• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

#1 Pens vs. #7 Sens---2nd round series thread

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh and Crosby (right when the Sens had momentum) flings Conacher's stick into his own mask and then goes down like he was shot.

0CXZAR8.gif

For shame refs.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh and Crosby (right when the Sens had momentum) flings Conacher's stick into his own mask and then goes down like he was shot.

0CXZAR8.gif

For shame refs.

He went down hard, sure, but Conacher's follow through took that to his face, not Sid's stick.

Jimmy_the_Tongue

Walks Hard
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wtf? Mary Lou Retton and Rodney Dangerfield? I used to think Mary Lou was hot...now I see she looked like a teenage boy...and that chick from the Facts of Life...Jo? Her too. Anyway, I won't be comfortable until the Pens steal one in Ottawa. I think we see MAF in game 3.

Jimmy_the_Tongue

Walks Hard
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:L at Healy - Only 9:14 of ice-time for Karlsson through two periods. He says, "Something's up".

Could it be a 70% slice of his Achilles tendon? Geez, I can't stand that nimrod.

Karlsson is lucky if he's 50%... Thats a shame...he's too good of a player to look like that...

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

0CXZAR8.gif

For shame refs.

He went down hard, sure, but Conacher's follow through took that to his face, not Sid's stick.

I'm not even sure Sid lifted Conacher's stick there, but even if he did, Sid's stick was moving too slowly to cause Conacher's to fling into his face. It would defy the conservation of momentum. Conacher had to provide at least some (a lot) of the momentum which carried his stick into Sid's face.

I also think that, even if Sid did lift Conacher's stick into his own face, a precedent has been set under the "always be in control of your stick" premise that a play like that is still a high stick. If he caught Sid on a follow-through on a pass or shot, then it shouldn't have been called a high stick, but I don't remember the play well enough to comment on whether or not that was the case.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any player would embellish it to make sure the Ref's notice.

There's also a flinch reaction when something is coming at your face, which is why I don't understand everyone chastising players (in general) for flinging their heads back when they take a high stick. When something flies at my face which I don't expect, even if it's like a teddy bear or something, I flinch back. I imagine the reflex is strong with someone who just a month and a half ago had his jaw broken by a rogue slapshot, too...

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds like Giggles (Spezza) will be in the lineup for game 3.

/Anderson to start between the pipes.

sbb122

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

forty_three

Stance: Goofy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can tell ya the risk of reinjury is pretty limited...the bigger issue would be the weakness resulting in another injury because of a mechanical change. Tendons are tough to injure in general.

He was out, and not conditioning for so long, came back on adrenaline, now his conditioning (or lack thereof comparatively) is showing. It's not the injury, it's all the muscles around it.

Any player would embellish it to make sure the Ref's notice.

Especially in today's NHL where the refs only see about a third of the actual penalties. When one happens for realz (like that) you want to be sure.

Sounds like Giggles (Spezza) will be in the lineup for game 3.

/Anderson to start between the pipes.

Anderson typically bounces back well. The fan energy with Giggles in the lineup will help.

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Lost in the ABYSS that is Islanders Hockey.
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The surprising thing to me in this series is Pittsburgh seems like the faster team. I thought Ottawa would have more speed with all their young guys. I was wrong about that.

If Ottawa doesn't play disciplined hockey they have no chance. Pittsburgh's powerplay is DEATH. The two reasons the Islanders were in every game, but one against the Pens were their team speed & discipline. In fact if Nabakov didn't stink they would have forced a Game 7.

I'd start Lehner. Anderson looked uncomfortable in Game 2.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the Sens take this one...first home game, Spezza back in the lineup. They'll come out firing. However, as Bolts said...if they give the Pens a few PP opportunities they'll keep that door wide open. Anderson needs to be better for them as well, but I do tend to think that the talent on the Pens roster just makes good goalies look silly.

BOSSMANPC

Harbor Center
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wish MAF was starting I have him in the pool and need the points.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really think we'll see MAF soon. Vokoun hasn't started this many in a row in awhile. I tend to think we'll see that regression. I don't WANT to see it, but I have a definite feeling that tonight we could see him let in quite a few.

LeaderOCola

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really think we'll see MAF soon. Vokoun hasn't started this many in a row in awhile. I tend to think we'll see that regression. I don't WANT to see it, but I have a definite feeling that tonight we could see him let in quite a few.

I hope not, Vokoun has his flaws that grate on my (esp rebound control), but he performs consistently enough on routine plays. Doesn't seem to be daydreaming, or whatever you want to call it MAF does when he goes in those pants-on-head-retard modes.

sbb122

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wish MAF was starting I have him in the pool and need the points.

I am glad Vokoun is starting because Fleury sucks and the Pens could use the win...

LeaderOCola

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the Sens take this one...first home game, Spezza back in the lineup. They'll come out firing. However, as Bolts said...if they give the Pens a few PP opportunities they'll keep that door wide open. Anderson needs to be better for them as well, but I do tend to think that the talent on the Pens roster just makes good goalies look silly.

I've got a bad feeling Cooke is going to hit Spezza (dirty).

dare2be

IST EIN PINGUINE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anderson needs to be better for them as well, but I do tend to think that the talent on the Pens roster just makes good goalies look silly.
Let's see...
Nabby - 2.50 GAA .910 Reg season, 4.44 .842 against the Pens
Anderson 1.69 .941 reg season, 1.80 .950 in the playoffs until the Pens series, 5.25 .863 facing the Pens.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope not, Vokoun has his flaws that grate on my (esp rebound control), but he performs consistently enough on routine plays. Doesn't seem to be daydreaming, or whatever you want to call it MAF does when he goes in those pants-on-head-retard modes.

MAF just gets frazzled and overthinks. That's my guess at least. MAF is the far superior athlete and goalie honestly...his head just forgets that. The reason I WANT to see him again is because I know what the guy is capable of...and honestly, the Pens sort of need him. Maybe Vokoun can carry them for this postseason, but he's not the answer. We need MAF to be the answer, or we need to find a suitable option. *coughTradeForGibson?cough*

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've got a bad feeling Cooke is going to hit Spezza (dirty).

Spezza has to be pretty daggum careful. It takes barely ANYTHING to get a back flared up again. One crosscheck to the low back and he could be in trouble. In reading reports, etc. it sure seems like he's coming back early.