• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: 02/20/2015, Spurs at Warriors, 7:30 pm pacific

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, before the Warriors go back on the road again, they have a pretty good little game at home against the Spurs. The Spurs won't have to worry about anyone not playing or having to rest (unless I'm forgetting about any players who are injured), so both teams will be at full strength.

I've heard a few people say that this new long break that the players have over the all-star break that it could lead to more rust that might be greater than the good that it does helping players heal up and rest. This might last for one game if that, but after that, the players will be ready to go.

The Spurs beat the Warriors early in the season in Oakland, so I'm really on edge about this game here. The Dubs have to beat the Spurs at their own game.....playing smart, keeping the ball moving and playing solid defense. I look for a lower than average scoring game from the normal and I'm really hoping that Thompson, who struggled in the ASG to come out strong. Prediction......Warriors 100 - 90.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looking forward to watching some Warriors basketball again.

For the Dubs, I think the rest will do more good than harm. Everyone from top to bottom was starting to look a bit sluggish on the court. It could have been anything from weary legs to lethargy, yet the Warriors were still able to eek out wins.

I'm looking for them to come on strong here for this last push of the season. The Spurs seem to be the cryptonite of the Warriors, so we'll have to see how they respond. The Spurs will be relatively healthy and rested too after the all star break. It'll be a nice test. Also it will be good to see the Warriors up against good competition to start out of the break. If they had to play lets say the Sixers or TWolves instead of the Spurs, they may still be on a mental vacation for that one.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Spurs are the masters at taking the opposition out of their game. They are especially adept at doing it to young, impatient teams like the Warriors. Dubs should win but if they start runnin' around jackin' up threes and not playing defense the Spurs will win.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I forgot to mention that the Spurs played at the Clips last night, so they'll be a bit tired from last night's game. They lost a really good game to the Clips. I guess this tips the scales a little bit towards the Warriors.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I forgot to mention that the Spurs played at the Clips last night, so they'll be a bit tired from last night's game. They lost a really good game to the Clips. I guess this tips the scales a little bit towards the Warriors.

Yes. I think that will be the biggest thing in the Dubs' favor tonight.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Curry played a nearly flawless game. It's one of the best 27 point games I've ever seen. 11 assists, 4 steals, 5-5 from the FT line. And, he really dogged Tony Parker on defense, constantly beating him to the spot to halt Parker from being able to drive to the basket. I guess that age and weariness may have played a part of this battle of point guards, but Curry's effort on D really helped to shut Parker down.