• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: 1) Golden State Warriors (73-9) vs 8) Houston Rockets (41-41)

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really? Maybe that's why your Lakers suck so bad, because they think being # 4 or 5 overshadows being #1 like the Warriors.
Well yes the Lakers do suck, no denying that.

But the example that you've given isn't even closely relative to the point I was making- which was about you stating one opinion, then a totally different opinion MULTIPLE TIMES. In most cases, the last impression is a lasting one and in your case that would be you saying the Warriors were going to lose the series against the Rockets if they didn't have Curry.

Don't try to deflect from that buffoonery now that you've been proven wrong to the 100th degree.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really? Maybe that's why your Lakers suck so bad, because they think being # 4 or 5 overshadows being #1 like the Warriors.

Yes, because after all, the Warriors have soooo much more experience with being #1 than the Lakers do. :rolleyes2:

Jordan23

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Spurs say "Hi"
I'm sure they do but they couldn't win 1 of the last 2 to end that 73 win record for them. I think Spurs could win with home court but without it i don't see it happening unless Curry goes down again.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sure they do but they couldn't win 1 of the last 2 to end that 73 win record for them. I think Spurs could win with home court but without it i don't see it happening unless Curry goes down again.

Yeah but when it comes to the playoffs it is a different animal. I'm sure they wanted GS to not break the record but it was still the regular season. The Spurs are still very very dangerous and should not be taken for granted, not saying you said that but still.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Warriors and Spurs played on a neutral court at full health, I don't believe either team would be a clear cut favorite. The key difference here is that the Warriors hold home court advantage, which for the Warriors is a much bigger deal than people think it is.

If the Warriors and Spurs had to play a series without Curry playing, I would say the Spurs would be an 80% favorite. The Warriors still have a pretty good team and would have a punchers chance if they got hot from 3 and everyone played at peak levels. If Curry plays but is limited, I would say the Spurs would be a 60/40 Favorite.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah but when it comes to the playoffs it is a different animal. I'm sure they wanted GS to not break the record but it was still the regular season. The Spurs are still very very dangerous and should not be taken for granted, not saying you said that but still.

Agree. The Spurs really couldn't care less about the regular season. They just want to get to the playoffs healthy and rested, which they did.

To beat GSW, whoever does it, will have to win at least 1 game on the Warriors home court while not dropping a game on their own home court. I think the Spurs are easily the team with the best chance at doing that.

Jordan23

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, it's definitely a different animal but with the home court at GS, I just don't see the Spurs winning this series. I wouldn't be surprised to see the series end on the Spurs court. This is all assuming Curry is 100% the entire series.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Curry is already ahead of schedule in terms of healing. He's going to begin testing his knee on the court next week. Hopefully this is good news and not too soon.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Curry is already ahead of schedule in terms of healing. He's going to begin testing his knee on the court next week. Hopefully this is good news and not too soon.

He is a freak of nature. I wouldn't be surprised if he tried like hell to go by game 3. That'll be the two week evaluation mark from what I've seen of the potential released schedule.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is a freak of nature. I wouldn't be surprised if he tried like hell to go by game 3. That'll be the two week evaluation mark from what I've seen of the potential released schedule.
Yep, I just never felt like the injury was as bad as some where thinking. The fact that he was moving around after half time gave me hope. He's extremely dedicated to this team & to winning so I'm not surprised he's working hard to get better as quickly as possible.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep, I just never felt like the injury was as bad as some where thinking. The fact that he was moving around after half time gave me hope. He's extremely dedicated to this team & to winning so I'm not surprised he's working hard to get better as quickly as possible.

That and he picked up Ian Clark after going crazy when Klay hit those threes. Shows he's in better shape than any of us could have realistically expected.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That and he picked up Ian Clark after going crazy when Klay hit those threes. Shows he's in better shape than any of us could have realistically expected.
Hahaha yea I was cracking up when he did that. They really had him excited over there on the bench on Wed night. I am hoping they can continue to stay this focused in the next round because it's really looking like it will be Portland moving on.