• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: 04.03.23 msgkings' 1st choice @ msgkings' 2nd choice

LHG

Former Californian. Hesitant Tennessean.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Filo is here. Dues must be due.

Sorry Stokes, with the economy the way it is, dues have risen.
season 2 gtfo GIF by American Gods

pachyderm

kick assery king
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I obviously and correctly have a very low tolerance for fair-weather "fans".

I'm happy to serve as the resident guy on the forum who kicks ass and takes names. And I don't like to write names down.

Fair weather fans implies that whomever you're referring to has left the fan base.

We've actually gained one or two back it seems. And we don't all have to agree on how to root/feel about the team do we?

Anyway, here's Wonderwall...

LHG

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just realized that the Giants have the strangest schedule to start a season this year. Play the Yankees and take a day off before 2 more games. Then, travel to Chicago and play the White Sox the next day before taking a day off and then playing 2 more games. I'm a bit surprised that they don't get a day off after their first day in Kansas City.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just realized that the Giants have the strangest schedule to start a season this year. Play the Yankees and take a day off before 2 more games. Then, travel to Chicago and play the White Sox the next day before taking a day off and then playing 2 more games. I'm a bit surprised that they don't get a day off after their first day in Kansas City.
Not defending the strategy, but I think the weird off days are to allow for rainouts.

I think that the off days would make more sense at the end of the series’, but there you have it…

LHG

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not defending the strategy, but I think the weird off days are to allow for rainouts.

I think that the off days would make more sense at the end of the series’, but there you have it…
Good point. That plays well into the perception that players are not getting their travel day taken away for a make up game. Its a little bit harder to complain about losing an off day in the middle of a series instead of at the end of the series. On the flip side, though, that means more opportunity to complain about fewer travel days with no games.

filosofy29

Back
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fair weather fans implies that whomever you're referring to has left the fan base.

We've actually gained one or two back it seems. And we don't all have to agree on how to root/feel about the team do we?

Anyway, here's Wonderwall...
I’m not the one that moved out of California. I’m loyal AF

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When are they going to KC?

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
KC is at home, home opener (I'm going to it)

The crappy weather cities often schedule their home opener with a day off the next day in case it rains that first day, don't want to double up the first game.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whoops, read that incorrectly. I thought I saw KC as the home team on the schedule.
good grief I hope not. My ticket is for Oracle Park and I didn't book a flight...