• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Zimmer / Gruden watch 2014

BurrowDeep2Chase

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Houston - Bill O'Brien
Cleveland
Detroit
Minnesota
Tampa Bay
Washington

One down five to go.

JohnRandle

Gold Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,356.27
Fav. Team #1
Looks like the Vikes will ask for permission to interview both. As well as Bevel / Quinn from Seahawks.

kramer1

Sports betting savant
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Neither will get a HC job. Relax.

Zim is too old and Gruden is too dumb.

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Lovie Smith will get one of those jobs.

He went to a SB and was 10-6 the year he got fired.

Wisenhunt has a SB appearance on his resume and his veteran "washed up" QB just posted a 106 passer rating.

It should be down to three open spots soon.

JBUCK66

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Zim needs to HC in Cincinnati

if gruden wins a playoff game I guess he gets a pass. not a fan though

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It would be really interesting to see how this offense would look with an experienced OC at the helm.

Someone like Turner would absolutely making Gresham and Eiffert into a very similar version of Hernandez/Gronk in NE (not as talented/good, but in the same ball-park). He would also have Gio getting 85% of the snaps, and around 1700 total yards between running and catching.

Gruden gets in his own way too often. Part of the learning curve, I guess, but this offense under some real experience would be down-right scary.

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It would be really interesting to see how this offense would look with an experienced OC at the helm.

Someone like Turner would absolutely making Gresham and Eiffert into a very similar version of Hernandez/Gronk in NE (not as talented/good, but in the same ball-park). He would also have Gio getting 85% of the snaps, and around 1700 total yards between running and catching.

Gruden gets in his own way too often. Part of the learning curve, I guess, but this offense under some real experience would be down-right scary.

Gresham stinks. He has a lot of talent but he makes as many negative plays as he does positive. And we seem to be no worse on offense in the games he misses.

Eifert is young and still learning. He didn't have the season I had hoped, but I still have high hopes.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gresham stinks. He has a lot of talent but he makes as many negative plays as he does positive. And we seem to be no worse on offense in the games he misses.

Eifert is young and still learning. He didn't have the season I had hoped, but I still have high hopes.

I can agree Gresham has a lot more potential than he's tapped into. There's no doubt he's been a letdown here, but I still think that with more matchups being split wide, and used in different ways, he can add more success.

Of course, this is determined by the fact that he can't fumble the ball every 3rd time he touches it, or have a false-start every 4th play.

However, I think using him in more ways like a WR and splitting him out would reduce any holding penalties...LOL

Eiffert has shown the flashes, but has the rookie mistakes. He'll grow.

I still think it would be interesting to see how things would run under a more experienced OC.

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I'm not a huge fan of Turner to the Bengals. His scheme is based on play action passing and power throws. Not the best schematic fit for Dalton.

I wouldn't mind Hue Jackson getting the promotion as long as he sticks with Gruden's playbook.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not a huge fan of Turner to the Bengals. His scheme is based on play action passing and power throws. Not the best schematic fit for Dalton.

I wouldn't mind Hue Jackson getting the promotion as long as he sticks with Gruden's playbook.

That's fair.

I was just alluding to Turner because I know how he incorporates the RB and TE's into the offense a lot. Two positions of, relative, strength for the Bengals with 2 decent TE's and Gio coming out of the backfield.

Not saying they would be top 5 in offense, but again, just would be interested in seeing more mis-matches created based on the strengths of the offense.

kramer1

Sports betting savant
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL @ Jay Gruden getting a HC job. Stop. Just stop.

bengaldoug

former pessimistic homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Gruden. As time goes on the offense is becoming more and more aggressive. While it has led to a few more mistakes, imo that is offset by the greater increase in scoring, making this a more dangeroust team. The more aggressive play calling seems to have led to a more confident Dalton, and a more aggressive Marvin....all good things....

ckhokie

Supporting Member Level 69
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL @ Jay Gruden getting a HC job. Stop. Just stop.

Washington seems fairly high on Gruden.

I can see it, because I don't think anyone with HC experience would go to the dumpster fire that is the Redskins right now. It's going to be someones first shot.

kramer1

Sports betting savant
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I can see it, because I don't think anyone with HC experience would go to the dumpster fire that is the Redskins right now. It's going to be someones first shot.

They'll hire Lovie Smith.

Black QB. Black coach. It just makes sense. Plus, it's DC. DC is like the black capital of the world. Am I right?

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kramer is Ron Burgandy -> [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0eJCZf7tNLs]"Black People Freak Me Out" ANCHORMAN 2 Movie Clip # 4 - YouTube[/ame]

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
That's fair.

I was just alluding to Turner because I know how he incorporates the RB and TE's into the offense a lot. Two positions of, relative, strength for the Bengals with 2 decent TE's and Gio coming out of the backfield.

Not saying they would be top 5 in offense, but again, just would be interested in seeing more mis-matches created based on the strengths of the offense.

I agree that Gio should be the focal point of the offense next season. Hopefully they were just easing him into that role this year because he's a rookie

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

That's probably the case unless Snyder throws so much money at a high profile coach that they can't refuse the job.

He's hired Gibbs, Schottenheimer, Spurrier, Shanahann, Norv Turner (when he was a SB coordinator)

Snyder is fan of the big name

ckhokie

Supporting Member Level 69
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's probably the case unless Snyder throws so much money at a high profile coach that they can't refuse the job.

He's hired Gibbs, Schottenheimer, Spurrier, Shanahann, Norv Turner (when he was a SB coordinator)

Snyder is fan of the big name

Art Briles' (current Baylor head coach) name is being throw around. That would be hilarious to me - just putting more eggs in the RGIII basket

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Art Briles' (current Baylor head coach) name is being throw around. That would be hilarious to me - just putting more eggs in the RGIII basket

Not to pile on RGIII, but Pete Prisco made a great point about his college career.

At Baylor, RGIII's receivers were Josh Gordon, Kendall Wright and Terrance Williams at different points during his final two seasons. That group would be a mismatch for the Seahawks secondary