• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

10 things I'm sure of after week 1

MrDoc420

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know it's just one game, but here goes....

1) Colin Kapernick is the real deal. Kid can do everything. How pumped are the 49ers for their future?
2) This will be Mike Tomlin's last season as the Steelers coach. They lost Pouncey and LSH for the season yesterday. What a shitty way to start their year. I say they finish 7-9 at best.
3) The Seahawks and Falcons are overhyped.
4) Broncos SHOULD be #1 in the power rankings today.
5) Terrelle Pryor and Geno Smith both looked poised and capable in their NFL debuts (suprisingly to me)
6) I want to see Clay Mathews and Joe Staley fight
7) The Chargers suck fat ass.
8) Cam Newton is never going to be elite.
9) A.J. Green and DT are right up there with CJ as the top 3 receivers in the league.
10) The Giants are shitting their pants seeing us on the schedule for Sunday.

I could've put up 10 more, but I'll leave it at that :clap:

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm reluctant to draw any strong conclusions after Week1, but since the topic arises, I do think that KC winning at Jax is at least presumptive evidence that they will be much improved this year, which I suspected they would going into the season. I realize that Jax is a bad team, but I think it's always difficult to go there in September for an early kickoff and come away with a win.

I also think that SD could be pretty decent this year. Should be a good test for them hosting Houston tonight. We shall see.

Finally, not sure what to make of Oakland. They played the Colts much better than I expected. Can't imagine Pryor continuing to surprise like that on a sustained basis, but who knows?

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1) Colin Kapernick is the real deal. Kid can do everything. How pumped are the 49ers for their future?

I still want to see more from Kaepernick. The Packers don't have a great defense. Let's see him put up those kind of numbers against a solid defense. Not saying he can't, just that I'm still skeptical.

2) This will be Mike Tomlin's last season as the Steelers coach. They lost Pouncey and LSH for the season yesterday. What a shitty way to start their year. I say they finish 7-9 at best.

I think the Steelers will be bad (6 or 7 wins sounds about right) but I don't think they'll fire Tomlin.

3) The Seahawks and Falcons are overhyped.

I agree on the Seahawks, I don't think they have many weapons on offense. As for the Falcons, that was going to be an extremely difficult game for anyone to win, and they would have if Stephen Jackson doesn't drop the game winning touchdown. I still think they win that division again.

4) Broncos SHOULD be #1 in the power rankings today.

Agreed. They looked better than anybody.

5) Terrelle Pryor and Geno Smith both looked poised and capable in their NFL debuts (suprisingly to me)

Very impressed with Pryor. Didn't see much of the Jets game but Geno's numbers looked pretty good. I didn't expect much from him either.

6) I want to see Clay Mathews and Joe Staley fight

Clay Mathews is a punk. Is it just me or does he seem like he's got the roid rage?

7) The Chargers suck fat ass.

Let's wait and see how they perform tonight first.

8) Cam Newton is never going to be elite.

Agreed. He puts up nice numbers at times but he's not a winner. Not a leader, he pouts when things don't go his way, he's immature. So glad the Panthers took him in front of us.

9) A.J. Green and DT are right up there with CJ as the top 3 receivers in the league.

Yep, it's those 3. DT looks even better this year I thought. And where was Dez Bryant last night? This was supposed to be his breakout year, and he was invisible last night.

10) The Giants are shitting their pants seeing us on the schedule for Sunday.

That was ugly. The Giants better turn it around really fast or they're looking at 0-2.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here would be my 10...

1) Since it is number 1 I should make it about the Broncos but this offense looks poised to put up historical numbers this year. I honestly have trouble finding many teams that can line up and shut down every weapon Peyton has at his disposal for this season. Maybe the Seahawks?

2) Staying in the division the Chiefs defense looks miles ahead of where it was last year. Yes I know it was the Jaguars but last year even against the worst teams they had mental lapses where they stayed very disciplined and their defense should keep them in quite a few games.

3) If I had to call anybody overhyped I would say it is the AFC North. Not a single one of the teams in that division looked good with only Cincinnati actually playing a tough opponent close.

4) The one receiver that I would add to your list as the top guys in the league is Julio Jones. That kid made some spectacular catches yesterday.

5) The young gun quarterbacks look like the Sophomore Slump is not going to hit them as much this year as some have suffered in years past. They all looked very poised yesterday.

6) Not sure what happened in the Indy game of is that an indication of how far back the Colts are going to fall this season or that the Raiders are maybe just a tad bit better than many thought coming into this season?

7) New England is going to have a tougher time winning the division this year. Miami looked pretty good, Buffalo should have beat them, and the Jets defense looked pretty good. I still think New England wins the division but AFC East could have a couple of the playoff spots this season.

8) The NFC South looks like a two team race even after one week and that being the Falcons and Saints. Tampa is too inconsistent and Carolina looks like their offense is going to really struggle to put up points this season (why in the world do you hire a guy for your OC that has never had better than the 25th ranked offense?)

9) Reggie Bush looks like he finally found an offense that will feature him and know how to use him. Kicking myself for not getting him in any of my fantasy leagues.

10) Start where I ended in I think DRC by the end of the year will be the Broncos best Corner (I know blasphemy). He has always had the athletic ability but just never the focus. Thursday he put together an amazing performance not allowing a single catch his way while spending most of the game covering Torrey Smith (most of his yards came against Tony Carter when he would cover him). Now this is no knock on Champ or Harris as I think they will have great years as well I just think DRC could prove to join that elite group of corners this season.

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
9) Reggie Bush looks like he finally found an offense that will feature him and know how to use him. Kicking myself for not getting him in any of my fantasy leagues.

So glad I drafted Reggie! :: pats self on back:: Hope he stays healthy. Same with Julius Thomas, who I have to be sure and not leave on the bench this week!

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So glad I drafted Reggie! :: pats self on back:: Hope he stays healthy. Same with Julius Thomas, who I have to be sure and not leave on the bench this week!

In one of my fantasy leagues I drafted Julius but left him on the bench and was kicking myself. My starter though happened to be Jared Cook who actually finished with more points in my league that Julius. Now I have no idea who to start for this week.

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In one of my fantasy leagues I drafted Julius but left him on the bench and was kicking myself. My starter though happened to be Jared Cook who actually finished with more points in my league that Julius. Now I have no idea who to start for this week.

I think that Cook is a stud. Big a night as JT had, I would have a tough time sitting Cook in favor of JT, since I think that Cook is more likely to be very productive week in and week out. Bradford doesn't have nearly the variety of weapons that PM has.

My second TE is Dewayne Allen. I figured he was likely to have a big day against the Raiders. Only caught one ball, but at least it was a 20-yard TD. Still, think I'll go with JT going forward.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I will have to look at how an opponent lines up against each one but cook definitely will be a favorite of Bradford's every week where JT who knows

MrDoc420

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just for the record - I was basing my #7 solely off my disgust and hatred for the Chuggers......not on their performance. However, I'm sure my point will be backed up again after they get waxed by Houston tonight.

MrDoc420

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

:lol: I drafted Cook first in both my leagues and grabbed Julius with my 2nd or 3rd to last pick in both I think. I know Julius only had one game so far, but he was a bigtime sleeper pick. I honestly just took him in both leagues cause I knew he'd see alot of snaps and has the physical makeup to be a nightmare for defenses.

Broncosballer32

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One thing I am sure of. It is very strange to me how the 49ers only parted with a 6th round pick for Anquan Boldin.

Someone trying to convince me that the Rams or the Jags, or the Panthers, Dolphins, etc would not have offered more than a 6th rounder?

Ok, perhaps the AFC teams would be one thing. Fine. Although would the Jags or Dolphins all of a sudden be a SB contender if they landed him?

Lets say you are Ozzie and the 49ers offer you a 6th rounder. Why not call the 49ers rival, the Rams, and say can you do better than a 6th? They would say NO? Just to make the 49ers pay more or not get him at all.

A 6th rounder? What worthless compensation.

That is what I know.

Broncosballer32

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:lol: I drafted Cook first in both my leagues and grabbed Julius with my 2nd or 3rd to last pick in both I think. I know Julius only had one game so far, but he was a bigtime sleeper pick. I honestly just took him in both leagues cause I knew he'd see alot of snaps and has the physical makeup to be a nightmare for defenses.

Really? That is pretty good.

My team blew up this week. I still lost. I went up against Peyton Manning.

Other than that, my team looks solid.

David_son

I'm so confused
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Me too though the guy I faced had AP so they just cancelled each other out.

Smart

Asshat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You have to love how Russell Wilson puts up 300+ yards on one of the best front sevens in the eague when his OL gets dominated and all you hear is "Most of Seattle looked bad" instead of "Russell Wilson looked really fucking good." With every other QB, the storyline today would be about how they have a legitimate superstar but the press and apparently the fans give him no credit so they can play up the work ethic and surprise leader angles. Those are good and all, but Russell Wilson has damn good skills.

Broncosr0k

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BroncosBaller,

I had not thought about that. It sounds increasingly like the ravens underestimated his value both as a team member and trade bait.

MrDoc420

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really? That is pretty good.

My team blew up this week. I still lost. I went up against Peyton Manning.

Other than that, my team looks solid.

Yah....Julius was just a long shot. I had no idea he'd put out an NFL debut like that. I had my eyes on Cook leading up to the draft though. I'd heard alot of good things about him going into this season, and unless I was going to be able to get Jimmy Graham, he was my next in line. JT was just a scramble pick at the end of my drafts. NOBODY had him on their radar unless you were a Broncos homer. Even with all the hype he got out of camp.

MrDoc420

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One thing I am sure of. It is very strange to me how the 49ers only parted with a 6th round pick for Anquan Boldin.

Someone trying to convince me that the Rams or the Jags, or the Panthers, Dolphins, etc would not have offered more than a 6th rounder?

Ok, perhaps the AFC teams would be one thing. Fine. Although would the Jags or Dolphins all of a sudden be a SB contender if they landed him?

Lets say you are Ozzie and the 49ers offer you a 6th rounder. Why not call the 49ers rival, the Rams, and say can you do better than a 6th? They would say NO? Just to make the 49ers pay more or not get him at all.

A 6th rounder? What worthless compensation.

That is what I know.

How much are the Ravens kicking their own ass for that move? Ozzie definitely screwed the pooch on that one :frusty:

Broncosr0k

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You have to love how Russell Wilson puts up 300+ yards on one of the best front sevens in the eague when his OL gets dominated and all you hear is "Most of Seattle looked bad" instead of "Russell Wilson looked really fucking good." With every other QB, the storyline today would be about how they have a legitimate superstar but the press and apparently the fans give him no credit so they can play up the work ethic and surprise leader angles. Those are good and all, but Russell Wilson has damn good skills.

I think if he had a few TDs with those 300 yards the story might be different. All yards mean is that he looked good between the 20's. I don't mean to knock the guy but the media wants points. I think he will continue to improve and will soon get those accolades you are talking about.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think with Boldin it was more about his contract than his actual value. Trading for him meant taking on his $6 million a year contract. Usually the higher the contract compared to actual production the lower the draft pick a team will get in return. I think they also saw that they had Pitta at the time and thought he would be the new Boldin plus they would have $6 million to fill other holes. Now with Pitta down that obviously backfired big time.

Baltimore is definitely in some real trouble with only one actual legit receiver on the team and a bunch of TE's that can't catch squat. Teams now will be able to double Smith all game and then load the box to stop the run. The Ravens will need the defense of 2000 to have any success this year and if Thursday was any indication this defense won't even be able to kiss the feet of that defense yet alone actually play anywhere near to that production.

MrDoc420

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think with Boldin it was more about his contract than his actual value. Trading for him meant taking on his $6 million a year contract. Usually the higher the contract compared to actual production the lower the draft pick a team will get in return. I think they also saw that they had Pitta at the time and thought he would be the new Boldin plus they would have $6 million to fill other holes. Now with Pitta down that obviously backfired big time.

Baltimore is definitely in some real trouble with only one actual legit receiver on the team and a bunch of TE's that can't catch squat. Teams now will be able to double Smith all game and then load the box to stop the run. The Ravens will need the defense of 2000 to have any success this year and if Thursday was any indication this defense won't even be able to kiss the feet of that defense yet alone actually play anywhere near to that production.

Totally right cd. I forgot the Ravens were on the hook for that much with Boldin. Still though, I bet they'd gladly pay up now if they had it all to do over again. Boldin had a ridiculous game yesterday:omg: