• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

1 thing I find funny and Week 3 vs. Dalls

jacobarch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You guys remember the Cleveland Browns? Remember everyone saying how great they looked and how great Weeden is? Ha, Suck it browns fans, suck it Bernie K, and suck it ESPN. You guys were all over their nuts during the pre season and it made me sick! I usually don't care when a team other than the Rams is having a good or bad year (unless it's div opponents) but in this case I couldn't be more excited. I hope they stew in their own poo of a team. Go Brown town!
Brian Hoyer to start at QB for Cleveland Browns - NFL.com

Anyways, onto week 3 vs. Dallas.

So this will be our 2nd road game in a row. Things got away from us a little last week but if we didn't expect that then we don't watch much football. The entire 2012 season Atlanta had the same M.O. get ahead big and early. I lost count how many games they had double digit leads by half time and then to almost blow it at the end of the game. It's how they beat Seattle and then ultimately lost against SanFran in the playoffs. So lets not get ahead of ourselves here, the Rams are both young and inexperienced and hey, we came close to at least knotting up the game in the 4th. So be happy it wasn't a 41 to 6 game like the Rams of old. We're competing as the youngest team in the league.

Offensive must:

We must run the football. The best Defense is a good and solid offense. Time of possession will be key, we have to mix it up a and not be so predictable. Dallas will expect us to come out and pass, pass, pass so it's out job to mix up formations spread them out and run in-between the tackles, also our OLine has to beat their Dline or it's going to be a long day.
In the passing game we have to stretch the field, Givens and Cook must work the seams and get off bump and run coverage. Givens had a pretty good game last week but he's failing to put up 6 points when he gets his hands on the ball. Teams have rolled coverage his way because of what they saw last year and other guys are going to have to step up. Cook also had a huge week one and then nothing week 2. Atlanta did exactly what we should of done to Tony G. in that game. They stuffed him at the line and threw off his timing with SB, I expected it though, they have one of the best TE's in the history of the league and they should know how to stop them. Pettis, Austin and Quick have to be a bigger factor, at the moment teams aren't really concerned with them because they haven't shown much up till now.
Our Oline has done a pretty damn good job thus far, giving Sam plenty of time to look over the field, run blocking has been questionable but I expect it to improve as the season goes on.
Sam has been spreading the ball around better this year, he hit 8 different guys on Sunday and 7 against AZ, which is exactly what you want your QB to do. However, Sam has a bad habit of not waiting and letting the play develop, I fear he's checking down a little too early. I don't expect him to be Big Ben and shed tackles but he has to see that the Oline is giving loads more time.
I'm not really concerned about Richardson, I think the guy is a gamer, I look at his feet and how he hits the holes, he's going to be a great running back for us, imo.

Defensive must:

Plain and simple, people need to do their job. I've seen too many times this year JL55, Coutland F, and others lining up people in the correct spots. I understand Fisher wants to go with the youth movement but if a vet gives a better chance to win then you have to play the vet. Which brings me to McLeod, while I like his hard hitting and run support the guy just doesn't play well in space and has gotten lost multiple times in coverage which shows me its more mental than physical. Personally I don't care what kind of coverage we're running, whether it's base cover2, cover3, man 2 man, etc. There are plenty of teams in the NFL that use these different schemes weekly and do it well. It's the job of our coaches to put the right people on the field that will give us the best chance to win now!

Coaching:

Schotty needs to be a little more creative with stacking WR/TE's, too many times I've seen the same ol 3 or 4 WR sets basically telling the defense we're passing it and here's what kind of routes we'll be running saying, please try and stop us. Well Schotty, we don't have a Julio Jones, Fitz, Bryant or AJ green on our team so we can't do that. We do have guys that create miss matches but until we truly have a #1WR we're going to have the same problem. We have to learn to beat teams with a better offensive scheme. Also when to use the hurry and when not to. Fisher brought up the fact that he doesn't like running no huddle against a team that can score quickly because it puts your defense on the field more than he likes. Well Fisher Im no coach but when your team scores 3 times in less than 15 because of it maybe it's something you should consider putting in your game plan.
Our Defensive scheme or personnel are going to have to change this week if we're going to have some sort of chance going up against another top 5 WR core. I expect to see more man to man and bracketing Bryant. If they're going to try to beat us make them do it with Witten and Miles Austin.

Prediction:

if the Rams win we have to keep the Cowboys under 21 points.

Rams 20 Cowboys 17

If we lose we lose the same way we did in atl. We beat our selves with penalties, mistakes, and not scoring points in the first half.

Cowboys 28 Rams 17

Last edited by a moderator:

fastforward

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,832.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have some friends who are Browns fans so I have a soft spot for them. I've watched a lot of their games in recent years. They have an excellent defense this year. If that defense was part of a media-friendly contending team people would be talking about them. It's a top 8 defense that everyone will struggle against.

I'll say this again about Weeden and Gabbert...and i've said it from day 1: You can't play QB in the NFL with awful mechanics. if you give any QB 5 seconds with no pressure to look downfield and deliver the ball they'll be accurate. If you put any QB under pressure the flaws in their mechanics and temperament will exacerbate their accuracy problems. Other than Tebow those 2 are as bad as I can remember seeing.

fastforward

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,832.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're saying that Bradford gets rid of the ball too early?

jacobarch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're saying that Bradford gets rid of the ball too early?

I'm saying he's too quick to check down. I don't think he's used to the line giving him as much time as they have been. You can tell by his mechanics, he gets happy feet. A couple of announcers have pointed it out as well late last season and early this year.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We need to avoid plays that make me do this: :L

Don't give up big plays and we should have a good chance to win.

mutigers1fan

the SoCo kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The most important key to the game is to score more points than Dallas does...sorry guys I had a John Madden moment.

zeke2829

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sams gotta quit throwing the pic 6. plain and simple. We are giving the oponent easy points. Also penalties are killing us.

Ramtim

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Teams coming off losses

The Rams always seem to be the team that other teams coming off losses who were supposed to be good get wins from and again this week we have the Cowboys. I know the Boys are thinking what Atlanta was thinking, a win this week to get us going cuz it's the Rams! I am so tired of this. The Rams should of beat Atlanta and they should beat Dallas but growing pains sure hurt. This years Rams are so much better offensively but we need to start strong and finish.