• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

10-2

nathans8823

Well-Known Notre Dame Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 203.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@ChicagoIrish This was your job XD
But anyways... Yes we lost against Stanford it was a close and exciting game none the less! However during this upcoming offseason things need to change! Van Gorder needs to get outta here and We need to redo our Defense. This Stanford Game brought a horrible Red Zone Percentage to Notre Dame we mostly (well actually all we did was score FG's in the Red Zone) I don't think we had any touchdowns in the red zone when we should have. If we scored those easy TD's in the Red Zone we could have easily won this game. Any other thoughts guys?

craigk217

Meh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,618.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But anyways... Yes we lost against Stanford it was a close and exciting game none the less! However during this upcoming offseason things need to change! Van Gorder needs to get outta here and We need to redo our Defense. This Stanford Game brought a horrible Red Zone Percentage to Notre Dame we mostly (well actually all we did was score FG's in the Red Zone) I don't think we had any touchdowns in the red zone when we should have. If we scored those easy TD's in the Red Zone we could have easily won this game. Any other thoughts guys?
Last one by Kizer ... when it really mattered.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Had one Red Zone TD but should have had 2 at least Carlisle drop was terrible.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah VG needs to go. D was just pathetic. Only good game they had was the BC game and Texas. Every other game it was a mess. VG did not put his players in the best position to succeed. I do think Kelly needs to figure this red zone thing out. Run the ball more or use play action. I like what Stanford did in the red zone.

It was a fun season and I can't wait for the Bowl game. I also can't wait for next year. What a battle between Kizer and MZ. What will happen here. 3 headed monster Adams, Folston and CJ. WOW St. Brown and Fuller and Hunter. Scary good. D loses a lot (Smith, Day and Russell and some others.

ChicagoIrish

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last night was a devastating loss. That score with 30 seconds really felt great, I thought we had done it, and what do you know? A 15 yard penalty and a shot down the middle of the field, and Stanford wins.

KnuteRoc

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last night was a devastating loss. That score with 30 seconds really felt great, I thought we had done it, and what do you know? A 15 yard penalty and a shot down the middle of the field, and Stanford wins.

Haven't you heard, Culture beats Scheme. :dhd:

whywork2

Archduke of Guacamole
Hoopla Cash
$ 381.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
reminds me of that old Travis Tritt song, " this one's gonna hurt you for a long long time. " . I felt the same way. All I wanted was a win. I honestly wasn't all bent out of shape that we didn't make the playoffs. I just wanted to see us finish strong and let the chips fall where they may. Hard to end the regular season on a note like that. Looks like we might get Florida State , hope we take care of business and start building for next year. It might not have all been fun but it sure was exciting. I don't think anyone could deny that.

whywork2

Archduke of Guacamole
Hoopla Cash
$ 381.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know it's bad when you score with thirty seconds left and say to yourself, " Oh fuck , we left thirty seconds on the clock." To say I didn't think that would have been a lie.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know it's bad when you score with thirty seconds left and say to yourself, " Oh fuck , we left thirty seconds on the clock." To say I didn't think that would have been a lie.

Yeah honestly I thought they were going to call that TD back and it might have been better if they had.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When we scored my friends were like you got it. Great game by ND. I was like guys the game is not over there is alot of time left. They were like its 30 Sec this is in the bag. I was like STOP IT u dont know this D. Guess what 15 yard penalty and then a open guy in the middle of the field.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah honestly I thought they were going to call that TD back and it might have been better if they had.
I agree, I wish they did. I thought from the angle's they had I had a feeling they werent going to reverse it. I dont get why they done have cameras in the goal post yet. U would get the straight line angle every time.

whywork2

Archduke of Guacamole
Hoopla Cash
$ 381.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When we scored my friends were like you got it. Great game by ND. I was like guys the game is not over there is alot of time left. They were like its 30 Sec this is in the bag. I was like STOP IT u dont know this D. Guess what 15 yard penalty and then a open guy in the middle of the field.
Honestly that was exactly how I felt. I knew every second counted. I was actually wanting that TD to get called back since it would have burned another eight or ten seconds. That sounds crazy but that was precisely my thought process at the time. I knew one long run back or one long pass play and they would have a chance. This one is going to hurt for some time to come. I just hope the team uses it to propel itself forward.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Prediction of Bowl game: They are saying Houston or Iowa in the Fiesta Bowl. This would suck. I dont want to play those teams. That would be boring as hell.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Other teams in the mix is FSU, OSU or UNC.

bbirish73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I so hope that ND plays Iowa. That would make my day. I live smack dab in Iowa Hawkeye country and it is horrible. There is a few predictions of Iowa playing Stanford in the Rose Bowl and ND playing Ohio State in the Fiesta Bowl. I rather play a team I know we will thump.

jjc2009

I Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I so hope that ND plays Iowa. That would make my day. I live smack dab in Iowa Hawkeye country and it is horrible. There is a few predictions of Iowa playing Stanford in the Rose Bowl and ND playing Ohio State in the Fiesta Bowl. I rather play a team I know we will thump.
I think the TV folks would prefer ND-Ohio State. That would be a ratings bonanza.

That said, I would want to play Iowa. Mostly because I am bitter and do not want to have to root for Stanford to knock off a B10 school. I think Iowa has been a fraud all year and ND ought to destroy them, especially if a few guys can get healthy to come back.

Ohio St. doesn't overly scare me, but seems they are starting to gel a little bit, Elliot's temper tantrum notwithstanding. If ND can't get into the playoffs, it really needs a premiere bowl win. Havent' had one since '94.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Give me OSU, we will do the same to them as we did to LSU last year. We go this.

jjc2009

I Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't want to bring this up, but listened to Mike Frank's power hour podcast, if you don't subscribe, I recommend it, good site that discusses ND football and recruiting, but he did something he rarely does, and that was blame the loss, in part on bad officiating.

I really remember two head scratcher calls that extended Stanford drives, the BS spot to give them first down when the receiver had his back to the first down marker and caught the ball behind that line, the other was the phantom PI call on Devin Butler. He played excellent coverage and there was way more offensive pushing than any grabbing by him.

But they pointed out several other calls that just didn't go. Most glarigly, they pointed out how Shaw, who is usually a big crybaby to the refs about every call, was smiling all game. The calls were clearly all going their way. The one where the receiver was covered up and should have been flagged resulted in a TD.

I hate putting games on the refs, bad calls are a part of every game, and a team should play well enough to overcome them, but it seemed like, in retrospect, there were a lot of damaging calls that were bad no-calls or highly questionable calls, to say the least.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the TV folks would prefer ND-Ohio State. That would be a ratings bonanza.

That said, I would want to play Iowa. Mostly because I am bitter and do not want to have to root for Stanford to knock off a B10 school. I think Iowa has been a fraud all year and ND ought to destroy them, especially if a few guys can get healthy to come back.

Ohio St. doesn't overly scare me, but seems they are starting to gel a little bit, Elliot's temper tantrum notwithstanding. If ND can't get into the playoffs, it really needs a premiere bowl win. Havent' had one since '94.[/QUOT B
Beating LSU was nice. SEC school who smacked us around last time we played them in a bowl game.