• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: 1) Miami Heat vs. 2) Boston Celtics

Kawhi_2_Murray

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What would you do if the Celtics & Clippers ever meet in the Finals? Don't worry about that. The Clippers aren't going to the Finals anytime soon. :heh:

Nobody tell @Mecca I said that okay? Because if she finds out it's best that I hide.

:peep:
i would favor healthy kawhi\george team over anybody in the west outside of maybe warriors.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know how the Heat could throw the Celtics off their game tonight.

Dust off Udonis Haslem and give him some playing time.

Kawhi_2_Murray

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pondering Season 9 GIF by The Office
kawhi was my favorite player for like the last 5 years. But Tatum is my new favorite these last 2-3 seasons. I have a love for 2 way tall long wings.

I'm harmless though. I've also gone by hbk_kliq on realgm and insidehoops in the past if you ever read there.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If dude can’t go, he can’t go. Hamstrings take weeks to recover from and even then there will be a high incidence of re-injury. The time tables presented were unrealistic. I’m sure if dude could be better than 40-50% he would be out there. Have you ever had a hamstring? I’m not even a fast twitch guy and I played the tail end of my junior year with a strain not even a full tear and by the 2nd half of the Thanksgiving Day game couldn’t even get off the ball out of my stance and had to be pulled.

Kawhi_2_Murray

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually like that about defensive teams.

Used to be the opposite. You almost had to be an all star to get that nod. Lots of guys in the league who make their money on the defensive end, they deserve some hardware.

Tatum got all NBA 1st team, so he is absolutely getting the credit he deserves. That is a pretty major achievement.
True. It is good to give role players their due and recognition.

But if you keep snubbing these superstars who actually play defense, it's going to give them an excuse to not play defense. I like our superstars playing defense. Even a guy like Lebron hasn't had an all defense selection in like a decade it seems and he's a media darling. Seems like they punish you for being a scorer and assume you can't play elite D because your usage\scoring responsibility.

Kawhi_2_Murray

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Butler the last 2 games has been dribbling the ball at the freethrow line and being used as a screener\handoff type guy. Not even looking to score. This tells me he is still having knee issues that took him out game 3. We will see if this continues tonight, if it does then i expect a blowout. Especially with herro out and lowry also playing like a grandpa, miami will have no scoring.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Butler the last 2 games has been dribbling the ball at the freethrow line and being used as a screener\handoff type guy. Not even looking to score. This tells me he is still having knee issues that took him out game 3. We will see if this continues tonight, if it does then i expect a blowout. Especially with herro out and lowry also playing like a grandpa, miami will have no scoring.
Heat fans will tell you that injuries aren’t an excuse because they were very adamant about Joel Embiid’s injuries not being an excuse.

Kawhi_2_Murray

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heat fans will tell you that injuries aren’t an excuse because they were very adamant about Joel Embiid’s injuries not being an excuse.
You can go down the list of like the last 20 rings and you'll find an injured allstar player there some where.

It's just part of the game, unfortunately. Playoff basketball is intense and leads to injuries.

Kawhi_2_Murray

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can go down the list of like the last 20 rings and you'll find an injured allstar player there some where in pretty much every season.

It's just part of the game, unfortunately. Playoff basketball is intense and leads to injuries.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True. It is good to give role players their due and recognition.

But if you keep snubbing these superstars who actually play defense, it's going to give them an excuse to not play defense. I like our superstars playing defense. Even a guy like Lebron hasn't had an all defense selection in like a decade it seems and he's a media darling. Seems like they punish you for being a scorer and assume you can't play elite D because your usage\scoring responsibility.

I disagree.

Those are the guys who are going to be leading their teams to titles. All defense recognition is nice, but Tatum wouldn’t be 1st team if not for his defense.

LeBron used to be an a great defender. He isn’t anymore. At least not in the regular season when the awards are decided.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i would favor healthy kawhi\george team over anybody in the west outside of maybe warriors.
What about a healthy Jokic/Murray/MPJ team?

Kawhi is great but like AD you never know if he'll be able to play.

Tatum is still young, the hype will only keep growing for him. Good shot at an MVP someday. And if the Celtics beat the Warriors (almost a coinflip) he'll get his due.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If dude can’t go, he can’t go. Hamstrings take weeks to recover from and even then there will be a high incidence of re-injury. The time tables presented were unrealistic. I’m sure if dude could be better than 40-50% he would be out there. Have you ever had a hamstring? I’m not even a fast twitch guy and I played the tail end of my junior year with a strain not even a full tear and by the 2nd half of the Thanksgiving Day game couldn’t even get off the ball out of my stance and had to be pulled.

Yeah i hear you. Got my hopes up. Reports all day as late as 4 pm est said he would play

Kawhi_2_Murray

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree.

Those are the guys who are going to be leading their teams to titles. All defense recognition is nice, but Tatum wouldn’t be 1st team if not for his defense.

LeBron used to be an a great defender. He isn’t anymore. At least not in the regular season when the awards are decided.
i just don't get why tatum can't get both 1st team defense and 1st team all nba like lebron did from 2009-2013.

Defense is a HUGE part of Tatum's game. So it really doesn't make sense. You're giving him 1st team all nba because he's a great 2 way player, not just because his offense. I guess he's just not flashy enough, not enough muscles to give him credit for his defense? and not a role player?

Kawhi_2_Murray

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What about a healthy Jokic/Murray/MPJ team?

Kawhi is great but like AD you never know if he'll be able to play.

Tatum is still young, the hype will only keep growing for him. Good shot at an MVP someday. And if the Celtics beat the Warriors (almost a coinflip) he'll get his due.
yeah a jokic\murray\MPJ team will be the best offense in the league, just not sure they'll be good enough defensively.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah a jokic\murray\MPJ team will be the best offense in the league, just not sure they'll be good enough defensively.
You're probably right, just mentioning another injury plagued top team in the West.

Kawhi on this Clippers team makes them a contender but I don't think any of the contenders this year were definitively better than the others. It was pretty wide open.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i just don't get why tatum can't get both 1st team defense and 1st team all nba like lebron did from 2009-2013.

Defense is a HUGE part of Tatum's game. So it really doesn't make sense. You're giving him 1st team all nba because he's a great 2 way player, not just because his offense. I guess he's just not flashy enough, not enough muscles to give him credit for his defense? and not a role player?
One reason is while Tatum is great and on the rise to be greater, he's not prime LeBron

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Quite honestly, he’s first team NBA on the fact that the system hasn’t adjusted yet to positionless basketball. Tatum got the spot that should have been Embiid’s. Embiid was on 57 1st team ballots and Tatum was in the 40s. Great player. I think he’s absolutely gotten recognition. He has all of NBA media in his corner led by super homer pretending to be a journalist in Bill Simmons and all of his automatons at the Ringer. Tatum has definitely gotten enough love.