• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Zimmer rumors

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Titans interviewed Bengals DC Mike Zimmer for their head-coaching vacancy on Thursday.

The news was first reported on Monday, and confirmed by the Titans on Thursday. A hot commodity after his defense's latest strong showing in 2013, Zimmer is considered the "favorite" for the Vikings' opening. Zimmer is going to sport a good defense wherever he lands, but may not be the best fit for Tennessee, who has far more questions on the offensive side of the ball.

Twist it isn't looking good for Zimmer lasting another year, if you believe the rumors.

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Titans interviewed Bengals DC Mike Zimmer for their head-coaching vacancy on Thursday.

The news was first reported on Monday, and confirmed by the Titans on Thursday. A hot commodity after his defense's latest strong showing in 2013, Zimmer is considered the "favorite" for the Vikings' opening. Zimmer is going to sport a good defense wherever he lands, but may not be the best fit for Tennessee, who has far more questions on the offensive side of the ball.

Twist it isn't looking good for Zimmer lasting another year, if you believe the rumors.

yeah I expect him to land with the Vikings.

I hate Tennessee. Ever since they held Fisher just long enough for Jerry to hire Garrett instead of Fisher.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn. I hope the vikings and titans pick someone else

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lets be honest. If we kept Garrett after his game day mistakes of last year and this year, what really makes us think that next year is going to be any different? It just seems Garrett like some of his project draft picks is just another thing that Jerry has staked his reputation on and will keep him way longer than common sense would say he should...

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lets be honest. If we kept Garrett after his game day mistakes of last year and this year, what really makes us think that next year is going to be any different? It just seems Garrett like some of his project draft picks is just another thing that Jerry has staked his reputation on and will keep him way longer than common sense would say he should...

Garrett either wins next year or he is gone.

His contract is up ...... Even Jerry knows the fan base would fucking go nuts if he held on to Jason even one more year without a playoff win.

Two things Jerry hates. Admitting he is wrong .... Until he cant deny it anymore

Losing money and TV time .... Which he would do both if he extended Garrett without playoff success

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Garrett either wins next year or he is gone.

His contract is up ...... Even Jerry knows the fan base would fucking go nuts if he held on to Jason even one more year without a playoff win.

Two things Jerry hates. Admitting he is wrong .... Until he cant deny it anymore

Losing money and TV time .... Which he would do both if he extended Garrett without playoff success

All of this is the same stuff we all thought 12 months ago. I don't think eating a year of a contract matters to Jerry.

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All of this is the same stuff we all thought 12 months ago. I don't think eating a year of a contract matters to Jerry.

I don't think it does either

I think giving him an extension would though

bigdeal701

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with Tw1st3d, I don't see Jerry giving Garrett another contract if he fails to make the playoffs next season.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with Tw1st3d, I don't see Jerry giving Garrett another contract if he fails to make the playoffs next season.

While I agree with both of you...I again have to say...why would Jerry all of a sudden admit he wasted years by sticking with Garrett if we end up with the same outcome? I'm not saying I would stick with GArrett, I'm saying I don't know if Jerry is going to admit he was wrong and let him go. Hopefully Garrett learns to manage the clock, run/pass split and other game day decisions like a Community College graduate, let alone a Princeton Grad and we don't have to worry about this decision.

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While I agree with both of you...I again have to say...why would Jerry all of a sudden admit he wasted years by sticking with Garrett if we end up with the same outcome? I'm not saying I would stick with GArrett, I'm saying I don't know if Jerry is going to admit he was wrong and let him go. Hopefully Garrett learns to manage the clock, run/pass split and other game day decisions like a Community College graduate, let alone a Princeton Grad and we don't have to worry about this decision.

Jerry has bit the bullet before

Gaily and Campo both come to mind

cowboycolors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jerry has bit the bullet before

Gaily and Campo both come to mind

Chan Gailey never should have been hired he was a joke IMHO

Campo was just a caretaker while we were in salary cap hell .

Garrett has about worn his welcome out with fans because he is not winning and his HS football coach mistakes in the games.

Your right about Jerry though with his not wanting to admit a mistake or he would have hired a football GM to turn this club around a LONG TIME AGO

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His reputation is on the line more with Garrett. That's the difference to me

cowboycolors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And good for Mike Zimmer he deserves to be a HC

My BNL big Vikings fan was underwhelmed until I told him to go back and look at Mikes defensive teams. He changed his tune in about 10 minutes

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guy has more than earned his shot

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guy has more than earned his shot

he must not interview well. Never understood how he didn't become a HC long before now.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My favorite guy to be the Cowboys next Head Coach is off the market. As with Payton, we're gonna be one year too late. On to Hue Jackson

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My favorite guy to be the Cowboys next Head Coach is off the market. As with Payton, we're gonna be one year too late. On to the GOOD Gruden

Edited it for you :lol:

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
he must not interview well. Never understood how he didn't become a HC long before now.

I think owners want you to come in and sugar coat shit .... make things seem like they aren't that bad and can be fixed quick

Zimmer just give me the impression he isn't that type

Put a hoodie on him .... He will remind you alot of that man in New England that doesn't talk much, doesn't complain .... but gets the job done

And yeah... They both worked under Parcels

Blunt and honest