair got a wee bit greyer in that last qtr

Yup, mine as well (lol) - Great performance by Bo Levi Mitchell yesterday and only 24 years old, it's scary to think that he could (and should) get even better.

/That goal line stand by the Stamps (1st and goal at the 3 for Hamilton) was the difference.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get motion sickness just thinking about the CFL.

Couldn't imagine foregoing Pats-Packers for that.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
congrats Dash. best team in the CFL won as they should. enjoy

was that a real penalty at the end? what a gut wrenching loss for hamilton

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
congrats Dash. best team in the CFL won as they should. enjoy

was that a real penalty at the end? what a gut wrenching loss for hamilton

Thanks Matty. As for your question, yup, that was your classic illegal block in the back that the entire CFL panel (Dunigan, Stegall, and Schultz) were in complete agreement that it was a legit penalty.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks Matty. As for your question, yup, that was your classic illegal block in the back that the entire CFL panel (Dunigan, Stegall, and Schultz) were in complete agreement that it was a legit penalty.

good. hate for any controversy on that one. I feel for banks but not hamilton as a whole, that cheap shot on your kicker was brutal and the taunting he did on him was worse.

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ill drop it here since i dropped a note about BC highschool football earlier in the thread

double a bchsf semis saturday night

DOUBLE A

SEMIFINALS

MISSION 62 BALLENAS 61 (OT)

VANCOUVER — It was almost like the football gods got together on Friday night and decided they wanted to create the highest scoring game in the history of B.C. high school football.

Two great rushing teams, the Double A tier’s two most productive rushers, and a snow-covered turf at UBC’s Thunderbird Stadium which seemed just solid enough from a footing standpoint to give an edge to the offence, all converged to create an explosion of scoring that teetered on insanity.

In the end, the Mission Roadrunners went to overtime to beat Parksville’s Ballenas Whalers 62-61 Saturday afternoon in a Subway Bowl provincial semifinal contest which is believed to be the highest scoring game in the entire history of B.C. high school football.

Mission quarterback Jesse Walker rushed for a 10-yard touchdown in the first overtime, then ran in the ensuing two-point convert to win the game.

On the day Walker rushed 24 times for 338 yards and eight touchdowns. But even more incredible was the fact that on the other side of the ledger, Ballenas running back Coltin LaPlante rushed 59 times for 442 yards and eight touchdowns. The B.C. high school single game rushing record of 491 yards, set in 2012 by former W.J. Mouat running back Maleek Irons, remained unbroken but it is doubtful two running backs have rushed for more than 780 yards in the same game in provincial history.

Yes, two 300-yard-plus rushing performances in the same game by two players who combined to split 16 rushing touchdowns right down the middle.

“That’s insane,” said Mission head coach Danny Jakobs, whose team will face defending champion John Barsby of Nanaimo in this coming Saturday’s Subway Bowl final at B.C. Place Stadium. “That has to be a record, too. It was just two outstanding athletes going toe to toe. And that No. 30 (LaPlante), he is just a warrior.”

Assisted off the field late in the game with a leg injury, LaPlante came back in at middle linebacker and to continued to play both ways to the end.

His two carries in overtime set up quarterback Garrin McDonnell’s one-yard TD keeper to give Ballenas a 61-54 lead in overtime.

Mission, however, had no hesitation to play for the win and not the tie following Walker’s touchdown.

“I asked my boys, my captains, I said ‘What do you want to do?’” Jakobs admitted after. “They told me they wanted to go for two and it was their call.”

Added Walker, who rushed for scores of 53, 15, 5, 27, 24, 1, 61 and 10 yards: “It wasn’t about the score or the stats, it was about the win, man. I don’t care about stats. All we wanted was this win and we did it. But it was hard to play defence in this cold.”

Ballenas head coach Jeremy Conn was, like the rest of his team, still trying to come to grips with the loss.

“It’s haunting,” he said, unable to consult a video replay to see if Walker’s knee had gone down in the backfield on the touchdown run. “But we needed to play better and not leave it in the hands of the referees. But Jesse Walker, he is the real deal.”

Conn called the performance of his running back LaPlante special.

“He is one of the greatest football players I’ve seen or coached and he’s graduating, but whoever gets him is getting a hell of player.”

In the 83 combined carries between the two players, each was held to negative yardage just once.

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
good. hate for any controversy on that one. I feel for banks but not hamilton as a whole, that cheap shot on your kicker was brutal and the taunting he did on him was worse.

wasnt a cheap shot at all ... the taunting was cheap but the hit was good ... if that hit gets thrown on the banks punt return instead of the block from behind there wouldnt have been a flag

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
wasnt a cheap shot at all ... the taunting was cheap but the hit was good ... if that hit gets thrown on the banks punt return instead of the block from behind there wouldnt have been a flag

Agreed, that was a hell of block and nothing cheap about it but c'mon, who taunts a punter?

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
20jsh1t.jpg

Also nice of Huff to wear the recently departed John Forzani's Stamps jersey up on stage to accept the Grey Cup. John Hufnagel, you are true class.

B3vTcMgCIAAECHI.jpg

Harry Crack

Best 8 sec's of her life
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yup, mine as well (lol) - Great performance by Bo Levi Mitchell yesterday and only 24 years old, it's scary to think that he could (and should) get even better.

/That goal line stand by the Stamps (1st and goal at the 3 for Hamilton) was the difference.

Young Bo has a bright future for sure. He sure tightened up in the 4th qtr though....... :L