• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

10/14 Boozinsky @ Huddy

Two hours from anywhere one actually wants to be
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed 100%!

I like getting Morse some AB's. I yipped about playing Belt so much down the stretch when he looked so lost at the plate. He doesn't look lost now, though. Noggin is a genius. I just wish that these guys would show more selectivity at the plate. I know the average on the at pitch is pretty high, over the long haul. But when the offense slumbers for 7 innings at a time, maybe a different approach is called for.

Hey, even JP :deadhorse: got a significant hit today, after failing to do one of the two things he is on this team to do: bunt. So even failure was a success today.

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Deserves mention: FYWW came correct tonight...

MarcoPolo

Huge member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just got back from the stadium (I had dinner and a few beers afterwards). What a great game (especially the end). I *loved* booing D.P. Pierzynski. I don't know if it was heard on TV (I can't see how it couldn't have been heard) but AJ got a standing boo-vation from the AT&T crowd his first AB. I couldn't even hear the announcement it was so loud (and it started as soon as he took his 2nd step towards the plate from the batting circle - nobody waited for the announcement).

The place was wild in the first, second, and 10th innings. Pretty quiet from the 4th onwards (unless AJ was making an out).

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just got back from the stadium (I had dinner and a few beers afterwards). What a great game (especially the end). I *loved* booing D.P. Pierzynski. I don't know if it was heard on TV (I can't see how it couldn't have been heard) but AJ got a standing boo-vation from the AT&T crowd his first AB. I couldn't even hear the announcement it was so loud (and it started as soon as he took his 2nd step towards the plate from the batting circle - nobody waited for the announcement).

The place was wild in the first, second, and 10th innings. Pretty quiet from the 4th onwards (unless AJ was making an out).

There's your answer, cal

BroncoInCALI

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like getting Morse some AB's. I yipped about playing Belt so much down the stretch when he looked so lost at the plate. He doesn't look lost now, though. Noggin is a genius. I just wish that these guys would show more selectivity at the plate. I know the average on the at pitch is pretty high, over the long haul. But when the offense slumbers for 7 innings at a time, maybe a different approach is called for.

Hey, even JP :deadhorse: got a significant hit today, after failing to do one of the two things he is on this team to do: bunt. So even failure was a success today.

Agree with everything you said as well. For example, if I was Coaching Blanco this is what I would tell him....."Let's try this, Gregor. When you are at the plate, the first thought that comes to your mind.....do the exact opposite." Lol.....

Band of Brothers

A Dreamer...trying to find my way home for dinner
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Giants win Game 3 on windy San Francisco day 5-4 over Cards in 10 innings

Took the train to the game like I usually do and the train was buzzing with excitement as some drank a few beers and some that were just drunk with joy at not having to go to work because we got playoff baseball in the Bay. Giants vs. Cards in a big game 3 of this NLCS and like every playoff game it seems so far for the Giants it came right down to the very end.

There was something in the wind today. Call it 'Stick particles as it was howling from right to left and fielders out there looked like they were kids lost in a supermarket looking for Mom. The Giants jumped on Lackey in the very first inning . Hunter Pence struck first when he doubled into the right field corner scoring Posey putting the G-Men up 1-0. The big blow came off the bat of 2010 Giants alumni Travis Ishikawa who blasted a ball high into that blustery beautiful wind that looked like it would hit high off the wall in right center as Grichuck looked confused on where it would hit off the wall. Well it hit off the bottom of that wall 381 feet away and it was good enough to score Panda, Pence, and Belt as the fans went nutz waving the orange towels that have become common place at AT&T Park in October. Adding Ishikawa late in the season went mostly under the radar as Sabean always seems to do. He will add that piece that comes up big when it counts.Somewhere in the park today he had to have a smile as Ishikawa put the Giants up 4-0 with Hudson dealing on the mound in his first NLCS game.

The Cards true to form battled back into the game and did it without Yadier Molina their standout All -Star catcher. Hudson pitched well but looked a little tired in the 7th inning as Grichuk homered off the foul pole in left to tie the game at 4-4. To the Cards credit they shut down Giants hitters after that big 1st inning and it got intense down by McCovey Cove. Hey it's playoff baseball , anything can happen and after a huge battle between Romo and Holliday in the top of the 10th ended in a 3-2 pitch that Holliday hit down the line with the runner going that Pablo Sandoval snagged and righted himself to throw Holliday out at first. A huge roar went up as fans gave high fives and put their rally caps on for the bottom of the 10th.

Crawford led off with a great AB drawing a walk and up came Perez in his biggest AB of his pro career. Perez could not get the bunt down to advance Crawford to 2nd base. The fight in the Giants could not be stopped as Perez lined a single to left to set up the biggest bunt maybe in SF Giants history. The White Shark Blanco who has some good wheels laid down a beauty of a sac bunt that Cards pitcher Choate had to hurry and as he threw the ball that SF wind seemed to push it towards right center as the Cards 2nd baseman lunged for but came up short of catching as Crawford came across with the winning run as the Giants take game 3 of the NLCS 5-4 in 10 innings.

A explosion of cheers rose up at Memory Park as strangers hugged and headed to the exits happy fans as there is still more fun to come. What a day at the yard and as I left to get a few beers across the street I thought of the girl we call the 'Stick and how she might of blew a special kiss to all of us across the bay as her swan song in 2014.

A great day of memories.

Go Giants !!:yes:

:suds::clap::thrasher::headbanger::drum::dingdingding:

on youtube...

Train - Save Me, San Francisco

posted by TrainVEVO

on youtube...

Globeal Deejays - The Sound of San Francisco Original Mix HQ

posted by Sunb3amS0unds

Rock On SF !

Last edited by a moderator:

1phlapdown

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sad news to report. It seems Secret Agent Ned is out as GM, tho still sticking around in some sort of advisory capacity.

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With Bum going on Wednesday, tomorrow COULD be series...

PLEASE be careful here...pencilling in Bum's start as a lock for the Giants is exactly the kind of hubris the baseball gods love to crap on.

Also, Bum is going Thursday...

Mays-Fan

Unhyphenated-American
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,936.29
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree with everything you said as well. For example, if I was Coaching Blanco this is what I would tell him....."Let's try this, Gregor. When you are at the plate, the first thought that comes to your mind.....do the exact opposite." Lol.....

He managed a jack or two down the stretch, and he obviously got carried away. If he could just resign himself to the fact that he's a decent contact hitter with a decent eye at the plate, and use his speed to his advantage, we'd all be better off. Maybe the bunt play last night will make him understand he does not need to play Home Run Derby every time up for him/us to succeed. Here's hoping.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
PLEASE be careful here...pencilling in Bum's start as a lock for the Giants is exactly the kind of hubris the baseball gods love to crap on.

Also, Bum is going Thursday...

That's why I emphasized "COULD".

As for the Wednesday comment...

For some reason, I was in Monday mode all day yesterday. Don't know why...

SF11704

Senile Forum Poster
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yesterday's game made me rethink a few things. Knowing that we won is/was a great ending to a not so great game for us. I don't think we did the little things necessary to win. I think the Cards did the little things leading to a loss. Damn, we get 4 hits in the 1st inning and then only manage 2 baserunners the next 8 innings. A HBP and a single by Hudson. We need more offense than this. We need to be able to put a team away when they are on the ropes. But for me personally .... the eye- opener was the 10th inning. Why the hell don't we play ball like this more often? Forget that it was the 10th and a possible walk off. This is how teams manufacture runs. We never seem to take this approach unless it's the bottom of the 10th ... etc. I can't remember seeing a non-pitcher try and move runners over. Just think it's that rare for us. We are good and we have gotten this far without really hitting. Give us a little more offense and play a little smarter baseball .... and who knows .... maybe the every other year scenario weaves its magic again in 2014!

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yesterday's game made me rethink a few things. Knowing that we won is/was a great ending to a not so great game for us. I don't think we did the little things necessary to win. I think the Cards did the little things leading to a loss. Damn, we get 4 hits in the 1st inning and then only manage 2 baserunners the next 8 innings. A HBP and a single by Hudson. We need more offense than this. We need to be able to put a team away when they are on the ropes. But for me personally .... the eye- opener was the 10th inning. Why the hell don't we play ball like this more often? Forget that it was the 10th and a possible walk off. This is how teams manufacture runs. We never seem to take this approach unless it's the bottom of the 10th ... etc. I can't remember seeing a non-pitcher try and move runners over. Just think it's that rare for us. We are good and we have gotten this far without really hitting. Give us a little more offense and play a little smarter baseball .... and who knows .... maybe the every other year scenario weaves its magic again in 2014!

Shouldn't bunt. That is sacrificing the chance for a big inning.

I made this post at the time as a spoof, but it is humorous because it is based in reality. Bochy does not believe in bunting or sacrificing because he views outs the way Monty Python views sperm.

jeep99tj

If you don’t agree with me, don’t talk to me.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 224.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I made this post at the time as a spoof, but it is humorous because it is based in reality. Bochy does not believe in bunting or sacrificing because he views outs the way Monty Python views sperm.

The Giants and KC are tied for the most sacrifice hits in the playoffs with 6.

jeep99tj

If you don’t agree with me, don’t talk to me.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 224.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Giants and KC have played the most playoff games though

The Giants have played 8, KC and St Louis (4 SH) have played 7 and Baltimore (0 SH) has played 6.

SF11704

Senile Forum Poster
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Giants and KC are tied for the most sacrifice hits in the playoffs with 6.

for KC 4 of the 6 were from position players .... for SF 4 of the 6 were from pitchers. The other 2 for SF was from Blanco and one of them was yesterday .... still isn't one of Bochy's favorite approaches

SF11704

Senile Forum Poster
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
then again all the AL has is position players ... so not sure where the other 2 are coming from?

Last edited by a moderator:

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
KC already at it again, we're going to have to be the first team to beat them this post season

Perfect illustration of the madness...anyone pick KC to sweep their way to the WS this year?