• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

#1 Pens vs. #7 Sens---2nd round series thread

evolver115

Garage League
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pitt-5 power plays
Ottawa-1 power play

Seems they're letting the Pens get away with juuuuuust a little more than the Sens.

Penalties are part of the game. You can piss and moan about it, or kill them off. The isles/pens series finished even up in man advantage time. Difference was, Pitt killed all but two of them off.

Also, Pens have been out possessing Ottawa tonight. You tend to draw more than you take when that occurs. It's not rigged. If u truly believe that, then why would you watch?

beantownmaniac

I thought growing old would take longer
Hoopla Cash
$ 304.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll remember this EVERY game the Bruins ever win with a PP advantage
:suds:

It'll take less than 1 hand to count that, lol. By the way Pitt and Ottawa are 2 of the most penalized teams in the playoffs so far. All I said was keep it fair, or are you suggesting a 5 to 1 PP advantage is about right so far this game?

LeaderOCola

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It'll take less than 1 hand to count that, lol. By the way Pitt and Ottawa are 2 of the most penalized teams in the playoffs so far. All I said was keep it fair, or are you suggesting a 5 to 1 PP advantage is about right so far this game?

Based on what I've seen, I'd call it bout 9-4 right now. But I would suck as an NHL ref because I would call what I see. And the game would be SLOOOOOW.

Some guy on the Sens 3 minutes ago got away with a BLATANT hold on Murray in a puck fight behind the net. I didn't bother crying about it. Cry about a terribly egregious call? Sure. Borderline stuff you don't expect the refs to see? (As puck has moved out of that area, etc) No. Plays where the other party involved helped it happen (the typical hold the stick in on a hold, etC) No.

LeaderOCola

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

so wait a minute. The Pens are "most penalized" but yet the refs give them favors?

Really?
Enroll in cognitive dissonance rehab 101 .

Winged_Wheel88

ND 14 UM 45
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK I'm confused.

Just before almost every commercial break they have some guy singing "Light 'em up up up, light 'em up up up."

But before you know it, some lady with a hole in her neck is gonna say smoking is bad for you.

Come on, which is it? :tsk:

LeaderOCola

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK I'm confused.

Just before almost every commercial break they have some guy singing "Light 'em up up up, light 'em up up up."

But before you know it, some lady with a hole in her neck is gonna say smoking is bad for you.

Come on, which is it? :tsk:

yolo

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some penalties are obviously subjective.

A stick in the face, taken right in the vicinity of the puck, is not a subjective penalty. Methot and Karlsson both took sticks to the face without a call. One of them led directly to a goal.

I'm not saying that the league/refs are trying to help the Pens (it does look that way though) but rather the stars of the Pens get the calls while other players don't get the same respect.

The NHL is basically trying to mimic the NBA.

evolver115

Garage League
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

A stick in the face, taken right in the vicinity of the puck, is not a subjective penalty. Methot and Karlsson both took sticks to the face without a call. One of them led directly to a goal.

I'm not saying that the league/refs are trying to help the Pens (it does look that way though) but rather the stars of the Pens get the calls while other players don't get the same respect.

Iginla should have drawn a boarding call and a slash in the same shift, and the refs gave him nothing. I really don't think the zebras are out to get you. It is the same inconsistent mess it always is.

Jimmy_the_Tongue

Walks Hard
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The only difference is that no one gives a shit about the NBA

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Iginla should have drawn a boarding call and a slash in the same shift, and the refs gave him nothing. I really don't think the zebras are out to get you. It is the same inconsistent mess it always is.

Wow. Iginla was nowhere near the boards. It might have been a hit from behind. The slash was nothing. Iggy wasn't holding his stick hard enough and he knew it. If you call that slash you have to call slashes on the two Sens half-breakaways.

I agree it's been inconsistent but when the PPs are 5-1 that inconsistency is hurting one team and helping the other.

evolver115

Garage League
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow. Iginla was nowhere near the boards. It might have been a hit from behind. The slash was nothing. Iggy wasn't holding his stick hard enough and he knew it. If you call that slash you have to call slashes on the two Sens half-breakaways.

Haha, ok. I'm done discussing the refs shortcomings this evening. They won't change. It really never has.

Only one of the four goals Pitt has scored has been with the man advantage.

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haha, ok. I'm done discussing the refs shortcomings this evening.

Only one of the four goals Pitt has scored has been with the man advantage.

:laugh3:Statistically true, but one was a de facto PP goal.

Hey, maybe the refs are just responding to the home crowd. It happens and maybe the Sens will get the same benefits back in Ottawa.