• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

(1) Vancouver Canucks vs. (8) Los Angeles Kings Series Thread

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Aaron Portzline ‏ @Aportzline
RT @botchford: Cory Schneider apologized for his Edmonton comments / Man, is he going to get booed when #CBJ play in Edmonton next season.

Is Portzline anticipating a trade between Vancouver and Columbus?

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is Portzline anticipating a trade between Vancouver and Columbus?

thats a botchford post retweeted by Portzline ... and i think everyone is anticipating a bj-canucks trade for schneider at the draft

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@blakeprice1040 Ballard in over Rome suggests to me that the Canucks are going to try to win with a speed game tonight. Good move, probably.

with the way stuff is being called by refs this post season ... Im predicting an incorrectly called clipping penalty tonight

/Ebbett in for Bitz

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bettman says

gary-bettman.jpg

ITS TIME TO

82452890.gif

Last edited by a moderator:

Vadered

Future Flyer Cup-Winner
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,135.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
with the way stuff is being called by refs this post season ... Im predicting an incorrectly called clipping penalty tonight

/Ebbett in for Bitz

Speak for your own series. A paltry 4 minors were called in game 1 of Flyers/Pens, and the refs decided to throw out offsides and icing too, apparently...

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Speak for your own series. A paltry 4 minors were called in game 1 of Flyers/Pens, and the refs decided to throw out offsides and icing too, apparently...

by "called" I meant called, missed, and fucked up

/i should have just said ref'ed but thats giving the referees too much credit

Vadered

Future Flyer Cup-Winner
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,135.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
by "called" I meant called, missed, and fucked up

/i should have just said ref'ed but thats giving the referees too much credit

Reffed is fine, but put it in quotes and ideally in video format so you can attach the losing horn from "The Price is Right."

Vadered

Future Flyer Cup-Winner
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,135.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We will no longer use the term "getting jobbed." We shall replace it with "getting reffed."

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We will no longer use the term "getting jobbed." We shall replace it with "getting reffed."

Can we save "getting jobbed" for the Nashville / Detroit series? After all, it is a wrestling term as well.

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Vancouver backup goalie Cory Schneider took time Thursday to apologize for comments made the day before, when he was asked why there is a perception that the Canucks are despised by Canadian fans living outside of British Columbia.

On Thursday he told the Vancouver Province: "You look around the league and people don't like us and Pittsburgh, and we're two of the better teams. You see Darcy Hordichuk and Ben Eager in Edmonton. Nobody cares about Edmonton, so nobody hates them. It's that simple."

On Friday Schneider recanted, in a very classy apology: "I felt bad about it. I didn't mean to say that about them," he said. "I was frustrated about having to constantly defend my teammates, and let it get the better of me. I was trying to specifically talk about two individuals, which doesn't make it any more right. I had not intended to be disrespectful towards them.

"They've got a great hockey city (in Edmonton), and a great tradition. Their fans obviously care a heck of a whole lot, along with a lot of other people. I feel stupid, and ignorant, about saying that, and I really regret it, and truly feel bad. Dont get me wrong though, I still think Edmonton is a city full of fuckfaces"

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Vancouver backup goalie Cory Schneider took time Thursday to apologize for comments made the day before, when he was asked why there is a perception that the Canucks are despised by Canadian fans living outside of British Columbia.

On Thursday he told the Vancouver Province: "You look around the league and people don't like us and Pittsburgh, and we're two of the better teams. You see Darcy Hordichuk and Ben Eager in Edmonton. Nobody cares about Edmonton, so nobody hates them. It's that simple."

On Friday Schneider recanted, in a very classy apology: "I felt bad about it. I didn't mean to say that about them," he said. "I was frustrated about having to constantly defend my teammates, and let it get the better of me. I was trying to specifically talk about two individuals, which doesn't make it any more right. I had not intended to be disrespectful towards them.

"They've got a great hockey city (in Edmonton), and a great tradition. Their fans obviously care a heck of a whole lot, along with a lot of other people. I feel stupid, and ignorant, about saying that, and I really regret it, and truly feel bad. Dont get me wrong though, I still think Edmonton is a city full of fuckfaces"

paraphrased a little jstew :D

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you want your team to be liked??? play the Canucks in the playoffs lol

The Los Angeles Kings? A team with Mike Richards and Jeff Carter of Dry Island, two guys many see as entitled team-ruiners, one of whom moped his way to a trade out of Columbus? Drew Doughty, a training camp holdout?

Why, one game versus the Canucks, the Listerine of the NHL, will wash that distaste right out of your mouth. Just gargle and spit.

Once hated, the Los Angeles Kings just became Canada's team.

davnlaguna

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,636.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Kings have never been "hated". Ignored yes. Seen as a novelty yes(esp with Gretzky) dismissed often, Hated no