• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

10-year anniversary is November 19th...

HurricaneDij39

The Middle of Everywhere: NWI
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TVvxTQD2PrI]Detroit Pistons vs. Indiana Pacers Brawl - YouTube[/ame]

To this day, I still believe Detroit's d-bag CEO had bribed Mr. $tern into suspending Artest for the full season. The dots still connect all too well. The guy got caught smiling in a post-game interview with Jim Gray. And as we all know, this incident was Detroit's only hope in returning to the Finals.:lol: This, and the fact that Dwyane Wade hurt his ribs in the conference finals that year. Then the finals were much closer than it should have been as Pops went easy on his mentor and buddy Larry Brown. Detroit had quite the luck on its side that year, and they were rewarded for their fans being such trash.

The NBA had officially cut its balls off after this incident and to this day never grew any back...

HurricaneDij39

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thank God I wasn't a message board poster at the time. I was so pissed, and still believe we were targeted to an extent. During my teenage days, my passion as a fan was so strong that losing was like the end of the world. I've probably picked that trait up from my grandfather on my dad's side.

The funny thing is, we actually won the game. Ben Wallace was just being a spoiled little bitch because we destroyed the so-called "defending champs" in their own building.

Yes Ben, I still hold strong on that claim even after all these years.:lol:

HurricaneDij39

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The league had made our team out as the bad guys that season, but the average fan was too damn lazy to consider which side was famous for its "bad boy" culture.:rollseyes:

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is this a troll thread, or is Hurricane just pissed he's stuck with Stuckey?

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I watched the game live on TV. Good times. I still smile a bit when I see Jermaine O'Neal deck that fan. Grantland did an excellent story on the brawl a couple of years ago.

The Malice at the Palace «

So...if no one stopped them, how many fans would Artest and Jackson slaughtered before tasers and tranquilizers have to be used? I say at least 30. Out of all the players in the league, those two are at the top of the list of "Players you don't fuck with".

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Artest deserved that suspension though - Come on now.

HurricaneDij39

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is this a troll thread, or is Hurricane just pissed he's stuck with Stuckey?

Oh, but I thought most Detroit fans claimed Stuckey was a good player stuck in a bad environment.:L

Artest deserved that suspension though - Come on now.

Honest question - If some overprivileged fan hurled a cup of beer at you, what the fuck what do have done? The only reason he got so maligned over it was because he was Ron Artest. I honestly would have had no problem had Stephen Jackson been given the season-long suspension, but Artest to this day got scapegoated 100%.

RobToxin

Roid Raging
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So tell me oh wise one.

Who was it that bribed Artest to

A) grab the basketball and lay down on the scorer's table

and

B) run into the stands and start swinging at people?

emeraldcitywanderer-1487482-albums-general-pic98542-tin-foil-hat.jpg

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, but I thought most Detroit fans claimed Stuckey was a good player stuck in a bad environment.:L

Honest question - If some overprivileged fan hurled a cup of beer at you, what the fuck what do have done? The only reason he got so maligned over it was because he was Ron Artest. I honestly would have had no problem had Stephen Jackson been given the season-long suspension, but Artest to this day got scapegoated 100%.

Didn't we go over that for about a week when he signed this summer?

Artest was still one of my favorite players after the fight btw. Bat shit crazy, hard working, hard nosed, defensive master that RonRon.

Last edited by a moderator:

HurricaneDij39

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Laying down on a scorer's table is cause for suspension???

Artest wasn't the one that was swinging people, that would be Stephen Jackson.

HurricaneDij39

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Six days now until the anniversary. You just know there's going to be some sort of article/new story about it.

One thing is for sure - You can't deny that this one incident triggered the who pussification of the league.

HurricaneDij39

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's incredible that the hands of time have no effect on my feelings about the situation.

The NBA was suffering from Jordan withdrawal in the mid-2000's. Detroit was simply a bigger market than Indianapolis and Ben Wallace was a more-marketable player than anyone on the Pacers, especially with Reggie being well past his prime. There was simply more media upside with him being in the Finals.

Even Shaq has voiced his frustrations with the league (also in 2004):

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k-BoeBedZ3k"]Shaq curses on TV (uncensored) - YouTube[/ame]

It's the same reason why $tern installed this ridiculous best-of-seven first round format, and the same reason why the league suspended Jerry Stackhouse (another one of my boys) for a critical Finals game in 2006 for a hard foul - There was simply more marketing upside with Shaq (everyone and their mother's favorite name-recognition player at the time) and flash-and-dash Wade hoisting the trophy than there was for an erratic and temperamental Stackhouse or a soft European Dirk.

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honest question - If some overprivileged fan hurled a cup of beer at you, what the fuck what do have done?

No matter what happens, as a professional player, you can't go into the stands and confront/attack fans. You have to control that emotion. The fan was a dick for doing that. So are the idiots that lob batteries and loose change at players. However, as a player, you have to show restraint.

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's incredible that the hands of time have no effect on my feelings about the situation.

The NBA was suffering from Jordan withdrawal in the mid-2000's. Detroit was simply a bigger market than Indianapolis and Ben Wallace was a more-marketable player than anyone on the Pacers, especially with Reggie being well past his prime. There was simply more media upside with him being in the Finals.

Even Shaq has voiced his frustrations with the league (also in 2004):

Shaq curses on TV (uncensored) - YouTube

It's the same reason why $tern installed this ridiculous best-of-seven first round format, and the same reason why the league suspended Jerry Stackhouse (another one of my boys) for a critical Finals game in 2006 for a hard foul - There was simply more marketing upside with Shaq (everyone and their mother's favorite name-recognition player at the time) and flash-and-dash Wade hoisting the trophy than there was for an erratic and temperamental Stackhouse or a soft European Dirk.

Ireland: Shaq. We're on live....

Shaq: I don't give a shit.

:pound:

HurricaneDij39

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No matter what happens, as a professional player, you can't go into the stands and confront/attack fans. You have to control that emotion. The fan was a dick for doing that. So are the idiots that lob batteries and loose change at players. However, as a player, you have to show restraint.

Yeah I get it, but suspended for the FULL SEASON???

logic

Hoopla Cash
$ 69,974.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The NBA was suffering from Jordan withdrawal in the mid-2000's. Detroit was simply a bigger market than Indianapolis and Ben Wallace was a more-marketable player than anyone on the Pacers,

:doh:
Ben Wallace more marketable for the NBA!? Really? That is what you are going with? Because the NBA so often markets defense!? Yes, the NBA punished the Pacers so they wouldn't lose their cash cow, Ben Wallace, who fans tuned in nation-wide to catch.:L