• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

MLB Daily Thread: 10-20-17 Marshawn Lynch Loses it, Dodgers going to World Series, Sports

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well last nights Chiefs v Raiders game had it all. Including Marshawn Lynch being an idiot and sprinting onto the field to "protect" Carr, when the ENTIRE Raiders OL was already doing it. Then he makes clear contact with the official but tries to play it off like he thought it was a Chief's player, LMAO..

Dodgers CRUSHED the Cubs last night! WOW!!

Kiki Hernandez had a NIGHT!

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NEW YORK -- Carlos Beltran expected his teammates to be disappointed by the outcome here Wednesday night. But as he walked into the clubhouse and sat down at his locker, he surveyed the room and didn't like the vibe he was feeling.

And so, the oldest member of the Houston Astros decided it was time for a speech.

"Sometimes," Beltran explained later, "you see people acting different than the way they act in the regular season. I just don't want people to feel down. I don't want people to feel sorry about themselves."

A measure of self-pity is understandable after the past three nights. The Astros came to Yankee Stadium in possession of a two-games-to-none lead in the best-of-seven American League Championship Series and got flattened like a pancake, steamrollered like a driveway. They lost three games in a row for the first time since Sept. 8-10, including Wednesday night's 5-0 drubbing by the New York Yankees that leaves their season teetering on the brink of extinction.

How bad was it for the Astros? Their powerful offense, which scored more runs than any team in the past eight seasons and crushed the Boston Red Sox in the division series, went 11-for-92 (.120) with five extra-base hits, no home runs and 25 strikeouts in the three games. With runners in scoring position, they went 2-for-21, including 0-for-8 in Game 5.

George Springer is 2-for-18 in the series. Josh Reddick is 0-for-17. Alex Bregman (2-for-17) and Marwin Gonzalez (2-for-15) are struggling, too. Even Jose Altuve and Carlos Correa, the dynamic duo in the middle of the Astros' order, were muted in New York. They went a combined 2-for-22 in Games 3-5. It all prompted manager A.J. Hinch to declare that the Astros "lost a little bit of our offensive mojo."

soxfan1468927

Hoopla Cash
$ 7,185.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well last nights Chiefs v Raiders game had it all. Including Marshawn Lynch being an idiot and sprinting onto the field to "protect" Carr, when the ENTIRE Raiders OL was already doing it. Then he makes clear contact with the official but tries to play it off like he thought it was a Chief's player, LMAO..

Dodgers CRUSHED the Cubs last night! WOW!!

Kiki Hernandez had a NIGHT!
I don't think Lynch was trying to protect Carr

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think Lynch was trying to protect Carr

Neither do I. He just lost his temper and went nuts... Then to just leave the stadium.

0tkhqkP.gif

Rock Strongo

My mind spits with an enormous kickback.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
4 divisions, no more AL/NL

and the expos are back!

maybe

The details of the plan:

• The American and National Leagues would be disposed of, with MLB putting all 32 teams into four, eight-team, regionally-based divisions: East, North, Midwest, West. This is designed to (a) maintain regional and traditional rivalries while (b) cutting way back on cross-time zone travel. Both New York teams and Boston are in the “North,” both Chicago teams and St. Louis are in the “Midwest,” etc. Texas and Houston are in the “Midwest” too, but we’ll let the Texans get mad about that later.
  • The playoffs would feature a LOT of play-in games. Specifically, Ringolsby would have the four division winners go to the Division Series, where they would play the winner of four different Wild Card games, the participants in which would come from the eight non-division winners with the best records, regardless of which division they came from.
  • The schedule would go back to 156 games, giving every team an off-day every week. Between that and the more compact, almost all single-time-zone divisions, the travel schedules would be far less taxing, with shorter flights and more flights which could leave the day after a night game as opposed to directly after a night game, causing teams to arrive in the next city in the wee hours of the morning.

packerzrule

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 30.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Congratulations to the LA Dodgers and their fans

fuckers :pound:

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wish to holy hell I started Amari Cooper last night!

soxfan1468927

Hoopla Cash
$ 7,185.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Neither do I. He just lost his temper and went nuts... Then to just leave the stadium.

0tkhqkP.gif
It's worse. He was protecting Marcus Peters, who is a close friend. And he didn't leave the stadium.
upload_2017-10-20_7-39-19.png

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

soxfan1468927

Hoopla Cash
$ 7,185.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
theres no rule about going into the stands if youre ejected, because noone else would do that but lynch.
Yeah I wasn't saying he broke a rule. Just saying he didn't leave the stadium. I had no idea if it was a rule or not.

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
being from oakland is more important to lynch than being a teammate

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

soxfan1468927

Hoopla Cash
$ 7,185.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
4 divisions, no more AL/NL

and the expos are back!

maybe

The details of the plan:

• The American and National Leagues would be disposed of, with MLB putting all 32 teams into four, eight-team, regionally-based divisions: East, North, Midwest, West. This is designed to (a) maintain regional and traditional rivalries while (b) cutting way back on cross-time zone travel. Both New York teams and Boston are in the “North,” both Chicago teams and St. Louis are in the “Midwest,” etc. Texas and Houston are in the “Midwest” too, but we’ll let the Texans get mad about that later.
  • The playoffs would feature a LOT of play-in games. Specifically, Ringolsby would have the four division winners go to the Division Series, where they would play the winner of four different Wild Card games, the participants in which would come from the eight non-division winners with the best records, regardless of which division they came from.
  • The schedule would go back to 156 games, giving every team an off-day every week. Between that and the more compact, almost all single-time-zone divisions, the travel schedules would be far less taxing, with shorter flights and more flights which could leave the day after a night game as opposed to directly after a night game, causing teams to arrive in the next city in the wee hours of the morning.
Okay so would the division winners be seeded 1-4? And then the 1-seed would face the wild card winning team with the worst record? 2-seed the 2nd best record, etc etc.

Could this mean we could have a Red Sox/Yankees World Series?